Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you shift into a gear, it is under the assumption that you are going to drive away - and disconnect from Wifi. Rather than wait to lose the signal, and then attempt to access the cell network, it immediately goes off Wifi. If you want to connect while driving, you have to manually connect each time. I seem to remember this was implemented somewhere in the 7.1 timeframe.

This approach makes complete sense. If you are streaming when you first select a gear, the transition from WiFi to cell is fairly seamless. Otherwise, you drive away, lose the Wifi signal, streaming dies, then the switchover to celluar, then your music resumes.
Thank you, now I understand the logic behind this, but I have a permanent 4g router in that car, I would be very happy to make it stay on wifi. Also it makes no sense to disconnect wifi when the 3g link is down, which is my case!

On Tuesday and today (Thursday) I had the message on my Instrument Panel “Systems Are Powering Up, Press Brake when this message clears” on my 2017 Model S. It never clears and I had to reboot my 17" display by holding in the scroll wheels on the steering wheel to resolve the problem both times. Energy Savings is Off and "Always connected" is checked. Others have mentioned it may be a USB issue but I have no USB cable or USB stick plugged in. I was emailing my Service Dept. and realized there was a new F/W. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. I had 2018.6.1 641efac. The new version is 2018.10.4 8bbdc66. I'll attach the screenshots of the release notes and the Trunk options under "Controls" in the Tesla app. The new item in the release notes is you can now open the "Front Trunk" or "Trunk" (rear) using the Tesla app. You can also close the rear Trunk.

View attachment 286811

View attachment 286812

View attachment 286813

Same issue I’m dealing with on a P100D delivered in early December. No apparent pattern to when the System Is Starting Up happens. USBs are not being used.

Has anyone else noticed that in the latest firmware (2018.12), the air suspension doesn't always stay at High or Very High after being parked for a while?

This is new to me. I've had my car (a P85D) for 3+ years, and just recently noticed it was bottoming out when exiting the garage, which is followed by a fairly steep driveway so there's a significant "lip" between the two.

I still see the air suspension raise with auto-location when I'm driving home and getting close, and it stays in Very High after I park it in the garage at night. But when leaving in the morning, a couple of times in the last week since I updated to 2018.12, the car scraped so wasn't in Very High anymore..

I just got 2018.14. Anyone know what this update contains? Release notes are pretty vague.

Attachments

• 4AF27F87-8BCA-4F7C-A023-52884EAC3D15.jpeg
    4AF27F87-8BCA-4F7C-A023-52884EAC3D15.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 88C6FE3B-6EB3-47F4-BAFC-7CFBB4B3F42B.jpeg
    88C6FE3B-6EB3-47F4-BAFC-7CFBB4B3F42B.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 98
Just got our 2018.16.eac88a7 update and now our summons works using the Tesla app. Previously it would not connect to the car and gave a message that the phone sensor was covered or something similar. I had never gotten to the summons screen before so I don't know if its new or just new to us but the two buttons of forward or reverse is a nice simple layout. Much easier than the key fob. Also having the Homelink on the summon screen is handy, again perhaps not new but new to us.

As a new Tesla owner we are really enjoying learning and driving our Tesla. Our 3rd software update since delivery less than a month ago.

Jim

Interesting. After I got the 6 update, the problem went away. Maybe ask the service for a forced update to try and fix it?
Just got 2018.16 and bug causing this reset from reading manual now fixed.
Additionally, version of Qt and Mozilla is updated with newer versions and better html5test scores. Hadn’t seen the details for these posted elsewhere, though maybe there’s a 2018.16 thread now? ;)
B5E367C4-C58C-420F-BC84-989821D5E6EA.jpeg
ABA07BE5-58F2-4BAD-8ADE-8D3A7CA44C75.jpeg

Additionally, version of Qt and Mozilla is updated with newer versions and better html5test scores. Hadn’t seen the details for these posted elsewhere, though maybe there’s a 2018.16 thread now? ;)

It's since 2018.14(.2)

Is your local time shown correct?

My Local time is now 10:17, it shows 1:17 am.
Seems to be always in Time Zone: 7 hours (actually UTC-7, I live in Switzerland, UTC+2)

User Agent: Find Out Your Web Browser's UA Here

It's since 2018.14(.2)

Is your local time shown correct?

My Local time is now 10:17, it shows 1:17 am.
Seems to be always in Time Zone: 7 hours (actually UTC-7, I live in Switzerland, UTC+2)

User Agent: Find Out Your Web Browser's UA Here
Yep, local time is correct. Pacific time here, Seattle area :)

Thought this may have been .14, though didn’t see anything calling out new qt version, hmtl5test, etc.

Has anyone else noticed that in the latest firmware (2018.12), the air suspension doesn't always stay at High or Very High after being parked for a while?

This is new to me. I've had my car (a P85D) for 3+ years, and just recently noticed it was bottoming out when exiting the garage, which is followed by a fairly steep driveway so there's a significant "lip" between the two.

I still see the air suspension raise with auto-location when I'm driving home and getting close, and it stays in Very High after I park it in the garage at night. But when leaving in the morning, a couple of times in the last week since I updated to 2018.12, the car scraped so wasn't in Very High anymore..

I have a classic P85+ and it's always "settled" after parking in the high setting down to standard after some time. Done this for 2 years. I have to be careful if I park on top of a higher curb as it sometimes will settle down onto it.

I have a classic P85+ and it's always "settled" after parking in the high setting down to standard after some time. Done this for 2 years. I have to be careful if I park on top of a higher curb as it sometimes will settle down onto it.

So turns out my issue was an incorrectly pointed sensor in the air suspension, which caused one corner to sag a little more than the other. Took the tech less than an hour to fix it, and all is better now.

Back on topic, got 2018.16 this morning. Didn’t notice any improvement to the web browser (coming from 2018.12) but TBH it’s not like I ever really need to browse the web while driving..

Back on topic, got 2018.16 this morning. Didn’t notice any improvement to the web browser (coming from 2018.12) but TBH it’s not like I ever really need to browse the web while driving..

I also got .16 this AM. Browsing is faster a bit, but again, who uses the browser in the S ever? Beyond showing it off to others, it's pretty useless. I'd love a version of the OS with the browser stripped out if it somehow would free up resources in the MCU to speed up other things...

The release notes for .16 said something about firmware updates for the UMC? Is this a Rev 2 UMC thing or does it apply to the older UMC's also?

• Disagree
Reactions: Lex