Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought you all might get a kick out of this. I just had my 2 month old MS in for cosmetic service including a small rattle on the passenger side, front door speaker. The report back listed this solution "Installed foam tape to speaker grill and lowered bass from 10 to 8 to prevent speaker issues".

It's not rattling anymore so that's good... just don't use the features of the car :)

Tried the geofencing trick for the first time since I was also on 2.28.19. Spent 5 minutes waiting in the parking lot of the Tysons Corner (Tyco Rd.) Virginia service center. By the time I drove home I was notified of a software update available.

Installed 2.32.100. The UHFS stereo system has definitely improved -- tried many of my 3000 FLAC music files (made from uncompressed CD tracks) on a USB memory stick and noticed 2 things: bass is improved (no more bass boost needed in the equalizer), and the sound stage is wider and more enveloping with Dolby Surround on. It still doesn't sound quite as good as the stereo of other cars I've owned, but it's now more than acceptable.

The update also seems to have fixed the loss of 3G cellular signal with 2.28.19 that required me to reboot the center display in order to get any signal after switching to cellular from WiFi. Hopefully it's back to normal operation.

So far I haven't noticed any change to AutoPilot.

Last edited:
Tried the geofencing trick for the first time since I was also on 2.28.19. Spent 5 minutes waiting in the parking lot of the Tysons Corner (Tyco Rd.) Virginia service center. By the time I drove home I was notified of a software update available.

Installed 2.32.100. The UHFS stereo system has definitely improved -- tried many of my 3000 FLAC music files (made from uncompressed CD tracks) on a USB memory stick and noticed 2 things: bass is improved (no more bass boost needed in the equalizer), and the sound stage is wider and more enveloping with Dolby Surround on. It still doesn't sound quite as good as the stereo of other cars I've owned, but it's now more than acceptable.

The update also seems to have fixed the loss of 3G cellular signal with 2.28.19 that required me to reboot the center display in order to get any signal after switching to cellular from WiFi. Hopefully it's back to normal operation.

So far I haven't noticed any change to AutoPilot.

I still like stereo better as well, sounds so much more natural.

As far as I can tell you only need to enter the geofence, you do not need to wait around. As soon as you enter, the car immediately reports it and if your VIN is due, then the patch starts downloading usually within a minute or so. One the patch is downloaded and verified, you get the alarm clock. So ideally you just enter and then immediately go where there is either good cell signal or a WiFi connection. There is no need to sit there.

As far as I can tell you only need to enter the geofence, you do not need to wait around. As soon as you enter, the car immediately reports it and if your VIN is due, then the patch starts downloading usually within a minute or so. One the patch is downloaded and verified, you get the alarm clock. So ideally you just enter and then immediately go where there is either good cell signal or a WiFi connection. There is no need to sit there.
I always take your advice, but in this case, if true, then there remains a very mysterious reason as I reported upthread as to why I did not receive an update with both of my 3-5 min drive-thru's of two different geo-fenced locations on separate days several days ago (that have reported automatic update notifications from other owners here). I'm still on .19, opposed to another S90D exactly like mine here in SoCal built a couple weeks earlier that has just another 1K miles and does not have dual-chargers that I do. IMHO the BIG difference between our experiences is he has stopped and turned his MS off briefly, which has gotten him an update soon thereafter each time. If my SvC and Store were not more than an hour away, I need to try the "turn it off and sit inside the geofence for 5 minutes" approach to at least rule that out ... and increase my supposition of being on a naughty list!

Interesting. I've always made sure that I was able to connect to the service center's wifi. Each time I've done that, knowing that there was an update, I got the update. One time I was not able to connect and did not receive it. Not a lot of sample points to say connection is required.

Odd... we have 73 reports for 2.32.100 - and two for 2.34.100. Normally I'd say "hu, typo". But two in a row? And one from @andrewket who has submitted more than 30 of these entries...
Other than that, 2.28.19 still seems to be the last full rollout.

Tesla log shows a 2.34.100 as well, and I thought that was programmatically read out of the car.

FWIW I stopped by Sunnyvale today.... no update offered from 2.32.65. If history is anything to go by, it won't be until Monday or Tuesday that I get offered another one.

Odd... we have 73 reports for 2.32.100 - and two for 2.34.100. Normally I'd say "hu, typo". But two in a row? And one from @andrewket who has submitted more than 30 of these entries...

Funny, I saw this too so I double checked. It's correct. I got it when I stopped by the SC today for 5 min and my car joined the wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 100
An interesting new side effect of receiving the software. The GPS seems to have reset and temporarily lost its fix. Normally not a big deal. Unfortunately I use scheduled charging on a TOU plan and always plug my S in when I get home. Since scheduled charging is based on location, and it didn't know it was home, charging started immediately and I didn't notice. That's going to be annoying when the bill arrives.

I have the other 2.34.100 update. I reread it in VT repeatedly before reporting it as a new version on the tracker because it does look like a typo.

In my case, I contacted HQ for the third time to push an update and fix an issue where my car hadn't been receiving automatic OTA updates since January 2015. Apparently it was caused by my car not being marked as delivered in their system. Weird. I don't know why they didn't spot that the other two times.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Funny, I saw this too so I double checked. It's correct. I got it when I stopped by the SC today for 5 min and my car joined the wifi.
So I stopped by Rocklin yesterday and charged. 3/4 of the way through I decided to check through my app it's progress. I tried multiple times but was not able to connect to my car. At first I thought it was the newer version of the app as I hadn't used it since the update a few days ago. I get in my car and see that it automatically connected to "Tesla Service" AP. The signal was very weak and I was going to take a picture of it and it is no longer connected. I asked one of the Tesla employees if there has been issues connecting with the app and he mentioned the solar panels affect the signal and that if I turn off the WiFi I should be able to connect. I try again since it wasn't connected to the WiFi any longer and showing LTE and I'm able to connect to my car through the app again.

I don't know if people are reporting they need to connect to Tesla Service or Tesla Guest. Tesla Guest requires a password which I overheard when another customer asked what that password was. It was a real simple password so it doesn't appear security is a concern with that AP.

Anyway, I have yet to get receive an update the 3x I've tried there. According to @Ingineer, it doesn't require any WiFi connection. And if it does, the signal strength there is very weak. I did manage to take a picture when it finally was able to automatically connect to Tesla Service which I believe left me unable to connect through the app.

IMG_20160826_113324.jpg

Well, now that I'm on 2.32.100 and reading all the reports of improved sound, I tried Dolby Surround again for the first time since I got the car. My memory for over 1.5 years ago was that it really sucked, so compared to that it sounded okay. But it did reduce the bass levels considerably, so I think I'll keep it off for now.

On an unrelated note, I saw a warning in the IC yesterday that I had never seen before. A car ran a stop sign as I was about to drive through the intersection, so even though it was driving perpendicular to me, my car seems to have recognized it as an "obstacle":

image.jpeg

Well, now that I'm on 2.32.100 and reading all the reports of improved sound, I tried Dolby Surround again for the first time since I got the car. My memory for over 1.5 years ago was that it really sucked, so compared to that it sounded okay. But it did reduce the bass levels considerably, so I think I'll keep it off for now.

On an unrelated note, I saw a warning in the IC yesterday that I had never seen before. A car ran a stop sign as I was about to drive through the intersection, so even though it was driving perpendicular to me, my car seems to have recognized it as an "obstacle":

View attachment 191829

Awesome! Haven't seen that before.

View attachment 191829
Wow, that's the first time I've seen that. Bet it's new.

Tg

View attachment 191829
That's really interesting! Good post.