Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After your journey, use the couple of weeks to stock up on more Tesla trinkets. 😀
Methinks that SA who unmatched you Thanksgiving did you a huge favor coupled with your extended profile completion. That was just days before the Tesla ultimatum. Tesla might be going after oldest completed orders first, and that may have pushed you out into 2022. If Congress gets this done for a 1/1/2022 effective date, you will nail down a great price plus the tax rebate.

Keep in mind that Tesla has zero friends on either side of the aisle. No republican supports the credit and only a minority of Dems are interested in making the bill retroactive. That only benefits Tesla and all non-union manufacturers.

A reminder for us who took delivery of a Tesla in 2021...
• We qualify for the 30% tax rebate on charger and install costs (form 8911)
• We should qualify for an additional rebate for U.S. battery manufacturer.
and dont forget Canada is claiming fowl on the NAFTA because of the made in America part of the credit. They currently assemble Ford, Chevy, Chryslers, dodge, Lincolns, Honda, and Toyotas to name a few. Only one is a Hybrid but they could take some of the EV from those manufactures
They have to find money from somewhere to cut since 2 Senators still say the bill is too high and the numbers that the house is saying this will cost doesnt add up.

Manchin has already said he wont support the Union part - WV is getting a Toyota plant so he has a big reason to fight it.

Reactions: voxel
I’m thinking it’s a delayed/cancelled order. EDD is now 12/5-12/9

Dang. It's already here. Get your financing in order. MVPA generated will need to go to 3rd party bank if you go that route.

What config again?

When you pick up... tell us how the Eatonville location is looking like. It's really small and I'm hoping they are making more space for cars or enlarging the service garage.

Dang. It's already here. Get your financing in order. MVPA generated will need to go to 3rd party bank if you go that route.

What config again?

When you pick up... tell us how the Eatonville location is looking like. It's really small and I'm hoping they are making more space for cars or enlarging the service garage.
Yeah, excited and a little bummed because of the tax credit.

MYP, MSM, White, no FSD

and dont forget Canada is claiming fowl on the NAFTA because of the made in America part of the credit. They currently assemble Ford, Chevy, Chryslers, dodge, Lincolns, Honda, and Toyotas to name a few. Only one is a Hybrid but they could take some of the EV from those manufactures
They have to find money from somewhere to cut since 2 Senators still say the bill is too high and the numbers that the house is saying this will cost doesnt add up.

Manchin has already said he wont support the Union part - WV is getting a Toyota plant so he has a big reason to fight it.
True all of that, and a bit more...
Tesla Canada is building a battery plant in Ontario. What will be the deal on those batteries?

Strange bedfellows when Manchin and the most progressive team up, and will most likely end up on the short end.

Still,
Tax credit or not, I certainly have no regrets. My all-in price is $9k under the current price, nullifying any tax credit. And I certainly would not want to be a F150 Lightning or Mach E customer waiting around for this to resolve itself...they cannot produce at scale.

For 90% of us, +/- $2-3k, it's a wash...
unless they totally #$&! this up and nothing gets passed.

True all of that, and a bit more...
Tesla Canada is building a battery plant in Ontario. What will be the deal on those batteries?

Strange bedfellows when Manchin and the most progressive team up, and will most likely end up on the short end.

Still,
Tax credit or not, I certainly have no regrets. My all-in price is $9k under the current price, nullifying any tax credit. And I certainly would not want to be a F150 Lightning or Mach E customer waiting around for this to resolve itself...they cannot produce at scale.

For 90% of us, +/- $2-3k, it's a wash...
unless they totally #$&! this up and nothing gets passed.
Unfortunately I got in the game late - I am sitting @ $58,440 for MYLR Red ( which is cheaper than the current White price ) - the $7500 or so tax break would be nice but if I dont get it so be it.
I am so glad I made the decision to buy a M3LR while I am waiting for the MYLR. I would have always wondered if I could have the same experience just cheaper and the answer for me is no.

so far pro of the M3
-- cheaper
-- fun to drive
-- better range than the MYLR by 30 miles

con
-- trunk storage space
-- IMO car is too small overall for a 6-foot-tall person .

I could deal with the trunk space but the other is a deal breaker for me

those may not be issues for anyone else but it is what I have found for my circumstances

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurricane4911
You will not pay tax on the sale of your vehicle. Where are you located? Some places (like FL) actually give you a tax break on trading your car in.

Edit: saw that this is the Florida thread, facepalm. Look and see what Tesla offers you. Basically, you offset the amount of sales tax based on the value of your trade, but that doesn’t apply if you sell to a different vendor.

