Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 23 of "In Production" here - still no movement and still radio silence from Tesla on any delivery date while humpty dumpty gets put together again...

Bittersweet news for you after being in the production "hole" for 23 full days (11/25) my dashboard just switched in last hour to Production Complete. No email yet. I told my DS today I was cancelling and reordering tomorrow. She was very nice, checked my car with the factory and said log jam from first batch is quickly ending, but she knew nothing more. I was not happy, but now I am. VIN 64193, who would think I would have my VIN memorized, crazy emotional experience. Now how long will delivery take to Chicago. Good luck all, I think you be much happy by the end of the week if not before...Yippy!

@LaTache.... I was told by my DS today that it needs a day or so to "arrange transport" (mine flipped Sun afternoon, so take that for what it is worth) and then 7-10 days to get to Chitown. They speculate next week may be an option... but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Christmas present. Here is to safe travels to yours... there are I think three others on the spreadsheet also coming here.

I finally broke down and emailed Jerome, who told me that my car would ship Wednesday or Thursday, although the dashboard still says I'm in the hole.

I've opened my email several times today with the intention of emailing Jerome and quit each time!

Going for a test drive of the D tomorrow... will speak with my DS (though we speak regularly anyway, great guy) and then see what happens.

I'm happy for all the other black hole dwellers climbing out :) congrats people!

Last edited:
Has anyone from the hole (ok, we need a better name and/or a support group) received their car yet? I'd love to hear first thoughts on build quality, paint quality. etc.

The reason I ask is that it looks like someone at Tesla was listening, and they are trying to get me my car the day before I leave for my trip. If they can pull it off I won't re-order, but I'm still very concerned about built quality.

Has anyone from the hole (ok, we need a better name and/or a support group) received their car yet? I'd love to hear first thoughts on build quality, paint quality. etc.

The reason I ask is that it looks like someone at Tesla was listening, and they are trying to get me my car the day before I leave for my trip. If they can pull it off I won't re-order, but I'm still very concerned about built quality.
Name change suggestion. Supernova Group

Wouldn't MarcG technically qualify?

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.09.35 AM.png

*happy dance*

- - - Updated - - -

I received an assurance that the only items that required rework on my particular car were confined to the seat assembly. I'm not completely convinced that the assurance I received was accurate, but if true it is very reassuring. I'm not especially concerned about the build quality as far as the seats go.

I think I'm already to that point - 25 days and counting. No news. Watching Andrew's delivery thread and seeing more cars start and finish production is starting drive me insane, when all I want to do is be able to drive in insane mode! Plus I keep refreshing my "My Tesla" dashboard once or twice an hour expecting a different result - isn't that the definition of insanity?

(and yes I realize I sound like an impatient spoiled brat saying all this so I apologize, but if I said if my happiness for others wasn't devolving into extreme jealousy, I'd be lying!)

It's just a car guys. :biggrin:

View attachment 66193

*happy dance*

- - - Updated - - -

I received an assurance that the only items that required rework on my particular car were confined to the seat assembly. I'm not completely convinced that the assurance I received was accurate, but if true it is very reassuring. I'm not especially concerned about the build quality as far as the seats go.

Congrats, maybe our cars will be on the same truck! Great news, let me know what your delivery date is, mine is currently 12/23 but until it gets on the truck they are not sure.

LetsGoFast congrats! Sparky saved you a slot on the truck, and is ready for the long ride eastward! :biggrin:

Has anyone on the east coast actually got a delivery schedule set up yet?

My DS is somewhat less than proactive about communications, so I don't really know what's up -- but I still don't have a delivery date even after the car completed two days ago. (Note: I am not saying 'omg must deliver now', I would just like to be able to plan the next two weeks to figure out when I need to be near the dealer, and when I can visit family hundreds of miles away).

In fact, I still don't even have my final paperwork (which others posted about having weeks ago)