Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla did say FSD depends on regulatory approval when you purchased the car. They never promised Beta invites. Beta tag can be labeled forever. Autopilot is still in Beta. It's just Open Beta for everyone that purchasd it. Maybe sometime in the future all FSD owners will get FSD beta once it's open for all. Right now it's considered Closed Beta to invites only so just gotta wait.

Tesla did say FSD depends on regulatory approval when you purchased the car. They never promised Beta invites. Beta tag can be labeled forever. Autopilot is still in Beta. It's just Open Beta for everyone that purchasd it. Maybe sometime in the future all FSD owners will get FSD beta once it's open for all. Right now it's considered Closed Beta to invites only so just gotta wait.

They should not have made the FSD Beta queue button available for these cars then. We’re driving around like grandmas for no reason if our cars aren’t compatible. Tell me that’s not a little messed up?

They should not have made the FSD Beta queue button available for these cars then. We’re driving around like grandmas for no reason if our cars aren’t compatible. Tell me that’s not a little messed up?
I agree, but I believe they do have plans to give them beta. Let's hope next Friday you will get it. I would have just hid the button if I was leading that team.

I work in software. 500 Million users. It's hard to hit everything for everyone. We ship bugs all the time. Maybe Apple is better and Android users will have to suffer a bit. Maybe Stadia users don't get anything since users are low.

Someone at Tesla probably saw more users on new cars so didn't work on older cars. Maybe they'll be in sync soon and older cars can get the software.

No one will think and act for small population of early adapters. They follow the money.

I agree. So I was 100 for the longest time, had a few hard braking events and the usual "aggresive turning" so I'm now at a 99. While I could (have) gone for long unneccessary drives to push it to 100, there's simply no point. Why play the game if there's nothing to be gained?

...but at the same time not trying to go any lower so that if indeed 10.3 allows for AP2 camera owners to "ascend" to Beta greatness, I don't want to be left behind!

Oh what a conundrum. 😰

While Elon's latest tweet states ALL CARS with a 99/100 will receive 10.3 on Friday, he could be speaking to the group of 100's that was left behind in the first rollout. OR he could subtly be stating that AP2.0 drivers will be included on Friday, OR (and most likely) none of the above, he doesn't know about AP2.0 being left, or likely really even gives an sh*t. Trying to negatively keep my hopes low to not be disappointed. :|

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
He also tweeted MCU2 not needed

MCU (infotainment computer) upgrade not recommended imo. Isn’t needed for full self-driving & cost is ~$2k for limited entertainment improvements. ~ Elon Musk 4:45 PM · Dec 18, 2019

I’m sure by the time it “wide releases” to the fleet they will have figured out MCU1 cars. I believe the HW3 computer can take care of all the driving but Elon has already confirmed limited visualization with MCU1 but full functionality.

MCU1 cars did not get the button so it makes sense not to get the beta but MCU2 cars did so they should be following the same beta firmware upgrade path as AP2.5 MCU2 cars if they are functionally identical according to Tesla. We’ll see on Friday if he really meant ALL cars.