Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already - I have not seen the analog clock, ever. Where is it in the settings?

I would welcome even an ugly clock vs the tiny time read-outs currently seen.
Dash time is blocked by my steering wheel position, the 17" display time is blocked by my Lego Bruce Lee.

Thanks in advance.

Had a hypothesis today
Digit 1: vehicle model number. Roadster = 1; Model S = 2; Model x = ?; Model 3 = ?3?
Digit 2: Version of the OS, now on 7
Digits 3-5: OS revision build number We may know it as 7.0 but may actually be eg 7 build 106
Well, the one I just got was 2.9.12 and I don't think I'm running "version 9", I'm pretty sure it's still version 7.0 so I don't think that's it.

The versioning at Tesla is rather... odd... to say the least, how do you have version 7 without that number appearing in the version number anywhere????

Still sticking with 6.2.
Me too. My car stopped showing me the upgrade nag today. Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Had a hypothesis today
Digit 1: vehicle model number. Roadster = 1; Model S = 2; Model x = ?; Model 3 = ?3?
Digit 2: Version of the OS, now on 7
Digits 3-5: OS revision build number We may know it as 7.0 but may actually be eg 7 build 106

Well, the one I just got was 2.9.12 and I don't think I'm running "version 9", I'm pretty sure it's still version 7.0 so I don't think that's it.

The versioning at Tesla is rather... odd... to say the least, how do you have version 7 without that number appearing in the version number anywhere????
Well, the first build of Firmware 5.0 in the wild (for Model S) was 1.35.96 - so that kills all parts of that hypothesis :)
For a while it seemed that the major and minor (first two numbers) stayed the same for a version. But then that went out the window.
Briefly the displayed version had three components (5.8.4, through 5.8.10). Then that stopped.
v5.14 went all the way to build 1.66.45 - but v6.0 started at 1.65.11 - so the major version went up, but the build number actually went down
In the middle of the v6.0 run we switched from 1.67.125 to 2.0.72
Not to forget the v6.2 versions with build numbers 101.xx.xx
So yeah, I'd love to see a hypothesis other than "yeah, whatever, who cares, some number"

I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but it seems to me that those outside of the US have a different numbering system than those of us in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

This is Elon's promise of restrictions on AP.

I kid, I kid...
HAHA! I specifically told them at the SvC yesterday that there were conspiracy theories on the forum that they were going to pull AP. My DS said he expected if they did that we would arrive with pitchforks in hand!

I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but it seems to me that those outside of the US have a different numbering system than those of us in the US.
Depends on a bunch of factors. My Canadian version numbers seem to match pretty well to US ones, but Europe with some different rules and a bit of different hardware seem to end up with slightly different numbers.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already - I have not seen the analog clock, ever. Where is it in the settings?

I would welcome even an ugly clock vs the tiny time read-outs currently seen.
Dash time is blocked by my steering wheel position, the 17" display time is blocked by my Lego Bruce Lee.

Thanks in advance.
You have to hold down the scrollwheel and scroll it to find the clock, TPMS, energy meter, etc. You can do it on both sides of the wheel. There are now three clocks! In case I haven't harped on that enough; Elon, do you hear me??

There are now three clocks! In case I haven't harped on that enough; Elon, do you hear me??

I don't understand what your issue is with "three clocks."

The big one that has to take up one of the two configurable spots in the instrument cluster is just useless for anyone who wants to use more useful features in one of those two spots, so let's forget about that clock. That leaves one in the instrument cluster, which is fine for the driver. But what about a person in the passenger seat, or people in the back seat? They can't possibly see the clock in the instrument cluster, but may be able to see one on the 17" display. These clocks are small, so they are not taking up a lot of screen real estate.

I think Tesla got it right by giving us small clocks in both places.

I agree with this.

I awould love an "at-a-glance" indicator on the IC or 17" telling me which direction I was heading as well. Even with the Map up I can never figure out which direction I'm heading unless I'm familiar with how the road I'm on travels through a city.

Now if Tesla just decides to keep the clocks and add this plus a myriad of other things, we all would be happy!

I don't understand what your issue is with "three clocks."

I thought I'd added a "sarcasm sign" somewhere before. Perhaps it didn't transfer. I am fine with 3 clocks, if we had all the other things we need, like reliable trip nav, effective HVAC, a compass, etc. I was joking, but to be fair, there are others things I think they could be working on than another clock.

I agree with this.
yep, nice use of real estate to notify passengers as well. I didn't like that it went away.

Now if Tesla just decides to keep the clocks and add this plus a myriad of other things, we all would be happy!
Your unencumbered optimism made me smile... Of course, if your definition of "myriad" here is actually the same as "infinite" then I might agree ;-)

Looking for the analog clock display...

It's one of the dash app options when you tap and scroll the wheel.

The right scroll wheel? I've looked there but will check again more closely in the morning. I have a feeling it's not a choice on my non-AP enabled MS. I guess if I can't find it I'll have to shorten the chain on my rear view mirror dangler (the Lego Bruce Lee) that currently obstructs the 17" display corner clock.

thanks for responding though! At least I have a place to start the search.

Darn it... Just got SW update notification on my p85d that's a few miles away..., that is going from .217 to ??? Won't be able to tell for a few more days... Come on TM send release notes (or at least version number) with update notification... Undue suspense ;-)