I’ll use my experience as an example:

Vroom offered me 53K
Tesla offered me 49K
I got a MYP for 63K

In Florida, if I trade my car to Tesla I pay tax on only 14K (63-49) whereas if I sold my car to vroom , I would pay sales tax on the full 63k purchase price. So even though the offer for my car was off by 4K, when you factor in tax differences they were fairly comparable and I decided to go with Tesla for the convenience of it.
Thank you, super helpful! So that is the part of the transaction I understood but what I’m reading in addition to this is that if you profit off the sale of the vehicle, (meaning selling with a Carmax instead of trading directly for vehicle, And you “profit” you have to report it to the IRS when you file your annual taxes.

Have you heard of this?

So for example:
I financed $35k
I paid off $20k
I still owe $15k but Carmax offered me $25k
Do I have to pay capital gains on that “profit” of $15k?

Thanks again!!

Thank you, super helpful! So that is the part of the transaction I understood but what I’m reading in addition to this is that if you profit off the sale of the vehicle, (meaning selling with a Carmax instead of trading directly for vehicle, And you “profit” you have to report it to the IRS when you file your annual taxes.

Have you heard of this?

So for example:
I financed $35k
I paid off $20k
I still owe $15k but Carmax offered me $25k
Do I have to pay capital gains on that “profit” of $15k?

Thanks again!!
NO - you would only have cap. gains if you sold the car for more than the original purchase price.

• Love
Reactions: Dlama002 and voxel
Well, I was suppose to be picking up my MYP tomorrow and got this text message. I called and they said its something small but I'm going to walk in tomorrow and find out what the issue is. Anyone else get a message like this?

78D555DD-E274-41B3-A759-E66CAD3D542E.png

Well, I was suppose to be picking up my MYP tomorrow and got this text message. I called and they said its something small but I'm going to walk in tomorrow and find out what the issue is. Anyone else get a message like this?

View attachment 741414
I called today and apparently the inspection can take 3-4 days after arrival because they’ve added some additional things to inspect. I take this message more as it’s taking longer than initially expected not so much that they found something wrong.

Reactions: pittsy
Well, scheduled delivery for Friday. Had a long discussion with the wife and we decided to just take delivery. Really wanted the EV tax credit, but seems to be unwraveling over the past two days. Hope it still goes through for everyone waiting, and who knows, maybe they’ll make it retroactive again.

Well, scheduled delivery for Friday. Had a long discussion with the wife and we decided to just take delivery. Really wanted the EV tax credit, but seems to be unwraveling over the past two days. Hope it still goes through for everyone waiting, and who knows, maybe they’ll make it retroactive again.
I was wrong it is the USMCA not NAFTA that is being violated

Coparmex and the federal government say the proposed legislation violates the provisions of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), the free trade pact that took effect last year.

“At the Mexican Employers Federation, we agree with what the Economy Ministry [SE] of the Mexican government has said with regard to the Build Back Better Act initiative that proposes granting additional tax credits for electric vehicles – it violates the agreements reached in the USMCA and at the World Trade Organization [WTO],” Coparmex said in a statement Thursday.

“In the specific case of the USMCA, this proposal violates regional content provisions, whose objective is to achieve greater and improved integration in supply chains in North America,” it said, adding that the BBB would discriminate against the automotive industries in both Mexico and Canada.

Clouthier stressed that provisions in BBB are “contrary to regional value content rules agreed to in the USMCA.”

Such rules stipulate that a vehicle made in Mexico with at least 50% regional content must also be considered a locally produced vehicle in the United States and Canada.

I called today and apparently the inspection can take 3-4 days after arrival because they’ve added some additional things to inspect. I take this message more as it’s taking longer than initially expected not so much that they found something wrong.
I had scheduled delivery on 12/4 (Tampa SS), was called 12/2 to say car wasn't arriving until 12/4 and rescheduled for 12/6. Got a call an hour and a half before scheduled pickup saying car hadn't arrived yet and was in Alabama. Now rescheduled for 12/8. I don't think they are spending 3-4 days to inspect unless significant repairs are needed.

I had scheduled delivery on 12/4 (Tampa SS), was called 12/2 to say car wasn't arriving until 12/4 and rescheduled for 12/6. Got a call an hour and a half before scheduled pickup saying car hadn't arrived yet and was in Alabama. Now rescheduled for 12/8. I don't think they are spending 3-4 days to inspect unless significant repairs are needed.

Yes, Tampa does take 3-4 days to prep a newly arrived vehicle. I had the exact same contact from Tampa SC in early November. My car was delayed inbound to Tampa SC for a few days, pushing the delivery date 3 days. Car arrived 3 days late on Tuesday 11/2, picked it up on 11/5...It was a party of folk picking up their cars.

No worries, Tampa is first-rate.

Ft Lauderdale has a 1-2 day turn around