Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the exact same problem. Model 3 SR+. Just received 10.3 last night. Took it out this morning around the neighborhood. FSD drive worked as expected and traveled to the local grocery store. I then put the car in park, then resumed a drive to a nearby destination. Kept getting error that "Autopilot Unavailable". Then collision warnings started blaring constantly with cars more than 200 feet in front of me. Suddenly a software update popped up stripping the car back to version 2021.36.5.1 and Safety Score has also been removed from the app. WTH is going on??? Did I get booted from the program after using it for 5 min??

I have had the exact same problem. Model 3 SR+. Just received 10.3 last night. Took it out this morning around the neighborhood. FSD drive worked as expected and traveled to the local grocery store. I then put the car in park, then resumed a drive to a nearby destination. Kept getting error that "Autopilot Unavailable". Then collision warnings started blaring constantly with cars more than 200 feet in front of me. Suddenly a software update popped up stripping the car back to version 2021.36.5.1 and Safety Score has also been removed from the app. WTH is going on??? Did I get booted from the program after using it for 5 min??
I’m betting Tesla is pulling the new build from the fleet. Too many show stoppers. They’ll go fix the critical issues and then push a new build to us. Sucks to lose the new shiny thing less than 12 hours after getting it but it’s the right thing to do.

Football4.jpg

Just went for my first drive with 36.25.2. Worked great for 20 minutes, then i parked and tried another drive. System wont even let me turn on autopilot on city streets anymore. Got on highway, AP let me engage then threw a FCW on nothing and slammed on the brakes in the middle of the highway really hard. Wtf. Going to try this “fix”, thank you for posting
Exactly the same for me. I ended up leaving it for about a half hour. Tried it again and it was fine.

Let it sleep for 25 min or so and everything is working just fine. 5.1 started downloading. Hope it doesn’t auto install.
I’ve never had an update auto install - that’s probably a safety feature. I’m still on x.5.2 and FSD is working fine, even though my app shows the x.5.1 download had finished but I never said yes to install.