Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watched the entire video. Thanks for the demonstration and the information. For those of us waiting for Model X to enjoy Autopilot, the video provided a great feel of being behind the wheel. I am impressed on how well Autopilot is working at night. The only concern for me, is to break an occasional practice of signaling before looking. With Autopilot, it appears that looking first is extremely critical. Keeping hands away from the turn indicator should help avoid unexpected results.

didn't take full time for me.

had to grab wheel seveal tines on city streets but it was great on highway.

i love the way all the telemetry is visualized.

i don,'t mind the flat look at all.

forgive typos, I am not typing this while car is driving.

It Works! 85D, vin #85110. I woke up about 4am and looked at my phone and noticed it had arrived so I went out and started the process. Funny thing is, we're staying at my wife's cabin/lake house so about 20 minutes later, the car turns on the headlights, it wakes her up. They go off, they start flashing, by then, WTF is going on, I pretended to be asleep.

Based on the video, it would appear to be much more aggressive with the nag than a lot of people would have hoped, about as bad as it could have been without actually requiring hands on the wheel 100% of the time. And yes, it does appear to be exactly that...a nag which occurs about every minute, even when there's no apparent reason for it to have lost track of lane markings. Very unfortunate since this is not at all what Tesla demonstrated or talked about any time before last night. In prior demos, they always seemed to be showing off and exaggerating the fact that they didn't have to have hands on the wheel. Hopefully it will become less frequent over time.

Based on the video, it would appear to be much more aggressive with the nag than a lot of people would have hoped, about as bad as it could have been without actually requiring hands on the wheel 100% of the time. And yes, it does appear to be exactly that...a nag which occurs about every minute, even when there's no apparent reason for it to have lost track of lane markings. Very unfortunate since this is not at all what Tesla demonstrated or talked about any time before last night. In prior demos, they always seemed to be showing off and exaggerating the fact that they didn't have to have hands on the wheel. Hopefully it will become less frequent over time.

i imagine they'll tone down on that in the coming weeks / months.

My car was parked at work all night on an LTE connection and I didn't receive the download. I connected to wifi when I got home at around 6:45am and I was notified that the software was ready to install a little after 7:30 AM, ET. Not sure if wifi had anything to do with it or if that was just a coincidence.

In any case, it's currently downloading and I can't wait to try it out as soon as it's done, even if they do appear to have included an entirely too frequent nag.

85D, delivery late July, VIN 95xxx