Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD sliding backwards now... Hope it is a glitch in the Matrix (you know we are living in a Musk-simulation, right?)

1634220352899.png

• Informative
Reactions: Samier_RN
My EDD sliding backwards now... Hope it is a glitch in the Matrix (you know we are living in a Musk-simulation, right?)

View attachment 721385
Sorry to hear. But it speaks volumes moving from December to April.
1. You're getting a 2022
2. It's coming from Austin
3. If will have a casted front and rear
4. It may have 4680 cells

...in a logical world 😉

Reactions: voxel and Samier_RN

View attachment 721385
He heard you wanted a 2.0, now feel his wrath.

Lol seriously though I think it’s a glitch my buddy had a November EDD turn into a February-March for no reason. He called and they said not to go based off sudden big jumps unless you received an email about an issue.

If I had to theorize though, if it was a true change because of 2.0 it would make sense only because if they make Texas the focus for Model Y and Fremont the focus of everything else, than it would take a bit before seeing a car. We have to remember they are busting out 4 types of cars from one factory right now.

Theorizing is over and I still think it is just a hiccup in the system. My friends date hasn’t returned to normal yet but I still wouldn’t worry.

Reactions: voxel
I just found a Model 3 in the inventory and might just go ahead with it and delay my Model Y until mid 2022. I just need to deal with removing FSD and dealing with a trade-in or sale of my ID.4

View attachment 721503
Super awesome if you bought it but I don’t know if I’d delay your MY, just my opinion. If you are paying full cash buy all means but also think about ever change rates, trade in values and devaluation, and if tax credit happens you could see a huge loss in trade in even though you “might” get a credit on your MY if lucky. Again, just voicing some food for thought but as always you need to be happy. If you are happy that is all that matters. Heck, if my MY comes sooner I’d sell you my M3 lolololol. Looking out for you man.

Super awesome if you bought it but I don’t know if I’d delay your MY, just my opinion. If you are paying full cash buy all means but also think about ever change rates, trade in values and devaluation, and if tax credit happens you could see a huge loss in trade in even though you “might” get a credit on your MY if lucky. Again, just voicing some food for thought but as always you need to be happy. If you are happy that is all that matters. Heck, if my MY comes sooner I’d sell you my M3 lolololol. Looking out for you man.

The way I look at it is... if there is a tax credit in 2022 then it's like I got the "Model Y in 2021 without it" and if I delay it enough I might get Model Y 2.0 from with 4860 cells :)

The blue Model 3 SR+ with white interior and 19" rims is $47K and $50K OTD. Yes it's a huge risk but I'm kinda done with my ID.4 - I feel nothing driving it. This whole week I've been visiting CarMax-type dealer to get official offers.

Thanks looking out for me. Everything you makes sense... to the head. Heart says otherwise :)

FYI - I was just told the Orlando/Eatonville office is closed for renovations until late 2021 or early 2022. Might explain my order delay. If I want the Model 3 (I do) I need to pick it up from Tampa (instead of a 10min drive).
That would explain my jump from dec to January. Interesting. I would be willing to go to Tampa if it came earlier.

That would explain my jump from dec to January. Interesting. I would be willing to go to Tampa if it came earlier.

So my SA told me it is technically open until late Oct (when the renos start) but my Model 3 pickup is still Tampa. She is trying to re-route it Orlando before the renos begin but who knows.

My EDD is now April... now if it were to move to early Dec I'd probably just cancel the Model 3. I have two weeks to decide.

The way I look at it is... if there is a tax credit in 2022 then it's like I got the "Model Y in 2021 without it" and if I delay it enough I might get Model Y 2.0 from with 4860 cells :)

The blue Model 3 SR+ with white interior and 19" rims is $47K and $50K OTD. Yes it's a huge risk but I'm kinda done with my ID.4 - I feel nothing driving it. This whole week I've been visiting CarMax-type dealer to get official offers.

Thanks looking out for me. Everything you makes sense... to the head. Heart says otherwise :)
50K for a SR+?! Pricey, but honestly it feels like a 60K car when you drive one. But wow, the prices keep going up. There is no way that $40K cybertruck is happening. I’m really glad I put in a reservation on the tri motor at $69K. Once those CTs start being built I suspect the price is gonna go crazy!

50K for a SR+?! Pricey, but honestly it feels like a 60K car when you drive one. But wow, the prices keep going up. There is no way that $40K cybertruck is happening. I’m really glad I put in a reservation on the tri motor at $69K. Once those CTs start being built I suspect the price is gonna go crazy!

Yeah, now that I calculated all the numbers it seems a bit high/crazy. With my trade-in, I'm only losing $1K total (after all taxes/fees) if I had bought the M3SR+ originally rather than buying the ID.4 (with $7500 tax credit) and trading it in for the M3SR+... however... the OTD price makes me think I should just find a LR AWD instead.

Anyhow, I'm pretty certain my Model Y won't arrive until 2022 due to the Orlando/Eatonville situation.

