Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The concern with opting out, in my opinion, is that you get an update on your vehicle and the request button is gone never to return. I just opted back in for that reason. I figure by the time we get the camera issue sorted out it will include safety scores of 90 and above anyway. I’m just gonna drive the usual way I drive.
Can’t you just not update the software to avoid losing the opt in ability? That’s my initial plan. Obviously, if this drags on indefinitely (highly likely), this is a trade off you have to do cost benefit analysis on.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Can’t you just not update the software to avoid losing the opt in ability? That’s my initial plan. Obviously, if this drags on indefinitely (highly likely), this is a trade off you have to do cost benefit analysis on.
Or they may reach some some unannounced limit on 10.X Beta, say at 10,000 or 20,000 or something, and say no more will be added. Then we're all out of it anyway until FSD Alpha. My issue to being tracked 24/7 was I was getting bummed out driving like my grandmother going to church. What's the sense of having a sports sedan and not being able take a country road at speed, or blowing past a loud Chevy Camaro at a light. ;>)

On my 3, I just got the remote camera view on the app as well as the ability to dial in the amps and scheduled charging time and it's a great update. Prior to this "camera-gate," my MCU1/AP2 to MCU2/HW3/AP2 Model X was receiving all of the latest updates. It seems like we're the red-head step child at the moment at Tesla with folks just putting us "in the parking lot" to deal with later. I really wanted FSD beta, now all I want is basic software updates. I do have faith that Tesla will address of this eventually. I just wish we had communication and a glide path

LOL - no, it's a tweet.

Was trying to think like he does might but have no frame of reference, especially where I could speak half-way intelligently. Thats not business or finances or cryptocurrency. He's made spiritual references on several quotes so I suspect at least a small interest in spiritual things if not more.

I'm just half trying to get his interest - make him.laugh, mention a topic he likes and I can talk to - kind of like a conversation starter with someone you just met. Figure it might help get a real response, but likely not.
Lol I didn't even realize it was you that wrote it. It just sounded like a death threat, if the tweeter didn't get their FSD😅

On my 3, I just got the remote camera view on the app as well as the ability to dial in the amps and scheduled charging time and it's a great update. Prior to this "camera-gate," my MCU1/AP2 to MCU2/HW3/AP2 Model X was receiving all of the latest updates. It seems like we're the red-head step child at the moment at Tesla with folks just putting us "in the parking lot" to deal with later. I really wanted FSD beta, now all I want is basic software updates. I do have faith that Tesla will address of this eventually. I just wish we had communication and a glide path
If we can’t get FSD Beta then I want the Sentry live cameras in the app. But the problem is that if we opt out there’s no guarantee that we will get that update. And if we stay opted in it appears we’ll get no updates until we get FSD Beta, which is currently never.

If we can’t get FSD Beta then I want the Sentry live cameras in the app. But the problem is that if we opt out there’s no guarantee that we will get that update. And if we stay opted in it appears we’ll get no updates until we get FSD Beta, which is currently never.
I glad that I only paid $99 for a month FSD subscription. took 2 weeks to get FSD button. By the time I get done with the safety ratings I'll be out of subscription (no desire to renew)
My only concern now is that they'll charge me for the new cameras (although I paid for MCU3 and HW3 upgrades) when I ready to subscribe again,

Should camera upgrade have been part of MCU2 upgrade or is it more HW3 related?

Adding nothing to this thread that hasn't already been said better by others:

I'm in the same boat.

I've also had an unrelated "hot" (literally to the touch) rear/trunk camera since the MCU2 upgrade. I had a service appointment scheduled for 11/10 from a few months back, hoping they'd just fix it remotely via software, but decided to cancel it once the news came out that AP2 cameras aren't going to get FSD Beta. I figure I'll have them take a look at it at the same time the other cameras are replaced, which I am "patiently" waiting for.

Or they may reach some some unannounced limit on 10.X Beta, say at 10,000 or 20,000 or something, and say no more will be added. Then we're all out of it anyway until FSD Alpha. My issue to being tracked 24/7 was I was getting bummed out driving like my grandmother going to church. What's the sense of having a sports sedan and not being able take a country road at speed, or blowing past a loud Chevy Camaro at a light. ;>)
I hear you. Nobody knows. Once again, easily solved with Tesla giving us a plan or assurance we won’t miss out on Beta. But alas, just crickets…

