Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To organize Tunein favourites, create a free Tunein account on your PC and organize your favourites there. Then login to that account in your Tesla and Voila!

I tried that but I can't log into the Tunein account from the car. It says unable to log in or something. I can log into it from my computer so I know the credentials are correct, there is just some problem only on the car. So I'd still like some UI in the car to reorder the favorites.

8.0 still has not fixed the offset-GPS bug while reversing that plagues all older non-AP cars!
It has now been broken for 8 months.
Try it yourself... put the GPS on top panel and camera on the bottom panel. Zoom in the map on the car position as much as possible. Drive a bit in reverse and see that the car position is moving in the wrong direction.

P.S. you will not see this issue if engineering had previously disabled your gyroscope, but that "fix" is not without its own issues

• Informative
Reactions: Kalud
Try it yourself... put the GPS on top panel and camera on the bottom panel. Zoom in the map on the car position as much as possible. Drive a bit in reverse and see that the car position is moving in the wrong direction.
But that's one of those bugs that only bother anal retentive people. It doesn't affect GPS or driving in any way for the 10 or so feet you're backing up.

Reactions: EVCarGUy
But that's one of those bugs that only bother anal retentive people. It doesn't affect GPS or driving in any way for the 10 or so feet you're backing up.

Well it is a little surprising when you run the app and it looks like your car has been driven into the neighbor's pool or a building because you (or your spouses) backed in and the location shown acts as if you drove forward into something.

Looks like we have a new version of 8.0 reported by TeslaFi: 2.44.121
Anyone on here received it yet? If so, are there any new release notes?
I just got a notification that it was just installed on my classic 60, while at the service center. Unfortunately, no way to check release notes to see if anything changed, but based on the time lag between the "available" and "completed" notifications (~10 minutes) it must not be a signficant release.

Hopefully I'll get the car back today, they've had it for over a week now. Initially they replaced the main pack contactors; but following that, ended up replacing the DU as well.

It actually tricks the GPS-aware stuff like charging current and most notably the Homelink auto open/close as depending if you reverse or forward into your garage one one the two won't work as the car will think you are too far away.

Reactions: zdre and MP3Mike
I'm finding with 2.42.40 that there are still some scenarios that force the Media player to rescan a USB drive. (Takes 7 minutes for me so I can't listen to my tunes during that time).

Seems like if the car's been sleeping for awhile, it doesn't scan. But if I stop for about 8 minutes somewhere and the car hasn't yet gone to sleep, then when I get in to drive again it has to rescan. But not always...

I'm finding with 2.42.40 that there are still some scenarios that force the Media player to rescan a USB drive. (Takes 7 minutes for me so I can't listen to my tunes during that time).

Seems like if the car's been sleeping for awhile, it doesn't scan. But if I stop for about 8 minutes somewhere and the car hasn't yet gone to sleep, then when I get in to drive again it has to rescan. But not always...
Unfortunately yes. It seems a little better to me than it was, but still has its issues. Just be happy you don't have a really big library. ;). Has been discussed over in the Comprehensive USB Bug List forum, and a post I just made over there may offer some advice how to reduce scan times with what you do have.