Yeah, now that I calculated all the numbers it seems a bit high/crazy. With my trade-in, I'm only losing $1K total (after all taxes/fees) if I had bought the M3SR+ originally rather than buying the ID.4 (with $7500 tax credit) and trading it in for the M3SR+... however... the OTD price makes me think I should just find a LR AWD instead.

Anyhow, I'm pretty certain my Model Y won't arrive until 2022 due to the Orlando/Eatonville situation.
I did reach out to a couple of Tesla centers in Florida and outside of Florida, and they said pretty much the same thing. Changing your center location does affect EDD depending on what center is getting a batch next. Honestly, I would call up Tampa and request to pick up there (it is a scorching spot) and possibly see your date change unless you are purely set on a 2.0 and your M3 purchase. @rogerz & @Timk10, this goes for you as well; you might see a date change.

Like PCMike said, even the M3 SR+ drives like a $60k car....I do not think it is worth spending that nor $50k, sadly. I do believe for price, getting a used M3 LR is better. I can promise you unless you make very long trips, the range should never be an issue. Your MY, on the other hand, is a different story. There is a reason why many people are switching to the MY and why Elon himself said that he is expecting it to shatter M3 records in popularity. I am just a voice of reason :D but at the end of the day, a Tesla is a Tesla; it is an unforgettable ride no matter what you get into. I have seen reviews on the ID.4, and while I think it is excellent for some...my taste says no. No matter your choice, it will be a good choice because you picked it, but I always wanted to share some information I found. I heard some people from Jacksonville (who used to live there) switched their location because the Mall was not getting orders fast enough compared to other sites; Orlando was their best choice, so now I'm curious what they will do.

Every time I read what I am writing, I feel like I am trying to make you change your mind but know that my words and intentions are not; I am all about informed decision making and honestly telling you I went through the same thing...I was going to hold off for 2.0, especially since my MY is the lowest price it was ever sold for, so getting a 2.0 for that price is fantastic but driving the M3 around made me realize NOT to hold off. I think it is a great car, and I do love it. I bought it because I had an ICE car, and I did not want to spend money on the ever-increasing gas price. Also, at the time, I was getting $5,000 more than what I paid for the car, and looking today, I got the best deal possible, which made it even more worth selling, and then I got the best deal on an M3...so everything at the time worked in my favor and made buying the M3 (even if sort lived) worth it.

Still, as the M3 goes, I hate hate hate, and I mean hate how low the seats are and how little room in the back there is for passengers because I have somewhat longer legs, and with the seats being low, the person in the back has no leg OR foot room. I am 36; I consider myself relatively fit, so I do not have issues with my back or something that would make it difficult to sit in low seats; I just personally dislike how low it is. Test driving is one thing; driving daily in it is another, which I think is valuable to know. Everyone will have different opinions on this because some love that sporty feel, but this is my take, and I think it is a car I could not wait until April with, and hopefully, it helps. If you have back issues, know that the M3 is not worth holding off for a 2.0 as it can cause further problems if you do not compensate adequately (just my medical advice :p ); seriously, take care of your back and posture, do it soon.

Another deciding factor was uncertainty. We still have no idea how much range these batteries will add, and it has been discussed publicly that they release more heat, but Elon has said that they have it under control, I believe him. We also do not know how long it will take Texas to produce MYs because we still have not heard anything yet either. April seems like the general timeframe given for the past month, and if something goes wrong and you waited, and they say, Fremont will continue making some MY to help...well, who knows what you get. Chip shortages and just shortages in general lead to a lot of supply chain issues, which can lead to further QC issues. I'm not trying to scare, but many factors play into so many dissions that I had to make. I think Tesla Reps must have me as a "Crazy Caller" because I literally would sit asking them questions, some they can answer and others they have no clue, but one rep said it the best, "Why jump into an unknown when you have the known." I agree with it, enjoy a fabulous MY today, and if later I need or want a 2.0 badly, I would lose less money now than I would later (in my case, I know the M3 will TANK from my $48,000 trade-in value to about $38,000 when tax credits, more miles on the car, and other things play in). I have documents of me just writing pros and cons and keeping my order always wins. I can enjoy my MY now and worry about a 2.0 later or next year or the following, but I can still trade-in for a more demanded car.

If you do not have back issues, if money is not a worry, if the unknown does not scare you (frankly, it shouldn't because everything happens for a reason), and if you just want to party like it is 2020 and COVID never happened, get yourself a TESLA ASAP but always remember, just like COVID...you never know what to expect in the future so...a 2.0 does not mean it is the next greatest. But I can admit to this, walking outside to my Tesla each morning is the best feeling in the world, something my Chevy Spark NEVER EVER did for me. It is incredible how much a car can make you appreciate a drive and want to get out more and do things physically. So, I completely understand if you switch vehicles for the very same reasons, I say do it 10000000000000000%, and I would do it 100000000000% over again but make sure you are okay with some cons with those pros.