Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't tell if you are joking, but that does make more sense.

battery/range and gear are related to driving, and time and temp are about your surroundings.
Oops! It was a mistake. I meant time, not date!

I agree that the time and temperature should be together that the battery and drive indicators should be together.

NOTE: The referenced picture had changed since my comment was originally posted. The original picture had the temperature on the bottom left, by the battery indicator and the time on the bottom right, by the drive mode indicator.

Here's the original image:
8d7308fc03694d6c64823f2329f82a92.jpg

Last edited:

Is Elon calling in from South Africa? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

So for those of us without AP, do we have any information yet on what the UI will show in the center? No use for the toy car at all...

Indeed, that's my fear as well. As 2012 owner, I really don't want to trade my handy and analog speedometer and power bar, along with battery and range meter, to a picture of my car on an empty road with implied "sorry, if you had a more recent car this UI would have been useful".

Wow, seems we're witnessing a "Classic" turn into sour grapes... or vinegar. Hopefully we all don't grow over the years to resent the new features, because this is a car with rapid and substantial changes/improvements being made. I can only imagine in a couple of years there will be another Big Thing.

If I had a Classic, I'd be looking forward to seeing the brake lights and headlights in a clearer way, the toy car seems to work great for that.

And seeing the actual number I'm pegging the cruise to is better than the dial IMHO.

So I'd be pretty pumped for this even with an original Model S.

For those with the Autopilot gear there is still more in store, of course, and it's a bit like xmas eve
M5OI6Xev_400x400.jpg

FYI, this:

View attachment 97870

Is the TACC speed set point, not temperature.
Some of the screenshots showed the temperature next to the battery indicator.

Looking back at my posts, I see the included image in many of the above posts is NOT the image I was referring to. In the image that I was taking about, the temperature was on the bottom left, by the battery indicator and the time was on the bottom right by the drive mode indicator. Now that the images have changed, must of the above comments don't make sense.

Notice how Max* mentions time and temperature in post 1908 and then many of us commented on the original picture which had since changed.

Here's the image that was originally in post 1908:
3b481901967dce6e153f2023f8489ec1.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a function of the monitor or just the sensors.

Remember that it was said that we'd never have the backup lines.

I was told it was the TPMS module that would need to be upgraded, along with the sensors in the tires. For the record, my P85 (P21xxx) did not have individual tire pressures in the diagnostic menu that I got to see once...

That's fine. I said many times I would like to be wrong.

But it's also quite possible that Tesla heard our complaints loud and clear and made whatever changes they could in the time allowed. So it's a win-win.

I'd still like to see what the non-AP car dashboard looks like.

I retract my earlier "I told you so" and will accept your recirprocal admonishment. At least the time and temp is on the center console.

In that car and driver article posted above, they said "The hill-hold function and the driveline jiggle we’ve noticed after engaging drive or reverse are also improved with the 7.0 software.". Anyone know what the heck the driveline jiggle is?

In that car and driver article posted above, they said "The hill-hold function and the driveline jiggle we’ve noticed after engaging drive or reverse are also improved with the 7.0 software.". Anyone know what the heck the driveline jiggle is?

On my car, somewhere above 1 mph but below 2 mph, I get a little shimmy or stutter. My replacement drive unit does the same. This is different than the milling sound and the clunking my old drive unit had (it had this shimmy/stutter as well though). Maybe that's what they are talking about?