Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from a shop who could put on some bumper PPF immediate and black out the chrome emblems. I feel so bad not going to Mario for all this stuff, but honestly I needed it done ASAP. My wife starts to drive this M3 basically tomorrow and I can't have things not in order before she gets her hands on it. I'm gonna get all my ducks in a row ahead of the MY delivery so that I don't have to go rushing around to different shops to accomplish different things right away. So far since we took delivery of the M3 I've gone and done 3M Ceramic 15 on every window (except windshield), got full set of Maxpider mats and liners, installed rear bumper PPF (to protect against luggage being pulled out of the trunk), blacked out the only chrome (the emblems), and I still have the following coming in.. air filter grill, cup holder insert, door inserts, and frunk and trunk sill protector set (carbon fiber). I still think at some point I might tint the windshield in Ceramic 50 (or 70) and I think I might also order the slide away console storage box. I'm also still waiting for the first OTA update so this M3 can actually charge to 262mi.

And to keep this on topic... still not back to having an EDD for the MY. :(

Just got back from a shop who could put on some bumper PPF immediate and black out the chrome emblems. I feel so bad not going to Mario for all this stuff, but honestly I needed it done ASAP. My wife starts to drive this M3 basically tomorrow and I can't have things not in order before she gets her hands on it. I'm gonna get all my ducks in a row ahead of the MY delivery so that I don't have to go rushing around to different shops to accomplish different things right away. So far since we took delivery of the M3 I've gone and done 3M Ceramic 15 on every window (except windshield), got full set of Maxpider mats and liners, installed rear bumper PPF (to protect against luggage being pulled out of the trunk), blacked out the only chrome (the emblems), and I still have the following coming in.. air filter grill, cup holder insert, door inserts, and frunk and trunk sill protector set (carbon fiber). I still think at some point I might tint the windshield in Ceramic 50 (or 70) and I think I might also order the slide away console storage box. I'm also still waiting for the first OTA update so this M3 can actually charge to 262mi.

And to keep this on topic... still not back to having an EDD for the MY. :(
What percentage are you charging your battery to? Haven't gone over 80 yet

Hey by any chance do you know if there is there a trick to get the ota updates faster? Is advanced even worth it in the settings?
I've left it on advanced but can't confirm if it really makes a difference. Then again, I'm not sure if there's been any updates since I took delivery on 8/21. The possiblity of even getting an update sooner is enough for me to just leave it as is.

Hey by any chance do you know if there is there a trick to get the ota updates faster? Is advanced even worth it in the settings?

I've left it on advanced but can't confirm if it really makes a difference. Then again, I'm not sure if there's been any updates since I took delivery on 8/21. The possiblity of even getting an update sooner is enough for me to just leave it as is.
I’ve left the M3 on advanced this whole time and I’m still on a really old firmware… apparently my M3 was never even updated before being delivered to me. I’m still on… 2021.11.103

100% every time. LFP batteries don’t care. The NCA in the LR cars shouldn’t be charged to 100% daily… just right before a long road trip; they should be charged to 90% daily.
That's right, you have an SR+. I'm likely going to continue charging to 80% and up to 100% for road trips. My office is in Sunrise and I live in Delray. Being that I'm currently only going in 1-2x/week and charge after each use, I think I'm fine.

Hello fellow Floridians,

I have a question about payment, I am financing my Tesla and bank sent me a check addressed to Tesla. Will Tesla accept check on delivery day or Should I mail the check to Tesla? My delivery date: Sep 15, Tampa. I am curious to know how you handled payment via financing?

Who’s picking up this weekend?! I cannot wait!!! I heard Elon is in Miami and he’s going to be at some dealers 👀
I cannot wait! Are you serious about Elon? I may faint lol. I called my sa to make sure E signed everything correct and he popped into my car and saw it was at 69% and they were detailing it. He said they are getting 600 cars a week rn. Absolutely slammed. 59 today alone he said. My email from Tesla basically says hurry up and go you have 100 miles to find any defects. Check at home lol.

Reactions: Ormond
I am really looking forward to car wash mode and Disney plus for the kids. Auto dimming side mirrors will be nice.

