Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a good wheel repair person or shop in the Palm Beach County area? This happened…

I found a place in Deerfield that says for $175 they take the wheel off, repair, powder coat, and mount/balance it again after, but it’s a 2 day process.

I found another place that says they work with dealerships and can come to my house and do it for $200. Obviously this isn’t as detailed a process of the above option.

Looking for other options and other quotes. Also, looking for help deciding on which way to go. I’d really prefer to not have to leave my car somewhere for two days. Any opinions?View attachment 841230
I’m on the cheap side. I would lite sand per the many write ups or videos and use the touch up paint. $20 for all 4 wheels plus you Know this will happen again a week after you pay for the service lol.

Finally EDD of MYP at end of this month (Est Aug 24-28). It was a roller coaster with EDD. Got a text on Friday 12th that the car is shipped but no ETA from the local delivery center in Tampa. Any suggestions for insurance in Tampa area. I'm with State Farm right now and haven't taken a quote yet.

MYP, Blue/Black, Tow, No FSD
Financing from Suncoast CU at 3%
OD June 5, 2022

Finally EDD of MYP at end of this month (Est Aug 24-28). It was a roller coaster with EDD. Got a text on Friday 12th that the car is shipped but no ETA from the local delivery center in Tampa. Any suggestions for insurance in Tampa area. I'm with State Farm right now and haven't taken a quote yet.

OD June 5, 2022
Got a good quote from Progressive for Jacksonville. Almost 25% cheaper than what Geico quoted (my current insurance). How long did it take for you from Vin to shipped notification? Got a vin assigned on the 10th but nothing since then. No MVPA either.

OD June 5, 2022
Same build as you. OD June 12. My current EDD is Aug 20-Sept 1. Haven’t heard anything from them

Got a good quote from Progressive for Jacksonville. Almost 25% cheaper than what Geico quoted (my current insurance). How long did it take for you from Vin to shipped notification? Got a vin assigned on the 10th but nothing since then. No MVPA either.
Around 10 days! Few of my friends got the delivery within few days of shipment notification. Buckle up :)

Any suggestions for Ceramic Tint services in Tampa area?

Last edited:
Reactions: Depwraith
@MYP-May-FL
Mine left the factory on 8/8 and was only given 8/21-8/23 to take delivery.
Not sure if that’s due to transit time or those were their earliest available slots.
Btw, I’m in jax as well.
good luck! Vin was assigned on the 10th but no updates since then. I texted the 510 number, but the Jax Tesla people reaponded with non answers. My edd is still between 25th and 28th.

Might be the quickest Model Y delivery. I spent maybe 10 mins in and out. Registration and plate were already attached when I arrived. Car was on charger too.

I handed off the check and they unlocked the doors. I skimmed the car for a minute for horrible alignment issues and saw nothing obvious so I hit accept lol.

7358AA6B-12A0-4F04-90F6-D872161B214A.jpeg

Reactions: MrBRod and Yelobird
Might be the quickest Model Y delivery. I spent maybe 10 mins in and out. Registration and plate were already attached when I arrived. Car was on charger too.

I handed off the check and they unlocked the doors. I skimmed the car for a minute for horrible alignment issues and saw nothing obvious so I hit accept lol.

View attachment 841974
Congrats!
Question about your check transaction. “Make your final payment” section in the app, did you just leave it untouched?

Congrats!
Question about your check transaction. “Make your final payment” section in the app, did you just leave it untouched?

Yup. I handed the cashier’s check for the full amount and they processed it so I could review docs and accept delivery.

I would have used Plaid to pay normally but this was a special situation (transferred order so I didn’t want to mess with the owner’s account).

Thanks for that info.
Did you get the update door panels?
I have the white interior and it had white accents. If you are talking about the wood panel door changes.. I did not get those (and I don't want them lol). Unsure if the wood door panel trim is for the black or white interior.

This 2022 Y is immaculate compared to my demo Y which was a panel gap mess.

Where’s @Samier_RN and @Hurricane4911 these days? Enjoying their fancy Model Ss? I went to a 3 then back to Y. Next I want a Model S :)

I have the white interior and it had white accents. If you are talking about the wood panel door changes.. I did not get those (and I don't want them lol). Unsure if the wood door panel trim is for the black or white interior.

This 2022 Y is immaculate compared to my demo Y which was a panel gap mess.

Where’s @Samier_RN and @Hurricane4911 these days? Enjoying their fancy Model Ss? I went to a 3 then back to Y. Next I want a Model S :)
Ah man… Samier ended up getting the S? Lol. How long ago did he get it? What did he do with all the other Teslas?