Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People sometimes type in the data? Well, that explains the issue. But, I thought they used the 'upload from car' button. How quaint

Most of the data on EV-FW is user supplied (entered). Since I don't get advanced notice of firmware versions, the first person who gets a new update has to manually enter the firmware version. They don't always get it right. But once the first person enters it, it is then included in the pulldown list, so from that point on, people just select their FW version from the pulldown.

A number of people who have added an Tesla API token to EV-FW.com have the firmware updated on EV-FW automatically once an update takes place. In that case, if a "token" car is the first one to update EV-FW, then the correct FW version is added.

Reactions: boaterva
Most of the data on EV-FW is user supplied (entered). Since I don't get advanced notice of firmware versions, the first person who gets a new update has to manually enter the firmware version. They don't always get it right. But once the first person enters it, it is then included in the pulldown list, so from that point on, people just select their FW version from the pulldown.

A number of people who have added an Tesla API token to EV-FW.com have the firmware updated on EV-FW automatically once an update takes place. In that case, if a "token" car is the first one to update EV-FW, then the correct FW version is added.
Thanks for the details... I can see this was definitely easier in the days of no hashes and no varying length release numbers (new week, so no third numbers.... man....).

Maybe there is someone in Fremont whose sole job is to toy with us. Every time we get a hang for things, they make some change and laugh as they read us go bonkers trying to make sense of it.
You almost believe it... especially when there was no point in overlaying these patches on top of the 'normal' release numbers and having *that* be the one we see. :mad:

Maybe there is someone in Fremont whose sole job is to toy with us. Every time we get a hang for things, they make some change and laugh as they read us go bonkers trying to make sense of it.

I do think there's some truth to this. Maybe they're hiding some secret code or Easter Egg in the hash tags.

[ Just read Ready Player One... ;) ]

And, perhaps 17.32.17 has been approved for takeoff.... :D

upload_2017-8-29_15-15-36.png

Why do you call this an improvement? What was wrong with the previous implementation?

Because accidentally brushing the brake pedal doesn't silently disable hill hold, nor does it make you free-fall into the car behind you if you were trying to parallel park on a steep hill. Of course if you're used to using the old behavior to sneak downhill a little, you may be annoyed and need adjustment time. So I wouldn't call it a 100% win, but the new behavior on the whole is better than the old behavior, which is quite different from 99% of the other changes I've experienced. The only other positive I can really remember over about 2 years is improved regen, but that was also a mixed bag with a sharp regen taper from 10mph to 5mph.

Reactions: ccharleb
Why do you call this an improvement? What was wrong with the previous implementation?
If you are on a steep hill with hill hold on, if you hit the brake to release the hill hold you roll backwards before you can press the accelerator. I have always pressed the accelerator to release hill hold, so Tesla removing pressing the brake was an improvement or what most owners were doing anyway.

Trying to see if others have noticed this too:

Since 17.32.6ca28227 my Model X no longer keeps popping the driver's door open when walking near the car. It does it once, and then figures out I haven't gotten in, so it keeps the door closed at least for a few minutes. The mirrors still unfold and retract every time. I can reproduce this consistently when getting the mail. It used to open the door on the way out to the mailbox and back. Now it only does it on the way out ...

Since 17.32.6ca28227 my Model X no longer keeps popping the driver's door open when walking near the car. It does it once, and then figures out I haven't gotten in, so it keeps the door closed at least for a few minutes. The mirrors still unfold and retract every time. I can reproduce this consistently when getting the mail. It used to open the door on the way out to the mailbox and back. Now it only does it on the way out ...
You might get more confirmation if you posted this observation over in a MX-specific thread instead of this one that is focused on MS. There are lots of similaraties between the two, but our MS doors and handles don't work the same way. ;)

My X had that behavior on 17.28.17 ( I think that is correct)
Yes it does behave like that now, but I think it was introduced a little earlier