Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a firmware update notice tonight on my phone so went out to the car and tapped Install Now.

My office is right next to garage so I can hear the car clickin' and a-clackin' and a-poppin' every few seconds. And just now my car's ridiculously loud brake vacuum pump started BUZZING LOUDLY out in the garage on its own. The car just pressed the brake pedal, or what?

UPDATE: it just finished. It's the 2.42.40 release. Why must Tesla show me the old 8.0 release notes? This is post 8.0. This is old information, yawn. Wish Tesla showed more attention to detail when it came to release notes.

Last edited:
Wish Tesla showed more attention to detail when it came to release notes.
Totally agree. Even if it's like some other software vendors and just says "minor bug fixes and security updates."

Also, it should be available before agreeing to installation, as we've all mentioned many times before.

Another one down, but several more fixes to go . . . Glad the Tesla team addressed the USB song interface (clearly a larger majority pushed for this and Tesla prioritized accordingly), but phone and podcast interfaces still need work. After downloading 2.42.40 two days ago, I confirmed the following bugs still exist: 1. First phone call after starting car consistently disconnects upon attempting to adjust volume with left scroll wheel; 2. Podcasts do not retain their last paused position after exiting car; 3. Still getting "Loading Error" for Podcasts about half the time. Anyone else still see these issues?
I can confirm the same issues as you have noted. The only thing I might say is that the first phone call loses the bluetooth connection shortly after starting any conversation. The call is still there, just not the bluetooth connection. I have not confirmed 100% that adjusting the volume makes it fail. This information was quite helpful and I will try to double confirm. One note, almost every call I make I am tweeting the volume to a comfortable level on every call. So, the volume adjustment is probably what is happening to me as you described.

Mark

This is what the real classic speedo looks. None of that useless toy car graphic.

Attachments

• Tesla Dash 11-1-16.jpg
    Tesla Dash 11-1-16.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 78
This is what the real classic speedo looks. None of that useless toy car graphic.

I long to get that back. Tesla really screwed up the speedo display since version 7, in my opinion. Before you could find all of the most important information immediately and clearly, now you get to stare at an emojicar that tells you when the headlights are on. Whoopdeedoo.

I think 95% of the gripes over 7.1 and 8.0 (compared to 6.x) could easily be fixed by Tesla just giving us choices. Let *us* decide which new options or design changes to enable ("toy car", etc). Stop forcing things down our throats that we can't change. If we like the interface from 6.x or 7, let us select that (to a point). Make the display layouts 'themes' and not hard-coded (I know that's a big ask and not easy). If we don't want the hiding icons or 'map always on top' just let us toggle those on/off.

I'm all for advancement of the interface, even in ways that seem braindead to me. But for the love of god, let **ME** decide if I want them enabled.

I wish Tesla would just let us drag-and-drop interface elements into the speedo based on our personal preferences. Let us do this on the 17" screen, show us an empty speedo (except for things that need to be in certain spots per regulations) along with elements above or below that we can drag into it? The speedo will update live so we can see our changes before we hit "Accept".

I also wish Tesla would give us a translucent "launch bar" that appears when we touch the screen, where we can put our most often used functions reduced to a single button press. To get my HVAC to deliver fresh air without heating or cooling, I have to turn off the AC and then dial the temperature down to LO, in addition to also setting a fixed fan speed otherwise it will blow like crazy. Let me condense these three steps into a single "macro" that I can assign to a button living on this translucent launch bar. That's just one example.

I wish Tesla would just let us drag-and-drop interface elements into the speedo based on our personal preferences. Let us do this on the 17" screen, show us an empty speedo (except for things that need to be in certain spots per regulations) along with elements above or below that we can drag into it? The speedo will update live so we can see our changes before we hit "Accept".

I also wish Tesla would give us a translucent "launch bar" that appears when we touch the screen, where we can put our most often used functions reduced to a single button press. To get my HVAC to deliver fresh air without heating or cooling, I have to turn off the AC and then dial the temperature down to LO, in addition to also setting a fixed fan speed otherwise it will blow like crazy. Let me condense these three steps into a single "macro" that I can assign to a button living on this translucent launch bar. That's just one example.
Those sound like nice features for the "Things that aren't Autopilot" low priority list. :(