Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was having heating issues too. But 7.1 (2.9.172) has fixed my complaints.

Since 7.0, after 20-30 minutes on the road, feet are freezing (so, for months now). Car warms very quickly from rest, though, which is an improvement. Still the same on 2.10.56 for me, and I never did get the 2.9.172 (jumped to current from .154). Cranking the heat right up does help. I prefer the perfection in heat management that they had before 7.

I get in the car, and I have center console in something like 5 seconds... 10 tops. From memory, I'd guess a reboot is something like 30-45 seconds with a good portion of that with the Tesla "T" boot image displayed. Once that happens it's another 30 seconds before 3G comes online.

Again, that's from memory for me, so I can test specifically, but the gap is large enough that I'm pretty sure they are not about the same for me.

Oh. That's the CID. I was referring to the IC. My IC boot up time is usually more like 10-15 s.

I have a feeling that my current SW (6.2) is the final/optimal version for my pre-AP car....
+1 So far everything has still been working well for me on 6.2, although the past two days my phone has been not connecting seamlessly via Bluetooth so I have had to make a couple calls on my iphone speaker until I get a connection. OddB , have you noticed anything change in Bluetooth connectivity recently running 6.2 or is everything still running smoothly?

Today I'm driving a service loaner P85+ with 7.1 while my 85D (which has been running 7.x since it was first released) is getting its annual servicing. I'd forgotten how much I miss the big analog speedometer and power meter dials ("speed tapes" someone called them once) on the IC! :crying:

+1 So far everything has still been working well for me on 6.2, although the past two days my phone has been not connecting seamlessly via Bluetooth so I have had to make a couple calls on my iphone speaker until I get a connection. OddB , have you noticed anything change in Bluetooth connectivity recently running 6.2 or is everything still running smoothly?
My kids plays music though BT every day from their iPhones without problems. Very stable version.

I'm on 2.9.154 and 3 times so far, I've gotten in the car and thought my music seems odd/flat, only to find that my equalizer settings have been lost (though still faded 4 towards the rear). Has anyone else experienced this? It's very annoying.

Just got an update notice. I told you so (post 244) : Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S - Page 25

That's funny. The update was talked about in the firmware tracker thread. But you are right.

283d520c5cf0bfa0e3ed4db7d3714b24.jpg

Got the v7.1 (2.12.22) update, the only update for this release is the Creep setting is now saved to Driver Profiles. Ouch, Tesla is really abandoning the classic model s.

Maybe some day Tesla will improve the multimedia/mp3 user experience. You know, bring it up to say the level of any car on the market in say 2010.... iPod integration, artist/song/genre/album browsing, etc. What a concept. It blows me away that Tesla's cars are so incredibly weak in this department.

So the UI devs must really like the skeumorphic toy car as they are showing no indications of replacing it. Interesting choice, given an otherwise flat design.

Because it's the right design as we transition to autonomy. Knowing what the car "sees" is an important step toward building trust in the system. The more consistently the dash mirrors the real world, the better. Think visuals of stop signs, traffic lights, pot holes, pedestrians, and forks in the road. It's much more important than Wh/m or an analog speedometer.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why some people prefer the traditional view, but I see this as the future. It has personally helped me trust and understand Autopilot a lot quicker.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it's not skeumorphic. Replicating the old speedometers was actually more skeumorphic. Having a digital display of the vehicle and road in 3D isn't replicating an older, analog version of the display. That's skeumorphic.