Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added the entry. Whenever Tesla pushes an update, I attempt to install ASAP.

Thanks for doing that. Many owners install updates right away. We use the tracker to get a better understanding of the roll-out patterns for the different builds. Some are rolled out just to specific types of cars (only AWD models, for example), while others are broadly rolled out. I tend to post somewhat regular summaries to the Firmware thread in the Model S forum based on the data in the tracker...

Specifically it appears to fix an issue with dual charger Model S no longer being able to charge at all Ampere settings. And it appears that it fixes some sensor issues with the Falcon Wing Doors on the Model X (see post #43 from Mark Z above)
Sorry, one good door close seemed right at the time, but sad to say the update did NOT fix the FWD closing about 80% and requiring a button press to continue. It only happens on one side.

Thanks @Uncgolf for posting. Great video of the single button press.

I will add the comment that if a person is sitting in the rear third row, the second row seat will not move back fully, allowing more (although inadequate) leg room. When unoccupied, the seat does move back fully in my six seat version.

A single quick press of the forward button is all that is needed to exit the third row, but I am finding that a preset tilt position of the seat can occasionally cause the seat to stop short or not angle forward when fully forward. The majority of the time it works fine.

One more thing... If any pressure is applied to the second row seat moving forward, it will stop moving.

Last edited:
Sorry, one good door close seemed right at the time, but sad to say the update did NOT fix the FWD closing about 80% and requiring a button press to continue. It only happens on one side.

Mark Z, i have the same falcon door issue with my X, and only on one side and only on closing. If it's helpful, I had mine checked out last week and it seems there's an issue with the capacitance strip lining the inside of that specific door (hence the faulty detection only on closing). They've ordered a new strip for me and will make the replacement when it arrives (1-2 weeks). I was hoping this was just a software issue (with an over-the-air fix), but alas it's not.

Mark Z, i have the same falcon door issue with my X, and only on one side and only on closing. If it's helpful, I had mine checked out last week and it seems there's an issue with the capacitance strip lining the inside of that specific door (hence the faulty detection only on closing). They've ordered a new strip for me and will make the replacement when it arrives (1-2 weeks). I was hoping this was just a software issue (with an over-the-air fix), but alas it's not.
Thank you for posting. A great first post! Welcome to the forum!

Your description fits perfectly. I wondered about the seal around the Falcon Wing door. I will call this in to the SC. They have a few more items on order for installation in the future.

Everything worked great until the last car wash. I use a power washer with spotless DI water. It's more likely that some of the early parts need replacement. Reminds me of the Model X Signature.

The best part is how well the vehicle works. Even with a door that needs a second button push, it's engineered to operate after the fault is noted.

Mark Z reported 2.13.120 - a rare case of a first report on a Model X :)

Mark, you get to name this release if you care. Does it fix the issue with the doors for you?
Thanks for the opportunity. I'd only want to name the release with a description that explains the contents.

It did not help the knee room in the third row. Manually stopping the second row reverse movement at the moment of latch click helps solve that discomfort.

Won't know about the FWD partial close for awhile. It is most likely an occasional fault in a door seal sensor. The easy workaround until the next SC visit is to press the door button one more time.

Also installed this update 2.13.120 this morning. For some reason, I have been getting intermittent outages of the lefthandside "skip" and "rewind" buttons on the steering wheel. After the last update, the buttons no longer worked (in addition to loss of mute on pressing the scroll), now they're back (and yes I did try resets to no avail). Other than this, I see no difference in the vehicle with this update. I'd be curious if any others notice anything else...
Thx
A