Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, very early preliminary info on this, but after a 1 hour commute on my freshly installed 2.20.30:

1. One location where I always used to receive a nag (a moderate curve on a surface street) did not nag me this morning.
2. Normally, my 10 minute stretch along the highway gives me 1 nag. This morning I didn't get any.

Completely anecdotal and not enough info yet, but at least my first impression is that nagging *may* be slightly less common in this update. Anyone else have any anecdotal info?

• Informative
Reactions: MarkS22 and bhzmark
cold weather only limits your regen at the start of your drive, once you've burned some miles off and the pack heats up a bit the regen limits will go away.
Well, yes, but for those of us in colder climates, "some miles" can work out to be 20 minutes on the highway, or longer. Last winter I rarely had full regen available (the majority of my drives are short).

You're writing from San Diego, so presumably you have a North American car. Just how do you think you'd be negatively impacted by something "breaking" the alarm your car doesn't have? :)

(The alarms systems are not installed on our North American cars.)

I think if you lock the car with the windows down and open the door using the inside handle, you'll find there is an alarm.

I think if you lock the car with the windows down and open the door using the inside handle, you'll find there is an alarm.
I also had an alarm experience - (was actually my son). Drove to the local Starbucks, son stayed in the car after I exited with the fob. After a few minutes he got out and had an alarm go off. When I came back to the car it wasn't going off anymore, so, I'm not quite sure how it manifested. This was months ago

• Informative
Reactions: JenniferQ
You're writing from San Diego, so presumably you have a North American car. Just how do you think you'd be negatively impacted by something "breaking" the alarm your car doesn't have? :)

(The alarms systems are not installed on our North American cars.)
Not sure what "alarm systems" you are talking about, but the car certainly has an alarm. My daughter (15) set it off once when I left her and she tried to open the door because it got too hot. She heard the alarm and the App alerted me that the alarm had been activated. And why wouldn't a car in NA have an alarm? Even budget cars have alarms these days.

Reactions: newtman
OK, very early preliminary info on this, but after a 1 hour commute on my freshly installed 2.20.30:

1. One location where I always used to receive a nag (a moderate curve on a surface street) did not nag me this morning.
2. Normally, my 10 minute stretch along the highway gives me 1 nag. This morning I didn't get any.

Completely anecdotal and not enough info yet, but at least my first impression is that nagging *may* be slightly less common in this update. Anyone else have any anecdotal info?
Agree. Anecdotal info only, as well, but on my weekly commute on the same road for about 80 miles r/t I received many fewer nags than I usually do. Maybe got only 2? Normally, I touch the wheel at certain points when there's a curve in the highway to avoid the nag, but didn't do that today to test and was pleasantly surprised at no nag. Even better, at the end of the commute some 'BLACK MEN for BERNIE' were rallying and tossed stickers into the Tesla which they were happy to see!

2.20.30: same amount of nag, at first it did the bouncing left and right in the lane then it straightened out and drove normal. Seems to drive exactly like previous firmwares, maybe a tad bit more accurate/precise with braking in stop and go.

I really wish them would improve the speed of the controls button. When I press it sometimes there's a delay, that screen should pop up instantly.

Beyond that, amazing car, amazing software updates. Thank you Elon.

Not sure what "alarm systems" you are talking about, but the car certainly has an alarm. My daughter (15) set it off once when I left her and she tried to open the door because it got too hot. She heard the alarm and the App alerted me that the alarm had been activated. And why wouldn't a car in NA have an alarm? Even budget cars have alarms these days.
There's a sensor that detects movement inside the car or disturbance of the car; you can turn it off: Settings - Security - Tilt/Intrusion - Off. Good for dogs and children. It resets itself when you re-start the car.