Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AN SA can check, but sometimes you didn’t fill your order profile completely and left financing blank. Tesla’s system is a little buggy. From that point on…it’s an 8-10 month wait.
Yeah I completed everything. I did the finance but it expired. I called Tesla and they said not to sign up again until you get the VIN. It's just very irritating. When you call they only tell you "it depends on configuration" or "shortage/COVID".

Tesla has said numerous times if you get the basic white with no upgrades you are at the lowest que and slowest to get a car.
I get that but then that's the SA should have said that. That is the reason why I ordered it in the Tesla location rather than online. Even if I reach out to my SA I don't get a response. They are the professionals so they should have told me the best options. I can't even upgrade to have faster delivery. If I do then it would get changed to the current price. So damn if I do, damn if I don't.

I get that but then that's the SA should have said that. That is the reason why I ordered it in the Tesla location rather than online. Even if I reach out to my SA I don't get a response. They are the professionals so they should have told me the best options. I can't even upgrade to have faster delivery. If I do then it would get changed to the current price. So damn if I do, damn if I don't.
Are we sure we can’t upgrade? I was wondering if getting the 6k semi autonomous driving might be an option if it would get me the car quicker.

It’s pretty sad that someone has to wait a year and a half for the base model, if you would have put a tow package on it or the bigger wheels, you would probably have it by now. Sorry to hear they are making you wait so long.

BTW, OD (Feb 28 2022, MYLR, silver, std wheels, tow package.), EDD Aug 2022, then Oct-nov, then Dec-March, then Sept-oct, and now Nov-Jan.

Are we sure we can’t upgrade? I was wondering if getting the 6k semi autonomous driving might be an option if it would get me the car quicker.

It’s pretty sad that someone has to wait a year and a half for the base model, if you would have put a tow package on it or the bigger wheels, you would probably have it by now. Sorry to hear they are making you wait so long.

BTW, OD (Feb 28 2022, MYLR, silver, std wheels, tow package.), EDD Aug 2022, then Oct-nov, then Dec-March, then Sept-oct, and now Nov-Jan.
I can't upgrade but you can. Upgrading without it effect the price can only be applied to people who ordered on August 1st or later. So in my case even if I wanted to, I can't.

I would still reach out to Tesla about it before doing anything just in case.

Here is the info: Tesla customers can now change their configuration and maintain their original price [US only]

My MYP appointment is Sunday. I'm trading a 2020 MYLR with 19k miles. Blue with black interior (same as the new one). Got prices from Carvana (59.6). Carmax (61.0), webuyanycar (60.0), Cargurus (62.1), and Tesla (57.1). The Tesla trade-in means $3,300 sales tax savings so that brings it to 60.4. I'm doing the trad-in as it avoids a short term loan and later title changes. The MYLR is in excellent condition and has been a wonderful car. I'm only replacing it because it isn't going to cost much. It's pretty nice to buy a car, drive it for two years, and then get more than you paid for it. The only service expense has been a tire rotation at 16,000 miles. Energy costs have been a little over $600 for 19,200 miles. This one will get a front end PPF and full car ceramic coating. I wish we had a local Tesla club where we could periodically get together and probably get some great information and suggestions.
How did you like going from the LR to the P?

Ordered a MYP. Currently have a SR+ ...

MYP Red w/ White Exterior and toe hitch (AP Only).

Changed from October 10 - November 21 to August 2 - October 1
I just switched yesterday to an MYP. My MYLR got changed from sept-oct to Nov-Jan so I gave up and decided to switch to MYP. Unfortunately, my date hasn’t changed yet. I am assuming it has to since if you order now from scratch, the date is August-Sept. I will be really PO’d if my delivery still ends up being Nov-Jan.