Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve not seen someone whose app says “free” (without unlimited) “supercharging”. This was the language used in the agreement we signed but all indications I see are that what we got is the same SC05.
I've had SC05 with my S and it says "free unlimited supercharging" on my app. Last night I saw "free supercharging" on a YouTube video of someone successfully transferred SC to his new car and for a moment thought of the small difference. Not sure if it should be read into...much.

IMG_2833.png

My transfer two weeks ago shows up like this. The option code list shows SC05. So perhaps @coder has the two wordings mixed up? Would be interesting to get the option codes from someone with the other wording in their app.

Last edited:
Agreed. But there are some saying they did get the FSD transfer after 9/30 or have in an email that their order by 9/30 qualifies for the FSD transfer. Definitely not what the Tesla officially stated policy was.

I still think the FSD transfer will get resurrected. Only question is if they ever allow the unlimited supercharging and FSD transfer to coexist. I’m with @booziboy, that is a combination that would be hard to pass up.
I doubt we shall get that combo offer FSD and FUSC free transfer offer. There are probably very few customers who have both. They wont get the big bump they need. Most cars before 2017 did not have FSD capable hardware(I think). They stopped FUSC charging offer after 2018. So how many folks got both. I would think maybe 10,000. How many have already upgraded ..maybe 3000. So for us 7000+ they wont bother.

But for the loyal Tesla fans, Musk should pull this. I have completed his S3XY ownership in the past 9 years.

Most cars before 2017 did not have FSD capable hardware(I think). They stopped FUSC charging offer after 2018
AP2.0 came out in October 2016, I believe. SC01 free supercharging stopped in January 2017. But SC05 free supercharging existed into early 2020. They intermittently stopped free supercharging between 2017 and 2020 but I believe it was offered more often than not for model S and model X.

Reactions: hybridbear
AP2.0 came out in October 2016, I believe. SC01 free supercharging stopped in January 2017. But SC05 free supercharging existed into early 2020. They intermittently stopped free supercharging between 2017 and 2020 but I believe it was offered more often than not for model S and model X.
Very true. Or they could make the offer to transfer both limited to make a distinction between the SC01 & the SC05 cars. The ones they really want off the road are the SC01 cars. SC05 cars are a much smaller expense long-term.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It was very helpful. Although I had ordered a new Model X the next day I received the supercharging transfer offer, the delivery window has now been pushed back from "November - December" to "December 19 - February 13." Since both the supercharging transfer and the federal tax credit are now at risk, I am considering canceling the order. My current 2016 AP1 Model X is still running fine (only 85K miles) and is fully paid off. Perhaps I can get a few more years out of it and keep one more SC01 car on the road.

Reactions: chillaban
Thanks to everyone who responded. It was very helpful. Although I had ordered a new Model X the next day I received the supercharging transfer offer, the delivery window has now been pushed back from "November - December" to "December 19 - February 13." Since both the supercharging transfer and the federal tax credit are now at risk, I am considering canceling the order. My current 2016 AP1 Model X is still running fine (only 85K miles) and is fully paid off. Perhaps I can get a few more years out of it and keep one more SC01 car on the road.
Why is the tax credit at risk? Doesn't it improve next year to be a point of sale discount of $7500? And Tesla has already said that if you can't take delivery by 12/31 you're still eligible for the FUSC transfer as long as you placed an order that was originally anticipated to deliver before 12/31. Just confirm that in writing with your local delivery team.

Why is the tax credit at risk? Doesn't it improve next year to be a point of sale discount of $7500? And Tesla has already said that if you can't take delivery by 12/31 you're still eligible for the FUSC transfer as long as you placed an order that was originally anticipated to deliver before 12/31. Just confirm that in writing with your local delivery team.
That's what I thought but here's the email from the delivery team, "In regards to the federal tax credit, You will need to take delivery of the car by the end of day on December 31st in order to qualify. That is the federal government stipulation."

The battery sourcing requirements become more stringent. Most of us speculate and believe that Tesla will qualify under the new requirements but Tesla has not confirmed that nor will IRS officially publish guidelines until next year.

Reactions: Bigriver