Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.1 is installing on our S 100D now.

Hoping this will fix the XM "station list" bug that prevents the station list from loading in cars manufactured with 8.0.

Without the station list, because they removed the XM station slider in 8.0, XM is pretty unusable...

Unfortunately, thus far summon on hw2 is not working as well for me as hw1. On hw1, my cars will open the garage and back out onto the driveway. Driving into the garage has never worked consistently, as I have a small lip between the driveway and the garage floor that requires just a bit more torque to climb over than the software will allow. On hw2, the car begins to back out, the garage opens, and the car just sits there. I've tried with the fob and the app, and continuous key press on and off without success.

Summon worked fine for me with the new update.

Unfortunately, thus far summon on hw2 is not working as well for me as hw1. On hw1, my cars will open the garage and back out onto the driveway. Driving into the garage has never worked consistently, as I have a small lip between the driveway and the garage floor that requires just a bit more torque to climb over than the software will allow. On hw2, the car begins to back out, the garage opens, and the car just sits there. I've tried with the fob and the app, and continuous key press on and off without success.

I worried about the lip between the driveway and the garage floor as well. Last year we re-paved the driveway and they made it 1 inch too thick. But it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:
For USB users, I just posted my first impressions of 8.1 USB as an update to some of my former musings on the subject in Comprehensive USB Bug List. The sad net is, "not a lot, if anything, has changed" with 8.1. If you're interested in a consolidated summary of what seems to work, my highlights of outstanding bugs, and personal workarounds I use to make my Tesla USB listening more tolerable, check it out, then join the discussion there if you have more observations or questions on USB.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP and ABC2D
I just got another firmware update notification, 17.11.10, release notes are identical to 17.11.3 (original 8.1 rollout), so must be doing some hotfixes, I imagine? Would be great if they actually listed them.

I just got another firmware update notification, 17.11.10, release notes are identical to 17.11.3 (original 8.1 rollout), so must be doing some hotfixes, I imagine? Would be great if they actually listed them.
It has a fix for the falcon wing door UI bug mentioned in several threads. Unclear if it has any other fixes, it's only being deployed to Xs so probably not.

For those with 17.11.x, do you have the setpoints for AC autoconditioning versus just the emergency fallback that 8.0 provided? As in, can you set it so the car never goes about, say 100*F?
I have 17.11.10 and there are no set points for the AC, it's just the emergency fallback that 8 provided. Rumors are those features are coming along with the kernel update, new browser, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone