Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink has always been terribly unreliable from the beginning. It opens my garage door 1 out of every 3 to 5 attempts. Closing usually works one out of two times, maybe three. Either the transmitter in the car is not very powerful or my 10 year old opener needs a refresh!

Homelink has always been terribly unreliable from the beginning. It opens my garage door 1 out of every 3 to 5 attempts. Closing usually works one out of two times, maybe three. Either the transmitter in the car is not very powerful or my 10 year old opener needs a refresh!

It is not your door opener, my Model S will open my gate and garage door when coming home. It will open the gate when I leave but not shut the garage door. My Model X is very unreliable works for either the gate or garage door and sometimes neither.

Yes this exactly, thought I was going crazy, glad it is a bug others are reporting as well.

Dang it people, chalk me up as another victim of autocorrect. I knew something was up when I saw that many people quoted my post, since it wasn't particularly insightful.:D

I do wonder though, whether they adjusted the transmit power/range of homeLINK... it used to work 100% of the time, but has been iffy lately - I also have to do a firm/long press sometimes, when a simple tap used to do.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximapolak

I never have an issue with Homelink. Works perfectly for me, 100% of the time.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Homelink generally works great for me, but I still hate the ding. I just loathe being dinged at in general.

I only use homelink for auto open since I think auto close is just asking for bad things to happen. I know it's supposed to be keep track, but I don't trust it.

Even with auto-open only it still attempted to close on the car one time. I had just reset the center console (the touch screen stopped working), and when I went into the garage it triggered the auto-open. I heard the ding and then saw the garage door opener flashing to tell me something was in the way (my car was).

It's one of those features that's simply ahead of it's time. It needs more awareness of it's surroundings to work perfectly.

I have to say, the strict adherence to the speed limit for auto-steer on non-divided roads is pretty annoying. I thought the +5 MPH limit was bad (I would prefer a +10 limit, personally), but strict adherence makes it pretty much useless unless I'm stuck in traffic.

First world problems and all... and I understand why they did it, but still.

Reactions: u00mem9
Homelink works fine for me and the ding now has me trained to not bother with checking my mirrors to see if the door is closing. Sometimes if I back out and make an exaggerated J curve to face down the driveway, moving away and then towards the garage again, the car cancels auto-close, so I've learned to stick to a 90 degree leg before switching gears.