Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont get me wrong. I think it's very positive what we see here. On the other hand, if you have a problem with me providing feedback on an Internet forum then that's pretty immature. That's the purpose of this forum. You don't need to follow this thread if you can't handle it.

My apologies, I was apparently unclear.
I in no way intended to imply that I have any problem with you, or anyone else posting critiques of Tesla.

The problem I had was with you taking credit for changes made.
I know some people went so far as to insist Tesla would make no changes as they had also released a "draft release notes" document.

I think it is wonderful that, apparently, there was enough similar feedback from people that actually experienced the beta software, that agreed with those here that were critical.
I also hope that feedback from the forum is als taken into account. More importantly, I hope that much more weight is given to the opinion of those that have the complete information.

Yeah, because the forum is filled with those negative people and their posts... :)

Seriously: good for you. I'm sure this will work great for many people. I am well aware that I am in a minority here.
Well, yes it is. And people making wild conjectures when they have never seen what they are conjecturing about. And complaining and whining. And if someone comes out and says they really like a feature, then they are a fanboy.

I am guessing that 98% of people will like the AP or PA and will never say much. I am guessing that 2% of the people will get excited about something that Tesla said might be a problem ("Keep your hands on the wheel", etc.) and will post something like "Tesla Tried to Kill Me!!!" Really??

And why are you a minority? Are you the one that does silly things to see how far you can stretch the envelope, and then get all upset because it does what they said it would? Well, that, I guess, would be in the minority.
Umm. What? You really think this forum is filled with people critical of Tesla? Seriously? Or did I miss some double sarcastic irony here? I'm confused.
And did I accuse anyone who was positive of being a fanboy? I say (quote) "Seriously: good for you."
And the rest of your post... let me just assume that wasn't really in response to my post (even though you quoted my post) because I have not the slightest idea what anything you say there has to do with me or with the things I have posted.

For the record: I really don't care for the new UI. And because of this I am declining the "upgrade". And since the post /I/ was responding to seemed to imply that the majority of people were negative on the v7 I was trying to point out that I was well aware that it is, in fact, a minority that is and that I was happy that most people like it because, heck, that's what I want... I want people to be happy and like their Tesla. And because I want to continue to like my Tesla I'll stay on 6.2

So I don't know what exactly I said that got you all worked up, but I think you were missing the point of my post - or maybe you weren't actually trying to respond to my post.

Either way. Peace.

I like the the look of the new UI. They definitely moved some UI elements around a they could have left alone but hopefully these little things will get fixed with feedback to Tesla.

I have no problem with the overall look of the new UI. But I'm completely baffled as to why a car icon and the odometer take precedent over a range display. This is still an EV, afterall, and range is the number one question that is on our minds. Accordingly, the range display needs to be front and center.

If someone really wants to see brake light feedback on the dash then they should be willing to pull up the car status app on the side. There is no reason to make this the default for everyone.

There is an analog speedometer! (sort of)

The TACC indicator, when not engaged (gray) acts as an analog speedomoter. As you speed up and slow down the little line moves up and down. When you engage TACC, the little line turns blue (as well as the whole indicator) and gets set to the triangular mark above it showing your engaged TACC speed.

It's kind of cool. Not functional (since it's so small), but a nice touch. Good job Tesla.

I have no problem with the overall look of the new UI. But I'm completely baffled as to why a car icon and the odometer take precedent over a range display. This is still an EV, afterall, and range is the number one question that is on our minds. Accordingly, the range display needs to be front and center.
I think you go to far in your statement that "range is the number one question that is on OUR minds." You cannot speak for all Model S drivers. Speaking for myself, I only think about range if I am planning on driving over 200 miles. More than 95% of the time my Model S trips are less than 200 miles and I really don't think about range.
I am fine with the range indicator being moved to the lower left of the driver's display.

I think you go to far in your statement that "range is the number one question that is on OUR minds." You cannot speak for all Model S drivers. Speaking for myself, I only think about range if I am planning on driving over 200 miles. More than 95% of the time my Model S trips are less than 200 miles and I really don't think about range.
I am fine with the range indicator being moved to the lower left of the driver's display.

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with loading the car status app on the side display just like media, trip computer, phone, etc?

Are you criticizing me over this? Really? I didn't design this. I would rather have the battery front and center as well but it's still there. I can't think of the last time on a normal day (not traveling) I panicked because the battery gauge wasn't directly below the center of the screen. Everyone is different though. It you look a few inches over to the left and down it is there. They don't take it completely away.

(Emphasis mine.) Of course not. I was criticizing the UI.

I seem to have a bug in my system. When I'm in autopilot on the highway, everything working great, and use the turn signal for changing lanes, I get a red warning to "take over control immediately, the car is departing the lane", or words to that effect.

Well, duh - it's departing the lane because the autopilot itself steered the car over to the next lane. This clears itself almost immediately with no intervention on my part and the lane change terminates properly but seems a bit sub-optimal.

I seem to have a bug in my system. When I'm in autopilot on the highway, everything working great, and use the turn signal for changing lanes, I get a red warning to "take over control immediately, the car is departing the lane", or words to that effect.

Well, duh - it's departing the lane because the autopilot itself steered the car over to the next lane. This clears itself almost immediately with no intervention on my part and the lane change terminates properly but seems a bit sub-optimal.

Mine does NOT do this.

Thanks for bumping this!

Just balancing the negativity by the loud few:

I LOVE the new UI, I LOVE the car showing which sensors it sees and where in the lane it is. I LOVE almost everything about the new IC.

To add to the above: My kids love the new UI too. Good job Tesla!

They watch from the back seats, and comment if the steering wheel indicator is blue, when the lanes are blue and the car knows where to go, when the car in front of mine is blue, etc.

I showed them how the steering wheel moves on it's own, and my daughter commented about how cool it is! (she's almost 5, but she already knows my car is electric, no tail pipes, we don't need to go to gas stations, and now the "car can drive on it's own")