Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Customers must take delivery of their new Model S, Model X or Model Y by December 31, 2023."
Do you read the rest?

Note: Tesla will make an exception and honor your free Supercharging transfer request after the December 31, 2023 deadline if all of the following conditions are met:
  • You are eligible for the free Supercharging transfer program and agreed to the program’s terms and conditions in writing by December 31, 2023.
  • You were provided with a delivery window in 2023 at the time you placed your order.
  • Your order is for an in-production vehicle available in North America.
  • Tesla did not have a vehicle with your exact configuration available for you to take delivery by December 31, 2023.

Reactions: EVChris
On their support page for the offer: https://www.tesla.com/support/supercharger-transfer

They wouldn't qualify. They would need to find a configuration they could order that shows an estimated delivery date prior to 2024.
Just to clarify: if you happen to find and take delivery of an inventory model in this year it would still work out. IMO it’s risky though given how scarce inventory X’s are right now.

As long as the inventory vehicle did not have any discounts applied to it.
Right, I was able to get a sales associate to confirm that they can take the discount away from an inventory vehicle to make it eligible. Unfortunately I think at that point the value proposition is questionable — if an inventory car has a few thousand dollars of discount, you’d need to supercharge for years in the metro LA/SF area to recuperate thousands in supercharging savings.

Reactions: brkaus and MP3Mike
Could discounts be removed from the inventory vehicle in order to qualify for the FUSC transfer?
I don't know that I have seen anyone ask Tesla to do that.
There were already reports of that being done by several people on earlier pages in this thread. Or rather, the customers didn't request it specifically, but Tesla removed the discounts to make the transfer go through successfully.

Right, I was able to get a sales associate to confirm that they can take the discount away from an inventory vehicle to make it eligible. Unfortunately I think at that point the value proposition is questionable — if an inventory car has a few thousand dollars of discount, you’d need to supercharge for years in the metro LA/SF area to recuperate thousands in supercharging savings.
The situation where I thought it might be worthwhile would be to get an inventory car that has USS if there are any left that have USS.

Ohhhh, not even on the S or X? Didn't they keep USS longer?

Yeah so the 3 and Y got USS removed before they got HW4. On the S/X it looks like they got USS removed at the exact time they got HW4. So you can get a refresh S/X with HW3 and USS, or HW4 and no USS.

I think the situation for the 3/Y with HW3 and no USS is especially bleak. HW4 at least has better cameras, more processing power, and they potentially can do something interesting with Phoenix radar to deal with the front blind spot.

I doubt we shall get that combo offer FSD and FUSC free transfer offer. There are probably very few customers who have both. They wont get the big bump they need. Most cars before 2017 did not have FSD capable hardware(I think). They stopped FUSC charging offer after 2018. So how many folks got both. I would think maybe 10,000. How many have already upgraded ..maybe 3000. So for us 7000+ they wont bother.

But for the loyal Tesla fans, Musk should pull this. I have completed his S3XY ownership in the past 9 years.
I got my S in 2018 that came with FUSC; I bought FSD for $3K or $4K and got the HW3.0 upgrade. I've placed an order for the MX-LR with the hope of FUSC transfer and keeping the S. If the FSD offer comes back someday, I'll trade it in for a low-priced M3 or pre-ordered CT (if timing works out) and transfer the FSD to the MX-LR; if this works as expected, I'll succeed in getting both the FUSC and FSD onto the new MX-LR (tax edition).

If the FSD offer comes back someday, I'll trade it in for a low-priced M3 or pre-ordered CT (if timing works out) and transfer the FSD to the MX-LR; if this works as expected, I'll succeed in getting both the FUSC and FSD onto the new MX-LR (tax edition).
Nope, you can' do that. You can only transfer to the new vehicle that you are purchasing, not any existing vehicle you own. (Of course, terms of future transfer offers could differ.)

Ok, I thought you wanted to transfer FUSC from a lease to a purchased car. They would likely let you transfer FUSC from your current car to a leased one, but do they even allow you to to buy at the end of the lease? (I know they don't for the Model 3&Y, I thought they stopped for the S&X as well.)

From the leasing FAQ:

View attachment 984714
Tesla doesn't allow lease purchases. I'd definitely buy a new Tesla and transfer my FUSC if they did since i don't qualify for the federal rebate..I'm waiting to see if they change the rule before the year ends to decide.