Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another data point on .77 being SC only. My car is at SC and was updated. FW update time ~2 hours (supposedly AP updates are 2 hours at SC, whereas non-AP are < 10 mins). fixes on .77 include internal temp algorithm update, for better heating, and LTE FW upgrade for better stability of radio stack.

FWIW, It took the service center about 20 minutes to load .77 onto the car.

Then once home I timed how long it took to install. The screen said to expect nearly 2 hours but actual time was 27 minutes.

A thread just for 2.7.77

The "Firmware 7.0" thread has grown so big I'd like to suggest a thread dedicated just to 2.7.77.

Specifically to the changes those running 2.7.77 have seen after upgrading from 2.7.56.

Several have mentioned changes in .77's GUI about the addition (return) of the clock and thermometer to the instrument panel.

I was expecting (hoping?) .77's AutoPilot to be less likely to have the car try to take exits off of secondary streets but I've not see that in my S85 (2.7.56 was already learning how to keep that from happening on freeways). I even tried driving back and forth several times past the same series of intersections last night but it never did seem to learn.

There's nothing you can do to speed up how soon you receive an OTA update. Some people have suggested that having the car connected to WiFi helps, but I don't believe there's really any long-term proof of that yet.

You just have to wait. :)
Point of clarification:
Tesla set the expectation that WiFi means you get an update faster. To my recollection, we don't have data confirming this ever became true.

Point of clarification:
Tesla set the expectation that WiFi means you get an update faster. To my recollection, we don't have data confirming this ever became true.

My service advisor told me that updates are pushed over WiFi before 3G when I brought up my OTA issue a couple months ago. I think he hinted that it was changed to that not long ago. That goes against what everyone on TMC has been saying in the past, that there is no evidence, so it must not be true. I don't know what to believe. There is some evidence that service doesn't always know what corporate does and will sometimes say things that turn out to be false.

So I'm a fairly new user of these forums plus new to my car, a 70D delivered in late August. I've read all about the software updates and subsequent changes (My current is V7.0 2.7.56) I did not purchase autopilot as it was only + $500 after the fact so no urgency until I saw feedback from users. I also don't see all the UI changes people are chatting about but I do see some. I didn't get a clock on the far ride of display. It maintains the electrical consumption meter. I also did not get the trips portion of the new UI for tracking various trips easier. I have however completely lost my odometer and thus far cannot find it and haven't a clue how many miles are on the vehicle. I did get the autopilot type tracking of roadway lanes and cars in front, plus the brake hill roll locking feature, individual tire pressure monitoring. Many of my apps are grayed out when I go that screen. I am just wondering whether there were progressive rollouts of features based on the software upgrade/ vehicle specs as purchased or did I somehow interrupt the download procedure? Also is there a way to direct tune the radio/XM to a channel. So I want to listen to XM channel 236 for example, how would I get there unless I know the genre (sports/politics/etc) and manually push up/down buttons to get there?

Fyi, "Hold" can still activate even with Autosteer engaged. Wish I could tell you the circumstances on how it triggered, but it's a loaner so I've only been on AP for a grand total of 2 hours.

4oPumIE.jpg

When traffic cleared, I got the prompt to press the accelerator to get going.

I found a way to trigger it 100% of the time. If you have AP engaged, and once you're stopped at a red light, you press the accelerator to creep up to the car in front of you, VERY close. HOLD will engage 100% of the time from my testing.

So I'm a fairly new user of these forums plus new to my car...I have however completely lost my odometer and thus far cannot find it and haven't a clue how many miles are on the vehicle....is there a way to direct tune the radio/XM to a channel?...
The mileage can be shown by pressing the Tesla "T" at the top center of the touch screen.

No direct XM tuning with a keypad, but with the new full screen display for media, it's easier than ever to access Favorites for each XM channel you enjoy. Scroll through the favorites list and you are not limited to the small number of presets on the XM screen. (Press the heart and turn it blue to make any station a "favorite".)

While on the subject of favorites, don't forget to create an account at TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations to save your radio stations for all your devices. So much easier when listening in your Tesla vehicle, or enjoying the content on your computer or smart phone. For easy listening, this favorite is a remarkable retro classic: Seeburg 1000 - Los Angeles, CA - Listen Online

More information about Seeburg 1000 can be found at their website: Seeburg 1000 Background Music Radio | seeburg1000.com

Last edited:
EdisonFire,
The left and right thumb wheels on the steering wheel allow selection of
various "apps" for each side of the Dashboard screen. You should be able
to see Trips, which displays Total Miles (presumably the odometer), the
Clock, etc.

Some controls are not available because you did not buy AutoPilot,
others are greyed out unless you are in Park. Congratulations.

I thought that the AP option activation was a lot more than $500.

possible nav improvements in .77 ?

I received .77 yesterday. When I went to leave work and go home, I selected Home from the nav, and for the first time in 1.5 years, the car did not direct me to the 407 toll highway. Any other time I had selected Home from my Work location, it always directed me to the 407 toll highway. This time, it selected the route I normally take even though it was busy.
Anyone else experience any improvements with Nav in version .77 ?

Quick update on the statistics... very little activity in the tracker. Could be lack of participation, could be a slow down in the roll-out.
We still see people get .77 (apparently not OTA in the US). We have a couple of outliers with .85 and 2.8.188, but neither of these two versions appears to really be rolled-out.

If you haven't updated the tracker and have received v7, please take a minute to do so. It's a quick process and really helps us get a better idea how the firmware is rolled out.

I'm also very curious if you are still on 6.2 and have NOT received an upgrade notification (this is not about people like me who have the v7 notification but refuse to install it... I'm wondering if there are people who have not yet received v7 at all)

Quick update on the statistics... very little activity in the tracker. Could be lack of participation, could be a slow down in the roll-out.

Or it could just be that the roll-out has been completed, and that the few updates to other versions in the US are, as the data and narrative seem to indicate, only taking place at service centers, and not taking place OTA.

I expect that's precisely why you asked if there were people who had not received the v7 update yet. :)

@woland the Speed Alert warning is there it is just different and not very prominent. If you have it set at say 5mph over the speed limit i what happens is the speed limit sign on the IC just gets a bit larger, that's all. Not very much of a warning or alert IMHO but it is there and works. Just watch the speed limit sign on your dash and as you approach the speed you have to and pass it the sign just gets larger. Hope that helps

It only gets larger for a small period of time, maybe 5 seconds? After that it becomes normal again.
I found the speed sign growth to be one of the least useful items, to the point where I considered (for about 10nS) turning the chimes back on. I don't know about others, but I don't check the IC at least once every 5 seconds nor do I believe this is safe; rather I want the info there when I do check - it would actually be more helpful to just have the sign larger all the time if higher than the offset amount