Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please confirm if the driver doors will unlock and pop open on Non PUP Xs or not ? I am still to figure if the manual and the release notes are specific and tailored to X variants or not..

View attachment 182255

Oh yes!! When I had the Model S from Tesla for 24 hrs test drive, and my garage was not "X friendly" I almost died when the liftgate shot up almost hitting the open garage door. Since then I have actually had occasional nightmares of the X liftgate being damaged in a similar manner.. the X is not even home yet.. so this is AWESOME!
I'm on (2.24.78) as of Thursday, and a non-PUP owner. Driver door does not pop open with FOB.
Another software update happens tonight already, we'll see.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssq
Oooo....and the spoiler now closes when the trunk opens! First time it happened it pinched my finger.

Attachments

• IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 65
I got the .86 firmware release last night. It is not working as advertised. When I open the trunk - it opens to limited height. I am outside and the nearest obstacle is a tree branch about 10 feet up - so not sure what that is about. The Controls / Doors shows the trunk as yellow - but I don't see the advertised button to raise to full height. The spoiler does retract as the door opens though. I guess I'll have to wait until the next rev.

I got the .86 firmware release last night. It is not working as advertised. When I open the trunk - it opens to limited height. I am outside and the nearest obstacle is a tree branch about 10 feet up - so not sure what that is about. The Controls / Doors shows the trunk as yellow - but I don't see the advertised button to raise to full height. The spoiler does retract as the door opens though. I guess I'll have to wait until the next rev.

Did you have a manual pre-set height? I think the trunk always shows yellow.

No pre-set height. I opened it all the way and did the pre-set at full open and tried again. Still no luck getting it to go all the way up and no button on the control panel to force it up.
I have the same problem. I have not found a way since the update to get my trunk to go all the way up automatically. I have to maneuver it by hand. That's not a huge problem, but when I have groceries now I have to duck under the door to load them.

No pre-set height. I opened it all the way and did the pre-set at full open and tried again. Still no luck getting it to go all the way up and no button on the control panel to force it up.
Mine seems to work better than what it did at .66. I really like the spoiler coming down when I open it. Gave me back about 4" at least. Before .86 it seemed to go all the way up and kiss the garage door and then come back 4". Now it still leaves about 3" of space but with the retracted spoiler I have plenty of room and don't bump my head.

What I am curious about is can you set it for inside the garage and also outside the garage. Being only about 20 feet difference that would seem to be too tight for GPS tolerances.

I have the same problem. I have not found a way since the update to get my trunk to go all the way up automatically. I have to maneuver it by hand. That's not a huge problem, but when I have groceries now I have to duck under the door to load them.
What firmware version do you have? The real lift gate height was working fine for me, but this particular problem was introduced with one of the recent updates.

I don't like the new update, the doors don't fully open on my driveway. Why is that?? Does it think it is in the garage?
Yes. This usually happens when you are in the garage and it detected the ceiling, and then you exit the garage. In this case, it will still remember the garage location. When approaching your garage from an outside trip and you park in your driveway, it should let you open the doors fully. This feature seems annoying to me, but that’s how it worked for me. Luckily for me, my garage ceiling is high and I have pressed the “Always Open Fully” button and don’t get this behavior any more.

Sorry. But first people don't like that it can hit garage. So TM does what it can with in place sensor (yes, they should have always had one for trunk, but whatever), and now people don't like it.

Remember, for the trunk, the height is limited based on the sensor on top middle of car. So, for me, that part is under my garage door opener and, therefore, lower than every other part of garage. As such, my trunk opens lower than it did before two updates ago (when trunk auto height was included in a stealthy manner). Whatever. They're trying and it will continue to get better. They can only work with the sensors they have.