Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is kind of a strange question, and apologies if its been asked before; I’m looking to take delivery of a MYP around July/August. But I also don’t really want to wait so long that more price hikes come. Could I potentially put a deposit down on a MYLR given the longer wait time and switch last minute to a MYP without needing to pay price hikes/losing my deposit? Or does switching specs default you to new prices?

So this is kind of a strange question, and apologies if its been asked before; I’m looking to take delivery of a MYP around July/August. But I also don’t really want to wait so long that more price hikes come. Could I potentially put a deposit down on a MYLR given the longer wait time and switch last minute to a MYP without needing to pay price hikes/losing my deposit? Or does switching specs default you to new prices?

Switching or any design edit triggers latest price.

You could order today and not fill in the registration info and delivery. That’s what I did with my MYP order from Oct. it’s still blank with no EDD. At some point, Tesla will cancel it… I just need to add the info and it will go into the queue before they do.

You could order today and not fill in the registration info and delivery. That’s what I did with my MYP order from Oct. it’s still blank with no EDD. At some point, Tesla will cancel it… I just need to add the info and it will go into the queue before they do.
Thats perfect! If I can delay it at least as long as you did, assuming this three month lead time continues that would put me right around summer for delivery anyways

Reactions: voxel

Do they notify you it’s time to fill in the info or simply cancel?

Does location have any effect on pick up process, or service center repairing anything that arrives not up to par? I have the option of picking up in Coral Gables or Tampa since both are close to family/friends. Not sure what it would affect really but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.

If I didn't live only 10mins away from the Orlando SC (Eatonville), I'd so choose the Tampa SC. The Eatonville location is tiny and overcrowded. The Tampa SC looks like a first-class center located in a giant hanger (well... a mall).

Eatonville definitely needs an expansion, but I’ve had nothing but good luck with both sales and service teams at that location.

Reactions: Cavity and voxel
Once Austin is up and running at full tilt all of these backorders are going to melt away . We are also about to see a bunch of new EV's start to enter the market by the end of 2022 as the chip shortage comes to an end so I think in 2023 we may see the MY start to drop in price and have just a few weeks order time as they switch focus on the CT rollout. So if you aren't ready to take delivery within the next 6 months then just don't order , austin may force your delivery sooner then you think .

Reactions: fl_ev