I have a 75S with upgraded MCU2, HW3 and AP3, but AP2 cameras and no FSD beta at initial 100 nor subsequent 99 score. So last Saturday I tried to schedule a camera upgrade with service using the app and within a few hours I received a message that they are currently not set up for this and were therefore canceling my appointment. I called customer service and talked to a gentlemen who indicated he was unaware of the issue but would look up my specifics (VIN, HW, AP, etc.) and check on the status of cameras if I would stay on the phone. In about 5-10 min he returned and indicated that yes, I would need to get the camera(s) update; that there was no plan or schedule at the moment but it would be covered in the FSD package and that Tesla would send an email out when they were available. I informed him that I wanted to "turn off" Safety Score in the interim, and asked if that was possible and if it could be restarted when the cameras were updated. He replied yes. I "opted out" that day and my Safety Score immediately did not record any miles for that day. By the next day, Safety Score was no longer available in the app. I do however still have the "opt in" button under Autopilot and presume it will start the whole process over again. My thought right now is to monitor conversations as to the availability of camera installations and to schedule a service appointment every few weeks until I get in, even if I don't hear by email.
You obviously followed proper procedure. However, since this person was totally in the dark about the cameras issue, doesn’t it make you wonder how he would know that you could safely turn off Safety Score and get back in later? Since the introduction of Model 3 I have found the overworked Service Center to often have no information or provide information that is later proven wrong.

Tesla’s lack of communication is both external and internal. For example, my Service Center’s appointment cancellation message said I should keep checking Tesla.com to get updates on camera availability. Yours said they would email you. My guess is neither Service Center has any information about future communication but they try to provide info and hate to tell us they too are in the dark. I’ll bet this forum will let you know when the update is available before anyone at Tesla so please keep checking here. Rescheduling an appointment every month or so is my plan but realize some people might be concerned that the Service Center won’t be amused.

Last edited:
Reactions: hybridbear
Tesla’s lack of communication is both external and internal.
Yup, very true!
I made the appointment for the cameras update immediately following Elon's tweet.
Following morning SC calls me to cancel the appointment and told me that they just found out about the need for a camera upgrade via Twitter that morning... and had no additional information other than Elon's tweet.
Crazy!

Reactions: Dr Doom
I made the appointment for the cameras update immediately following Elon's tweet.
Following morning SC calls me to cancel the appointment and told me that they just found out about the need for a camera upgrade via Twitter that morning... and had no additional information other than Elon's tweet.
Crazy!
It took a long time to get new FSD computer installed for Model 3s too. We all made appointments that got cancelled.

Tweets are "suggestions" by CEO. Someone has to figure out how to do it, get the parts ready, send training / steps to the service department etc.

Think of Elon tweets as a statement of intention - much like what the President would say in a press conference or state of the union address. Do you think all those things get done the next day ?

I think everyone that purchases FSD deserves to have it carried forward to one additional new Tesla for free after it is no longer beta. And before it is completed it should be transferred to an unlimited number of new Tesla autos, only one active FSD though. This would mean private selling a Tesla would result in FSD being removed. I am shocked at the lack of empathy for all the true early adopters from 5+ years ago from Tesla.

It took a long time to get new FSD computer installed for Model 3s too. We all made appointments that got cancelled.

Tweets are "suggestions" by CEO. Someone has to figure out how to do it, get the parts ready, send training / steps to the service department etc.

Think of Elon tweets as a statement of intention - much like what the President would say in a press conference or state of the union address. Do you think all those things get done the next day ?
I mean fair point, but the issue is that often times Elon will just tweet or make statements off the cuff that blindsides everyone, including his own team, as is the case here with cameras. If we’re talking about POTUS, my guess is those statements are carefully worded and vetted with plenty of folks in the know with a plan to bring about action. It would have been better to say something like “we know we have folks out there that can’t get into the beta, we know what the problem is, and we’re working on a solution with more info to come” as opposed to “yeah they’ll need new cams”.

I mean fair point, but the issue is that often times Elon will just tweet or make statements off the cuff that blindsides everyone, including his own team, as is the case here with cameras.
Absolutely nothing wrong with statement of intent. May be he should add - "we'll let you know when the service centers are ready".

If we’re talking about POTUS, my guess is those statements are carefully worded and vetted with plenty of folks in the know with a plan to bring about action.
LOL. State of the union would be vetted - but not for "action" but for political impact. Answers to questions in a presser could definitely be off the cuff and send the aides scrambling. They do prep the POTUS for likely questions but all pressers - even by very disciplined presidents like Obama - let alone a Trump or Biden, will have some scrambling by aides. It might take years before some of those (if ever) are implemented by agencies / departments.

ps : May be some people would be confused - but regulars on this forum would know it takes take to arrange these things and won't happen automagically soon after the tweet, right ?

Reactions: scottf200

Reactions: Cheburashka

Story written by someone with no understanding of WTF he's talking about.

From the link said:
If these cars will only attain autonomous driving with Project Dojo chips, why expose so many people to software that can’t do its job without the proper hardware, which is yet to be developed?

he thinks Dojo is a chip that goes in the car.

Don't waste your time on the story.