Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 14.2 the other day. The browser is improved. Pages that wouldn’t load before now work fine. However, I noticed a couple of new issues:

1. Wrong speed limits are displayed in some areas. I am not 100% positive, but I thought correct speed limits were shown there before.
2. Navigation refuses to work for some destinations (but not for others).
3. Waze stopped working.

I tried a reboot: no help. I am still on the old maps, if it matters.

Are there any conditional speed signs in those areas? My issue seems to be it will apply "X MPH when flashing" signs as the consistent speed limit in areas it was correct before.

Definitely got the new navigation and maps here in the UK. Will post pictures soon.

I have noticed that passive entry has been disabled as per release notes but although release notes states it is possible to re-enable it, I am unable to as the setting is greyed out. Anybody else got this?

Be amazed if you have the new maps, please post pics. The passive entry might be greyed out if you are plugged in, and the car also has to be on, so press the brake pedal.

• Helpful
Reactions: julez
D9DE0334-ABDD-4628-858D-056C4ABA03C1.jpeg
A cruise issue?

Yea. I got this issue suddenly yesterday morning. It was so jarring to drive the whole 50km daily commute without AP. Lol (First world problems :p )

View attachment 295445

Yea. I got this issue suddenly yesterday morning. It was so jarring to drive the whole 50km daily commute without AP. Lol (First world problems :p )
Please notice there is no speed limit sign. When that happens it could be a GPS Location problem. This will cause TACC to not work. Could be another problem but I have seen it a few times and it required GPS to be reset which can be done by SC Remotely. I also found that you might be able to reset using CONTROLS / POWER OFF wait a couple minutes POWER ON. SC will ask you to do that anyway so might as well try it.

Are there any conditional speed signs in those areas? My issue seems to be it will apply "X MPH when flashing" signs as the consistent speed limit in areas it was correct before.
No, this was on a stretch of the highway with a constant 60 mph limit. The car was showing 55... I don't remember it doing that before the update, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

Please share the UK new navigation pictures :)

Be amazed if you have the new maps, please post pics. The passive entry might be greyed out if you are plugged in, and the car also has to be on, so press the brake pedal.

Here are few quick photos from today. The changes are subtle but on the instrument cluster the route is show in more detail with road names appearing with little rectangles and the next instruction point shown as a point. The big screen maps look very familiar. I'm sure the voice is different too. Also did the settings for the Nav app have the online routing option and the avoid ferries\tolls previously?

Attachments

• IMG_8424.JPG
    IMG_8424.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8425.JPG
    IMG_8425.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8430.JPG
    IMG_8430.JPG
    448.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8431.JPG
    IMG_8431.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8429.JPG
    IMG_8429.JPG
    471.6 KB · Views: 144
That's new navigation. Are you MCU2 or did these arrive OTA?

MCU1 with AP2 on 90D late 2016. Arrived OTA using WiFi and clocked in at almost 9GB over 2-3 days at roughly 300MB per hour after receiving 2018.14.2. Didn't actually receive a notification about new maps on phone or in car. However after I noticed data stopped I got in car. Both screens had rebooted on entry and it showed the same release notes as for the main update.

Let me know if you want to know anything else and I'll try to help.

At the end of March 2018 they started shipping Model S and X with a new processor, Intel. The same one as in the Model 3. It is much faster in showing things in the center screen than the older MCU1, which was an ARM Nvidia chip.

OTA means Over the Air, it means the software or firmware is sent to the vehicle through 4G or WiFi instead of needing a cable or a visit to the service center.