Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can submit your current insurance card just to prove you are insured then you purchase new insurance starting the day of delivery. once The deal is done, you can cancel your old one and get a refund. Some insurers will allow you to just do a car swap on that date as well. I wouldn’t do it until you actually get a VIN though.
oh I did not know this.

So, I currently have a model 3, I can just take a picture of my Model 3 insurance and submit that on the app? Then bring with me to pick up the new insurance for the model Y?

i got my VIN this morning.

Reactions: PinkWarrior
wow! VIN and pickup on the same day? My SA said my car is "in transit"...and I submitted an updated odometer photo for the trade in and my previous insurance card.
Soooooo..... I my Loan with Tesla expires Aug 6th. My delivery dates was Aug 3-7. I called up Tesla and the guy on the phone said the car is arriving at service center on Aug 2nd. Then he said lets schedule your pickup now before your loan expiration. And he gave me Aug 4th or 5th as option.

Car is already in Tampa. Got a text from my SA, who said I can come anytime to pick it up! I'm going to keep my Saturday appointment so that I don't have to rush after work. But, it's totally killing me knowing it's here!!
Wow! so, it came early? That's promising? Mine is in transit and isn't expected until 8/3-8/7...I keep thinking...man that's a long time from 7/21 until 8/3 to get from Fremont to FL. :)

Reactions: FLTessie