Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: If you have any questions about the delivery or how soon you could get the car, who do you call? Tesla itself or do you reach out to the location where you will be picking it up? I order at the location (Eatonville), and the Sales Advisor doesn't respond to my emails.

Question: If you have any questions about the delivery or how soon you could get the car, who do you call? Tesla itself or do you reach out to the location where you will be picking it up? I order at the location (Eatonville), and the Sales Advisor doesn't respond to my emails.
You’ll get mostly nothing from SAs until your car is almost built or almost ready to ship ( you’ll get a vin around this time ). Until then I’d not even try to reach out unless you need to make changes.

They will not tell you anything until you get a VIN. Once you get a Vin all they will tell you is that it is in transit. Once it gets close, they will schedule a delivery date and time.

They will not tell you anything until you get a VIN. Once you get a Vin all they will tell you is that it is in transit. Once it gets close, they will schedule a delivery date and time.
Copy. Tesla is great and all but their customer service sucks! They don't give you any updates or a check-up or anything. Even before COVID and everything happened. I understand the online order process but man they need to figure something out.

Copy. Tesla is great and all but their customer service sucks! They don't give you any updates or a check-up or anything. Even before COVID and everything happened. I understand the online order process but man they need to figure something out.
I think it’s due to the fact that thousands of people daily ask the same question and at some point you get tired of that or just don’t have the answers to everything. My first EDD was May-July. Vague but it was correct with my delivery date being yesterday.

It seems like many come here to share negative interactions. I offer an alternate, positive experience.

I picked up my car today in Tampa. Since ordering last October I’ve had only positive interactions with Tesla. I was contacted, by text, by my sales advisor soon after placing the order. Until yesterday, my only contact was via text and email. My SA was very responsive to my questions and quickly fixed my error in loading my wife’s information. He was always quick to respond, even when I needed to place a hold on the order. Eventually I got a VIN and my SA contacted me making sure everything was in order. Delivery couldn’t have been better. I got a text saying we could come in about an hour earlier than our appointment. We headed in, checked in and gave the car the once over. Everyone was exceptionally helpful and nice. It's a good car. The paint could be much better, but it's plenty good enough. There was an issue with the headliner, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed. I accepted the car and we were off. I went over to service to buy extra keycards. While there, I asked how to enter the headliner issue in the service part of the app. I was asked to drive the car into the bay so they could look at it. Everyone here was, again, exceptionally helpful and nice. While I waited, the service writer helped me add my phone as key and showed me a few things about the car. In about 30 minutes the headliner was fixed (attaching pin was bent), I had extra keys, and we were done.

The sales advisor seems to be the key. If you get a good one, life is great. My friend wasn’t so lucky and he was frequently frustrated.

In the end, the car is awesome. Ordering and delivery were awesome. Patience between order and delivery was hard. That process needs work. My experience was exceedingly positive.