Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot even connect to WiFi in my garage unfortunately. I was able to get the prior download by using my iPad as a hotspot but now whenever I try that, in the morning when I get up and check things, the hotspot WiFi has been dropped. Not sure when it drops off but I am fit to be tied. I have tried extenders and my car just cannot/will not connect so the hotspot does work but not long enough (now) to get an update. PLUS, not only does my car have a hard time connecting to WiFi it also NEVER has a good LTE signal wherever I am. Bottom line, the antennas in my car don't seem to even work...if they DO work, they don't work very well. Frustrating.

If you’re not getting updates because of WiFi issue, call support and/or local SC and kindly ask them to push/stage the update, making it clear you are unable to ever have WiFi access.

I'm still on 2018.12 with no new updates and no new maps yet but yesterday my 2017 model S started recognizing the speed limits correctly. It doesn't seem to need a speed limit sign because I drive a road with no speed limit signs visible but finally the Tesla is showing the correct speed limit. I think it is by GPS because both my other cars and my Garmin always showed the correct speed limit.

TomTom database does use GPS. No sign reading in AP2/2.5. These changes are based on updates, it seems, to the ADAS tiles that we no longer have access to anymore... but also TomTom has been updating its overall database too.

I'm in the UK and received this update 2 days ago. Haven't had a chance to drive it much yet (about 20 miles with no AP used). However, it has been busy downloading over 9GB of data in the background over Wifi with nothing yet to show for it. Has anybody in the UK or Europe had a map update yet?

So I got my car back from the SC on Monday its on this update a88808e. What I notice immediately is the change in speed limits. my street is a 40 mph street. There is a school zone up the street where there is a 30 MPH sign that only applies to mornings and afternoon when the kids are out and about. So today I'm driving down my street like normal and AP suddenly starts slowing until its doing 5 mph under the current speed limit and wouldn't let me accelerate to the legal limit because of the "5mph max over limit" warning. This is only the second time I've had a chance to drive it since I've gotten it back. Anyone else see this behavior near momentary speed zone signs?

This is going to very few US AP2 vehicles (Its definitely more global than most releases) but its otherwise going wide (particularly AP2.5). Something is going on. I bet the next release is aimed at AP2 US vehicles and I hope it has a new feature (blind spot monitoring if the code bears fruit...) but I'm an optimist.

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515 and UkrHog
If you’re not getting updates because of WiFi issue, call support and/or local SC and kindly ask them to push/stage the update, making it clear you are unable to ever have WiFi access.
Thank you! I will do that in the meantime until I can get this issue resolved! I appreciate the info and will call them tomorrow because I am not at all sure I am going to be able to install the Google WiFi PODS correctly along with my router/modem. Calling them will help me until I can get this done! Thanks so much!

Got 14.2 the other day. The browser is improved. Pages that wouldn’t load before now work fine. However, I noticed a couple of new issues:

1. Wrong speed limits are displayed in some areas. I am not 100% positive, but I thought correct speed limits were shown there before.
2. Navigation refuses to work for some destinations (but not for others).
3. Waze stopped working.

I tried a reboot: no help. I am still on the old maps, if it matters.

Definitely got the new navigation and maps here in the UK. Will post pictures soon.

I have noticed that passive entry has been disabled as per release notes but although release notes states it is possible to re-enable it, I am unable to as the setting is greyed out. Anybody else got this?