Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware v7.0

Since we already have tons of posts in the old v7 thread (that is now the v7 Beta Discussions thread), I thought we'd open a new one.

v7.0 a.k.a. 2.6.220 is in the wild with auto-steer and auto-lane change!

Edit to add: This looks like another case of regular people "accidentally" getting the beta release alongside some EAP people. I'll ask a mod to unsticky this and collapse it into the Beta Discussion thread.

Last edited:
It's been 4 minutes already, where are the pictures and complaints? :wink:

Firewall at work is making things difficult. I'm trying!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this works (pasting the link off my phone since our proxy is blocking it):

12006272_10153222631289576_8974654258374277465_n.jpg

12031373_10206152284620596_3489166175976053990_o.jpg

OMG, they brought torque sleep to RWD only vehicles. From the EAP release notes:
- Improved performance at top speed and initial start (below 3 mph), even on RWD vehicles
- torque sleep on RWD vehicles
- improved regen on 60 kWh cars
- faster and more efficient climate control
- hill hold on all road grades, even flat
- parallel parking for AP cars
- improvements to side collision warning system (better range)
- individual tire pressure readings
- power meter on energy app and energy app automatically shows up when limiting is in effect

This is huge (I mean, I was thinking about it almost daily):

- Improved Driving Experience at Low Speeds
Smooth consistent torque near zero speed: When you shift to drive, there will be a smooth transition from rolling backwards to forward as you accelerate through zero speed.

Screen shots from latest beta Autopilot release that was posted to Worldwide FB group and then quickly pulled...

View attachment 94622View attachment 94623

As posted in the other thread, I don't understand how P42444 can have AP hardware. The earliest VIN to have AP should be in the 50,000's per Model S Order Delivery - Google Sheets

It's entirely possible the two above screenshots are from a different car. OR, there's a bug in this 7.0 release that shows AP toggle switches even if AP hardware isn't available.

As posted in the other thread, I don't understand how P42444 can have AP hardware. The earliest VIN to have AP should be in the 50,000's per Model S Order Delivery - Google Sheets

It's entirely possible the two above screenshots are from a different car. OR, there's a bug in this 7.0 release that shows AP toggle switches even if AP hardware isn't available.

Two different cars, I saw the two guys posting the pics before they were removed from Facebook.