Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As posted in the other thread, I don't understand how P42444 can have AP hardware. The earliest VIN to have AP should be in the 50,000's per Model S Order Delivery - Google Sheets

It's entirely possible the two above screenshots are from a different car. OR, there's a bug in this 7.0 release that shows AP toggle switches even if AP hardware isn't available.

Yes, screen shots are from two different owners.

tesla7ss1.jpg

tesla7ss2.jpg

tesla7ss3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tesla7ss4.jpg

tesla7ss5.jpg

Love all of the improvements for us Classic owners! Bring it! :)

The new Hill Hold function is one that I've been requesting for a long time and am glad that Tesla is implementing it. It makes no sense to only hold on hills. It should work in all situations. Looks like we are finally going to get that. The improved driveline performance for classics is also wonderful news. Breathing new life into my 2 year old car... love it!

OMG, they brought torque sleep to RWD only vehicles. From the EAP release notes:
- Improved performance at top speed and initial start (below 3 mph), even on RWD vehicles
- torque sleep on RWD vehicles
- improved regen on 60 kWh cars
- faster and more efficient climate control
- hill hold on all road grades, even flat
- parallel parking for AP cars
- improvements to side collision warning system (better range)
- individual tire pressure readings
- power meter on energy app and energy app automatically shows up when limiting is in effect

Clearly, I am the simpleton around here.

I am most excited about TPMS giving me individual tire pressures, followed by improved climate system controls. These are two of the small handful of things that my Chevy Volt did a better job of than my Model S.

Love all of the improvements for us Classic owners! Bring it! :)

The new Hill Hold function is one that I've been requesting for a long time and am glad that Tesla is implementing it. It makes no sense to only hold on hills. It should work in all situations. Looks like we are finally going to get that. The improved driveline performance for classics is also wonderful news. Breathing new life into my 2 year old car... love it!
I do foresee a problem in the implementation though... It says it disables if you press the brake again, that's very counter-intuitive and is almost guaranteed to cause someone to roll back in to something unexpectedly at some point.

I do foresee a problem in the implementation though... It says it disables if you press the brake again, that's very counter-intuitive and is almost guaranteed to cause someone to roll back in to something unexpectedly at some point.

I'm not sure how they could do it differently. So if a driver has creep on and enables hold, then they want to resume creeping? It's natural to assume a light press/release will turn off hill hold when a hard press/release turns it on. I like it!

What is "torque sleep on RWD vehicles"??
Something that makes no sense at all...
Best guess, an improved "coast" mode when you have the right angle of road?

Probably slightly improved efficiency somehow...

- - - Updated - - -

What is "torque sleep on RWD vehicles"??

Torque sleep for RWD vehicles is explained in the images posted above:
Torque sleep technology developed for Dual-Motor Model S has now been activated in Rear-Wheel Drive Model S. When at a standstill, the motor will now completely de-energize and seamlessly re-energize when needed. Torque sleep and wake-up saves energy and is so fast it's imperceptible.

Glad to read this, although I'm surprised they weren't already doing this.

Who would ever question the veracity of unconfirmed rumors on a car enthusiast forum. Don't be ridiculous.

In unrelated news, the mother of a friend of mine told me that her neighbor put a blue flower pot on her window sill, which is a clear signal for a new beta being made available. So I can definitely neither confirm nor deny that Andy's information may or may not be correct.

Does this make you feel better about the veracity of my post last night?

The OP on FB got an email that was clearly intended for the EAP. Maybe another series of "mistakes" for the second round?

fb-em-eap.jpg

It will work now just like my 4Runner works (when it engages, 4Runner won't engage on flat road), plus have an indicator light. Personally, I anticipate liking this setup. Removing my foot from the brake (after a sufficient time for hill hold to engage) will give me whatever amount of time I need to hit the go-pedal. So I can let go when the light turns green, but have the car wait while the four cars in front of me take off.

I'm wondering if this is the first time EAP/beta testers are seeing lane-keeping. A couple days ago someone indicated that beta 7 initially did not have it. Before now, has there been any confirmation of lane-keeping in v7?

If it's just getting out to beta, the public release might still be a ways off.