Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where did you see that in writing? i couldn't find this on email nor webpage. it stated a price adjustment. loyalty should consider a credit not adjustment i think.
It’s in the FAQ’s in the email which was sent out:

“Is this offer stackable with Refer and Earn benefits or existing price adjustments?

No. This offer is not stackable with Refer and Earn benefits or existing price adjustments.”

I wonder if some don't use FUSC and also don't want to buy a new Tesla. Can they monetize and sell/transfer their FUSC w/ this promo?
No. (Well maybe, they could sell their car to someone, who could then buy a new Tesla and transfer the FUSC, and after that was done they could buy their car back. But that is a lot of trust and title/tax/license fees.)

you can monetize it.. if you have SC01 - transferrable FUSC.. "sell" current car to buyer, the buyer accepts the SC01 car on their app/Tesla account. This new owner then purchases their new vehicle and transfers FUSC over to it (now the new Tesla has SC05 - non transferrable). The buyer then transfers the original Tesla back to the original owner (probably best to create a new Tesla account to accept the car back).. this is probably easier with friends and family, but it's doable - transferring ownership on the app is easy, and I'd argue that no bill of sale or tax implications are needed

Reactions: dbldwn02 and vickh
you can monetize it.. if you have SC01 - transferrable FUSC.. "sell" current car to buyer, the buyer accepts the SC01 car on their app/Tesla account. This new owner then purchases their new vehicle and transfers FUSC over to it (now the new Tesla has SC05 - non transferrable). The buyer then transfers the original Tesla back to the original owner (probably best to create a new Tesla account to accept the car back).. this is probably easier with friends and family, but it's doable - transferring ownership on the app is easy, and I'd argue that no bill of sale or tax implications are needed
Don't the terms say the owner has to be the registered owner. So you have to get all of the state paperwork done to transfer the title back and forth as well...

1698152967838.png

Don't the terms say the owner has to be the registered owner. So you have to get all of the state paperwork done to transfer the title back and forth as well...

View attachment 984904

Related to the registered owner; does anybody know if the new owner needs to be the same as the original owner? Our current X is eligible for this promo and we are considering swapping for a Y. I'm the registered owner on the X, but because we file taxes separately my partner was planning on buying the Y since she is eligible for the tax credit and I am not. I'll check with Tesla, but curious if anybody knows or has asked Tesla bout this yet?

Related to the registered owner; does anybody know if the new owner needs to be the same as the original owner? Our current X is eligible for this promo and we are considering swapping for a Y. I'm the registered owner on the X, but because we file taxes separately my partner was planning on buying the Y since she is eligible for the tax credit and I am not. I'll check with Tesla, but curious if anybody knows or has asked Tesla bout this yet?
From the FAQ:

1698159534914.png

So, it seems like the legal and registered owner needs to match between the old and new vehicle.

You could probably add your partner as a co-owner and she should still qualify for the tax credit. But you would have to confirm that was OK with Tesla.

Reactions: ngng

The statements I read while going through the digital "paperwork" seemed to indicate that the name(s) on the registration have to be the same.

You could also try to be co-registrants

You'd think..but I feel like nothing is ever simple with Tesla!

After going through the initial purchase process for the Y, with everything having to be done via the app, I was thinking how difficult the process would be for most people over the age of 50ish, unless they're well versed in tech. There's no way my parents could follow the process without outside help.

Reactions: vickh