Hello fellow Floridians,

I have a question about payment, I am financing my Tesla and bank sent me a check addressed to Tesla. Will Tesla accept check on delivery day or Should I mail the check to Tesla? My delivery date: Sep 15, Tampa. I am curious to know how you handled payment via financing?
My bank mailed the check directly to Tesla in CA but if it’s a bank check, you’re fine taking it with you in person.
Picking up my wife’s at Tampa on Monday. Hopefully I can get enough sleep before then. lol

Reactions: tharun
My EDD went from Dec 12-Jan 1 2022 to nothing. I'm not going to expect this car until Feb 2022.
That, so far, happened to me 2x. First time after disappearance my EDD shortened by two weeks to early October. The 2nd time it pushed out to November, where it sits today. My order was placed 7/16.

Welcome to the roller coaster
😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond
That, so far, happened to me 2x. First time after disappearance my EDD shortened by two weeks to early October. The 2nd time it pushed out to November, where it sits today. My order was placed 7/16.

Welcome to the roller coaster
😎
Honestly, if you looked at most models last week, all but model 3 performance had calendar dates but recently that got pushed too. It’s the end of the quarter and he needs to make investors happy, customers too but we don’t give enough like the investors do. Heck an email was rumored to have gone out from the man himself to work hard and fast for the big push. Frankly, I wouldn’t want a car during this time, more room for errors. So I’d take the EDD with a grain of salt and avoid looking at it so you don’t get concerned like I did lol.

I personally was wrecked when I saw my EDD so bought a M3SR+ new off inventory that has a September 20-27 date (apparently my car is here but cannot be sold until a firmware update for the battery happens is what I was told) to hold me over but honestly best choice because now I have a car I’d rather drive and trade in values are still super hot for Teslas over others. You basically get a free car to drive while you wait because the trade in value is at cost or higher. Carvana alone $43777.

Also, curious if the EV bill passes for cars below $40,000 and Tesla is included but I sell it…do I still get the tax break (selling after it passes of course)?

Honestly, if you looked at most models last week, all but model 3 performance had calendar dates but recently that got pushed too. It’s the end of the quarter and he needs to make investors happy, customers too but we don’t give enough like the investors do. Heck an email was rumored to have gone out from the man himself to work hard and fast for the big push. Frankly, I wouldn’t want a car during this time, more room for errors. So I’d take the EDD with a grain of salt and avoid looking at it so you don’t get concerned like I did lol.

I personally was wrecked when I saw my EDD so bought a M3SR+ new off inventory that has a September 20-27 date (apparently my car is here but cannot be sold until a firmware update for the battery happens is what I was told) to hold me over but honestly best choice because now I have a car I’d rather drive and trade in values are still super hot for Teslas over others. You basically get a free car to drive while you wait because the trade in value is at cost or higher. Carvana alone $43777.

Also, curious if the EV bill passes for cars below $40,000 and Tesla is included but I sell it…do I still get the tax break (selling after it passes of course)?
I think you'd be able to take advantage of the tax bill for that calendar year if you owned the vehicle through 12/31. Wait until 1/1 to get rid of it if you're taking advantage of any 2021 potential tax break (if it even passes).

Reactions: Samier_RN

Funny I'm looking at a RAV4 Prime or Mach-E as a filler (and tax break) for the Model Y. Didn't think about a M3SR+ though.

The EV bill had interesting recent changes. I'd love for my Model Y to be pushed to 2022 so it could take advantage of it. New Tesla cars would get $4K+ credit or rebate.

Technically I don't need a new car until Feb when my office re-opens as I barely drive now but I am planning ahead :)

Reactions: Samier_RN
Funny I'm looking at a RAV4 Prime or Mach-E as a filler (and tax break) for the Model Y. Didn't think about a M3SR+ though.

The EV bill had interesting recent changes. I'd love for my Model Y to be pushed to 2022 so it could take advantage of it. New Tesla cars would get $4K+ credit or rebate.

Technically I don't need a new car until Feb when my office re-opens as I barely drive now but I am planning ahead :)
I like your idea, I’m probably going to ask my SA to reset my order for 2022

Just thought I'd share some pics from today, finally got her washed after two weeks of letting everything heal. Re-installing the rear trunk lip next week, can't wait!

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_141815.jpg
    IMG_20210911_141815.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210911_141753.jpg
    IMG_20210911_141753.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210911_141730.jpg
    IMG_20210911_141730.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210911_141812.jpg
    IMG_20210911_141812.jpg