Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can monetize it.. if you have SC01 - transferrable FUSC.. "sell" current car to buyer, the buyer accepts the SC01 car on their app/Tesla account. This new owner then purchases their new vehicle and transfers FUSC over to it (now the new Tesla has SC05 - non transferrable). The buyer then transfers the original Tesla back to the original owner
You're adding something that isn't a part of this:
"sell" current car to buyer,
This transfer thing doesn't have to sell or move the original car itself. It is just buying the new car, and then effectively sucking the Supercharger status off of the old one. But the old car can still be kept, used, or sold only if you feel like it, but isn't required.

So if you had one Tesla and just wanted to buy a second one, but preferred to have the unlimited Supercharging on the new extra car, that could be a use for that.

Reactions: vickh
I was told when I placed my order said you could not transfer FUSC if you took the loyalty discount. That is also stated in writing.
When I went back to the salesperson and asked him to please verify his information he said what he told me originally was wrong. Well not so much admitted he was wrong (that would be too much to ask), but verified that the $250 discount could not be combined with the transfer.

When I went back to the salesperson and asked him to please verify his information he said what he told me originally was wrong. Well not so much admitted he was wrong (that would be too much to ask), but verified that the $250 discount could not be combined with the transfer.

I'll find out soon. My purchase breakdown shows the $250 discount and I've been given signed forms stating my FUSC will be transferred 72 hours after taking possession of the vehicle. Until payment is finalized there is always the chance the $250 discount can disappear though.

Reactions: Bacalao and ngng
Not if they are discounted.

There are no referrals for existing Tesla owners. I'm not sure if the loyalty discount would prevent the transfer.
This (loyalty discount) is what I'm worried about. Placed the order and without any prompt from me, I see a $250 credit referred to as "referral bonus". I did not ask for it and certainly don't want it if it would prevent the supercharging transfer.

Reactions: Bacalao
Whoa, that is shocking and disturbing. I am surprised they can use the term "transfer", when it is removing something better and creating a new inferior thing to put on the new vehicle. It's not the same thing, so it is not "transferring" it.
I think you're reacting to speculation; no one knows if it will turn to a SC05 or stay SC01. Taking "transfer" at face value, a SC01 will transfer as a SC01.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
I'll find out soon. My purchase breakdown shows the $250 discount and I've been given signed forms stating my FUSC will be transferred 72 hours after taking possession of the vehicle. Until payment is finalized there is always the chance the $250 discount can disappear though.
True. Just got the text from a SA that once the Supercharger Transfer request is approved, the $250 loyalty bonus will be removed. I hope he's right. I would not move forward with the purchase...without that transfer.

I'm in the same situation. Asked the SA to remove the $250 loyalty bonus to avoid any problems with the FUSC transfer. He said they will review the transfer request and remove it if required. I'm not proceeding with the purchase until I have a better assurance that the FUSC transfer is approved.

Reactions: Bacalao
I think a few of us have signed and submitted the form; I don't recall seeing SC01 or SC05 mentioned.
This is a cut and paste from the form:

“4. The transferred free Supercharging will be active while you remain the owner of the new vehicle. If you sell or otherwise transfer ownership of the new vehicle, the transferred free Supercharging will be removedfrom the vehicle and the vehicle will be defaulted to pay per use Supercharging.”

I take it back; just reviewed the form. You're correct; I was wrong.
Hey Chief! Welcome to the forums. I just wanted to give some friendly advice about quotes. You can do multiquote instead of replying to every post individually. Just hit the +Quote button on each post you reply to. It adds it to the reply box at the bottom of the screen. This makes it easier for you and cleaner for everyone else.

Again, welcome to the forums, from a fellow Coloradan!

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Been considering trading the X for a new Y but I think I'm going to hold onto the X for a few more years. I've already have an XCare warranty to 115k / 2028, so that takes care of most of my concerns. My battery/DU warranty expires next year so that's my biggest concern so I will probably buy the XCare battery/DU add on for $4k or so...less than taxes on a new car. Sit tight for a few more years and see if they offer the SC transfer again and hope the Y has been refreshed by then 🤣