Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? You only have to read this thread from the beginning that most people were mislead like you into expecting this. Welcome to Tesla marketing, 691hp car means car is capable, but the drivetrain maxes out at 463hp on its best day.
All ICE cars give you the horse power at the flywheel, like 425 horsepower. If you put it on a dyno it would be much lower. The 691 HP is the same marketing BS that all car manufacturers use.

All ICE cars give you the horse power at the flywheel, like 425 horsepower. If you put it on a dyno it would be much lower. The 691 HP is the same marketing BS that all car manufacturers use.

Wrong. This isn’t the thread for it, but you have misunderstood the technical details that lead to the allegations of fraud, and the settlement Tesla made to put the issue to rest.

463hp that Tesla eventually was forced to publish by European lawsuit is at the motor shaft which would be the equivalent of "at the flywheel" - that is max the motors can ever put out in that car. At the wheels it will be less or course.

Interesting... According to this video, a P100D dyno'd out at 588 hp.

Car which Elon Musk touted as a 700hp and Tesla speced at 691hp was the P85D. This shows another interesting trait of Elon marketing, as long as one day in the future he builds what he sold, he considers it "delivered as promised" even if not delivered to people who he sold it to. So, as long as in the next 40 years Tesla builds an FSD car, Elon will consider his AP2 promise delivered, even if the only way AP2 customers can get it is to buy a brand new car (just like the only way P85D customers can get anywhere near 600hp they have to shell out 100K to upgrade to P100D today).

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Can you hp fanatics pls take your subject somewhere where it's topic relevant?
And the discussion about the 2016 FSD video and all associated drama has, IMHO, also been had ad nauseum and I'd enjoy seeing those who consider themselves screwed over take legal action over the add-on price they've paid.

Neither of it is relevant for speculation or leaks of what features may (or may not) come in v9.

The thread might still be interesting should features or pictures or whatever leak during the early access phase, but only if those infos have a chance to be found easily rather than be hidden between pages and pages of the above off topics.

/r

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Can you hp fanatics pls take your subject somewhere where it's topic relevant?
And the discussion about the 2016 FSD video and all associated drama has, IMHO, also been had ad nauseum and I'd enjoy seeing those who consider themselves screwed over take legal action over the add-on price they've paid.

Neither of it is relevant for speculation or leaks of what features may (or may not) come in v9.

The thread might still be interesting should features or pictures or whatever leak during the early access phase, but only if those infos have a chance to be found easily rather than be hidden between pages and pages of the above off topics.

/r
I think the relevance of the hp and other seemingly tangential issues to this thread is simply showing a pattern of past promises to what was actually delivered, so that you can extrapolate to FSD promises. If someone says "I got a present for you" and you want to speculate what it might be, it is relevant what they gave you last few times they said "I got a present for you".

• Helpful
Reactions: croman and brianman
Valid point, but you might just say "last time the promises' turnout was highly debated, as discussed in threads 1 through a billion linked here" without having to recreate the entire discussions.
Agreed, the problem is that if someone uses an argument "last time I bought a magic bean from Elon all I got was a weed" people discount it by "you did't water it righ, didn't put it in the right soil, you have to wait longer and it will grow eventually, etc, etc", which this thread to an argument about the past, instead of current magic bean being sold.

Agreed, the problem is that if someone uses an argument "last time I bought a magic bean from Elon all I got was a weed" people discount it by "you did't water it righ, didn't put it in the right soil, you have to wait longer and it will grow eventually, etc, etc", which this thread to an argument about the past, instead of current magic bean being sold.

Pre-paying for the truckload of magic beans (FSD) like I did sure feels like I bought a pig-in-a-poke about now. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: KyleDay and u00mem9
The car doesn’t tell you the update number before installing but since it was promised that update 9.0 would come in August, isn’t it safe to say this is probably it considering there’s only 6 days left in the month. I could be very wrong....
Unfortunately that's not always the case, Toppa. Depending on what version you are currently on we could make a better guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is not 9.0. Disappointed, but also not quite surprised if we don't see it in August at all. That said, maybe it is 9.0 and that would be wonderful!

The car doesn’t tell you the update number before installing but since it was promised that update 9.0 would come in August, isn’t it safe to say this is probably it considering there’s only 6 days left in the month. I could be very wrong....
No it’s not safe to say that. You are very wrong. It’s another minor update to 8.1.

Anyway, when has a major version update ever come out when “promised”? I’ve owned a Tesla since 2013 and I can’t think of any.