Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the sensitivity of the fwd sensors be set for different thresholds for opening and closing? If so, a modification to the door closing sensitivity would help prevent an obstacle detected interruption of a closing door. Since the sensor is facing up, you really only need it to be able to detect a person's hand who is trying to stop its motion (one of the methods of interrupting a fwd in motion). Turn sensitivity back up once it is closed.

Yep I just installed it. 2.32.100

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 114
If the sensors detect an obstacle the fwd will now stop first and then open slightly. I wish I knew which sensor is detecting the obstacle, is it the pinch wire in the seal or resistance in the closing mechanism.
As an update for my situation, my right FWD (that the service had previously preemptively worked on when the left one was exhibiting the issue) stopped twice when closing today :(. Hopefully the update helps when I get it. Otherwise I already have an SC appointment for a stubborn passenger door that didn't get fixed properly last time.

So this update disabled the fwd sensors on the inside top of doors. Some guy posted the cucumber being amputated by the door. If software avoids misfires of opening/closing then I'm ok getting a few fingers lopped off by misplacing them in door path!

So this update disabled the fwd sensors on the inside top of doors. Some guy posted the cucumber being amputated by the door. If software avoids misfires of opening/closing then I'm ok getting a few fingers lopped off by misplacing them in door path!
He has since uploaded a new video replacing the cucumber with his arm. Spoiler-alert: he doesn't lose his arm.

He also mentions someone on facebook uploaded a similar video, with their fingers in the way and the doors didn't amputate the fingers either.

If you check the comments, I posted a big comment on the invalidity and absurd nature of that cucumber test. The latter videos corroborate my earlier post.

Reactions: FarmerDave