Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To get back onto topic. My cars at the service center got the Tuesday update right before I dropped it off and today I received a notification of another update. I don't have the car so have no idea what was updated but did anyone else receive two updates this week? And yes I've done all previous updates.

The Service Center will often stage updates that haven't been sent over-the-air yet, and your other update was a regular over-the-air update. So anyone having a service appointment near a regular update might see two in one week.

The amusing thing to me was that the Service Center notes said I was running "deprecated firmware" even though it had been updated only 3 week prior.

I'm guessing (but haven't checked) that many of the low-count firmware versions seen on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App are from Service Center updates. They seem to have the latest bits.

Reactions: Erandhawa
I have not been around the forums as much as usual the past few weeks, so it is possible the following has been mentioned / discussed, but I did get caught up on this thread, and I am reasonably certain it has not been mentioned here, where it belongs, so...

Driving today, on version 7.1.2.18.77, with range mode on, I changed my temperature from 64 to "lo" and the fan speed kicked all the way up to 11. In the past, with range mode on, the fan speed would have been limited to 8.

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but this was new (and welcomed) behavior for me.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
Driving today, on version 7.1.2.18.77, with range mode on, I changed my temperature from 64 to "lo" and the fan speed kicked all the way up to 11. In the past, with range mode on, the fan speed would have been limited to 8.

Generally speaking, it smart for Tesla to assume that LO and HI mean "max" and do indeed provide "max". Some will probably complain about it, but they easily can choose LO or HI and select a fan speed of 8 if they so desire.

Generally speaking, it smart for Tesla to assume that LO and HI mean "max" and do indeed provide "max". Some will probably complain about it, but they easily can choose LO or HI and select a fan speed of 8 if they so desire.

Yes, I completely support this change. I just didn't know if it had been reported previously or not, so wanted to make sure to make others aware of it,

I have not been around the forums as much as usual the past few weeks, so it is possible the following has been mentioned / discussed, but I did get caught up on this thread, and I am reasonably certain it has not been mentioned here, where it belongs, so...

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but this was new (and welcomed) behavior for me.

Hey Andy, nice catch I will give it a try. I do recall it only going up to 8 but going to 11 is really fine with me when you wand HI or LO heating or cooling. I think Tesla should maintain that change.

Reactions: Andyw2100
Name for 2.18.91: Alarm buster (random car alarm goes off when opening doors, SeC is aware and working on a fix)

Interesting to see your post. Since my last update, I'm getting a lot more of those triple quick beep beep beep alarms for no reasons. When I hope the door get them at times, sometimes just in the middle of driving I get them and there are no visuals, etc. It is usually the alarm you here when something isn't available and/or there is an error.

I did just get a prompt for a software update here on the west coast. Will install it tomorrow when I get to work and see what it brings unless it's the version folks are talking about already above

*edit, the last version I got about a week ago was the one that affected summon so people can't crash their cars into stuff so the one I'm being prompted for now is above that one.

Reactions: JenniferQ
I just got one, as well. Don't want Alarm Buster. Sure would be nice if we knew the version before deciding to update. Sigh.

My TPMS went off and after 30 mins at a quick stop tire shop, they found no apparent tire issue. Anyone else? Note: this was pre-whatever this-latest-update-is.