Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s good, once it starts to shrink, even better. The closer the days come together the closer to a vin. Would be a nice holiday gift lol.

Also, just filled out my DCU loan information finally. Figured it’s time to get that done since I’m getting closer. Will let you know how smooth that goes and how simple it is to use Tesla Financial rate matching.

I swear I heard something about Tesla killing the rate matching program?

Are you trading in your Model 3 to Tesla or selling to Carvana/Vroom/etc? Selling to Tesla saves you tax on the prices difference but I'd be curious if third party sites are offering $3K+ more than Tesla to make it worthwhile. I need to decide whether to sell or trade-in my ID.4

Reactions: auger and Samier_RN
OD: 6/13 but profile completed 7/15 😔
Silver, white interior and 20"
EDD had been 10/9-10/29 for the past 3 weeks and got pushed to 10/16-11/8 last Friday... no VIN yet
Also looking for a DCU referral. Just created my account but cant seem to be able to send DMs... Thanks!!

Reactions: voxel

Are you trading in your Model 3 to Tesla or selling to Carvana/Vroom/etc? Selling to Tesla saves you tax on the prices difference but I'd be curious if third party sites are offering $3K+ more than Tesla to make it worthwhile. I need to decide whether to sell or trade-in my ID.4
Tesla’s offer was garbage. $37000 for the car. Carvana is $47689 and I’d pay $2809 in taxes. Carmax is $47000 and about same taxes. But I have someone who wants to buy it for $49000 and $0 taxes, so I might be private selling this time around. But yeah Tesla private buyers stink for buying Teslas in my case.

Woooohoooo!!! Finally got a VIN. .......MF294..... EDD change to 10/27 - 10/30
108 days waiting for a VIN... I'm a happy camper right now.....
Hi & Congrats!
Which came first, the EDD change or the VIN? Were you inside your EDD window when you received your VIN.

I'm obviously trying to make inferences and possibly start a conspiracy theory. 😎

Hi & Congrats!
Which came first, the EDD change or the VIN? Were you inside your EDD window when you received your VIN.

I'm obviously trying to make inferences and possibly start a conspiracy theory. 😎
Thanks... The EDD change yesterday to 10/26 - 11/04 and today I got the email and when entered my account found the new EDD, which it was exactly what they told me when I called tesla a few days ago...

I just did a rate match to DCU a month ago. I think someone posted some bogus information in that thread, I had to call the guy out for spreading false information. 👍🏻

Reactions: Samier_RN and voxel
If you have an order for a MSM, black interior, 19" wheels and your date is far out, you might want to call the Tampa DC. Just got a call from one of the SAs about trade in and during the call, she asked if I would like to take delivery of either of 2 cars on the way to them but became unmatched. One was a white MY and the other the MSM MY I mentioned. I didn't ask for the white details since it didn't match my order. Would have accepted the MSM one but I ordered 20" wheels not 19".
If someone else hasn't snagged it, might be worth a shot calling and asking.

I just did a rate match to DCU a month ago. I think someone posted some bogus information in that thread, I had to call the guy out for spreading false information. 👍🏻
A few people posted about rate match being stopped between reddit and TMC. I don't know if it's true or not but I read that from multiple people. If it's true, it was after definitely after referral codes were stopped which was about 3 weeks ago on 9/18. So it's possible you rate matched before it was stopped.

Do Tesla sell in seconds? I saw this popup for a bit then all cars disappeared... lol. I was thinking of a filler car and pushing my Model Y to next year so it can be Austin built :)

1634068044555.png

Reactions: pcmike
A few people posted about rate match being stopped between reddit and TMC. I don't know if it's true or not but I read that from multiple people. If it's true, it was after definitely after referral codes were stopped which was about 3 weeks ago on 9/18. So it's possible you rate matched before it was stopped.
If Tesla stopped rate matching, just take the loan from DCU. Their website is terrible and their phone hold time is atrocious, but free money is free money. 😬

Reactions: ImperfectTes
Do Tesla sell in seconds? I saw this popup for a bit then all cars disappeared... lol. I was thinking of a filler car and pushing my Model Y to next year so it can be Austin built :)

View attachment 720740
Yes, basically if you see it you buy it. Lol there is no thinking about it because they get bought instantly now a days.

Update: sad day, rate matching is over.

6EF5550A-C790-462C-A7E6-ACC7AC125747.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
What Should be Done First?
PPF or Shakedown/Defect Correction?

I've never done ppf before and I understand that Tesla paint is soft and vulnerable. I can take delivery and immediately drive over for the ppf or, drive the car for say a week to identify, log, and correct delivery faults.
What say you?
🤔

Thanks!

What Should be Done First?
PPF or Shakedown/Defect Correction?

I've never done ppf before and I understand that Tesla paint is soft and vulnerable. I can take delivery and immediately drive over for the ppf or, drive the car for say a week to identify, log, and correct delivery faults.
What say you?
🤔

Thanks!
I would honestly recommend driving for a few days to identify defects first, especially first couple of days. You can only open delivery defect service within 24 hrs/100 miles of delivery. We were told was to open a service appointment on delivery day with the obvious issue we could see at the DC and then just add to that same appointment whatever we find later. Do keep in mind though that things like scratches may not qualify after the 24hr period (people can scratch the car and claim delivery defect). We logged a couple paint issues on delivery day and Tesla responded quick to those and closed those ones out.
We've added at least 1 defect a week over the past 3 weeks we've had our first MY. They've only responded to the items we logged in the first 24 hrs. The others will be reviewed just before the appointment.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Is Tesla paint these days soft and vulnerable? Haven't they improved it?
I’ve driven highway, back roads, and interstate while behind a stupid truck (something I hate cause of rocks). To this day, paint is fine. It’s only been 3 weeks but it’s good to see so far everything is fine. Again I’m not worried though cause it will be wrapped when that time comes.