Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we're talking about updates, here is what I have with TeslaMate for the past 10 months
1639697493555.png

No idea when the button came out, but I opted in the first hour it was possible

Since we're talking about updates, here is what I have with TeslaMate for the past 10 months
View attachment 745112

No idea when the button came out, but I opted in the first hour it was possible
Button was on 9/25 with 32.22
The top four upgrades on your list happened to me in the same timeframe, from 9/25 to the back to back at the beginning of November and nothing else since.

I opted back out of the beta about a week ago, and so far I still haven’t received any updates. Still stuck on 36.5.8.
Sure seems like we are stuck in limbo.
Doesn’t give me a lot of hope in receiving the mythical Christmas update this year either….

I got the 36.5.1, 36.5.5 and 36.5.6 back to back at the beginning of November (no difference whatsoever between the 3 revs)
But been stuck on 5.6 since then.

I'm similarly stuck and normally get OTA within a week of new ones coming out.

cmWJnwu.jpg

As in if it's set to 2 (cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS"), potentially the vehicle could get recognized as eligible for FSD Beta inclusion with the caveat of "locking up bug" of Autopilot/GPS not working with non-FSD-Beta software? How difficult and "bad" for daily driving would this be for somebody to test out (assuming FSD Beta acceptance won't normally happen "soon")? I guess it doesn't help that FSD Beta additions haven't happened since Dec 2nd.
Nope, due to Tesla leaving my car in that state I've thoroughly tested that scenario at this point. Setting that field alone does not get you in the beta. And driving for a few days with a non-functional AP is annoying (mostly because GPS doesn't work, screen auto brightness doesn't work...)

With that said, I finally did some more digging into the APE firmware and can 100% confirm now that Tesla does NOT recognize our cars with updated cameras (IE, HW3 + RCCB Cameras + "old" EPAS + Bosch radar) as a valid config. And yes, they check the radar type, the EPAS type, AND the camera type to validate the config.. and if it comes back invalid it just infinite loops... literally while true 🤦‍♂️)

It's a 5 minute fix to a script in the APE firmware called "detect-vehicle-config", but... they haven't included it any of the APE fw versions I've been able to take look at so far.

Maybe I should try a test that will really break my car... Figure out how to change my EPAS config, my radar config AND my camera config and see if they push me the beta... then change it back and use it :D (I doubt the car would be drivable in this state)

With that said, I finally did some more digging into the APE firmware and can 100% confirm now that Tesla does NOT recognize our cars with updated cameras (IE, HW3 + RCCB Cameras + "old" EPAS + Bosch radar) as a valid config. And yes, they check the radar type, the EPAS type, AND the camera type to validate the config.. and if it comes back invalid it just infinite loops... literally while true 🤦‍♂️)
Seems a bit ironic if FSDBeta doesn't use radar that they would have that in the checks. Certainly, reasons I'm overlooking.

Also curious about the "old" Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) being required which I've only heard about as having power redundancy.

Zb6KfIH.jpg

Table via: Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap

Nope, due to Tesla leaving my car in that state I've thoroughly tested that scenario at this point. Setting that field alone does not get you in the beta. And driving for a few days with a non-functional AP is annoying (mostly because GPS doesn't work, screen auto brightness doesn't work...)

It's a 5 minute fix to a script in the APE firmware called "detect-vehicle-config", but... they haven't included it any of the APE fw versions I've been able to take look at so far.

Maybe I should try a test that will really break my car... Figure out how to change my EPAS config, my radar config AND my camera config and see if they push me the beta... then change it back and use it :D (I doubt the car would be drivable in this state)
Have you emailed this info to fsdbeta team? It's not that they wouldn't know this, but I imagine they have their hands full and this is possibly just being overlooked?

New cars don't have radar, so how is that different than having the old radar.

Reactions: fcastrillo86
New cars don't have radar, so how is that different than having the old radar.
They're not using this check to make sure hardware is present that's required; they're using it to "fingerprint" your car and make sure its config is "valid". Currently, the model3 and model y checks allow for a "no radar" config. The model s/x checks do not.

FWIW, as far as I can tell, if your car has radar, even FSD beta FWs will still use it.

Slightly off topic, but for anyone still stuck on 32.22 if you opt out, connect to WiFi, and manually check for an update on the software tab it should pull 36.5.1 at minimum.

It wasn't being pushed to me automatically it seems but I had to manually "check for updates" via the Software tab to pull it.
I have tried almost everything, argued with both support online and service center with no success getting new updates. I thought I would try your suggested method. But before opting out I just changed from advanced software to standard and then back to advanced the software almost immediately started to download. Installing 2021.36.5.1 now. Hopefully I will be unstuck now. Not getting beta, cameras and no updates was really bumming me out. 1 problem down 2 to go.

I’m guessing we’re SOL on the holiday fun release “maybe” coming Tuesday. I would be surprised if any of us with the cam upgrade get invited to 10.8.
I had the same
Thought this morning. I highly doubt we see anything on Tuesday. :(

But maybe, just maybe, we’ll be pleasantly surprised next week. Im not gonna hold me breath though….

Reactions: scarelli
What is your guess, why your cars don’t get the fsd beta?
-Tesla doesn’t know about the situation?
-Tesla doesn’t care?
-Problem is not easy to fix (why?)?
Sadly, this issue hasn't probably risen high enough for the engineering team to devote a minimum of resources to address it. Admittedly I'm sure they're busy with the tremendous workload I'm sure they have. It's very disappointing.

What is your guess, why your cars don’t get the fsd beta?
-Tesla doesn’t know about the situation?
-Tesla doesn’t care?
-Problem is not easy to fix (why?)?
The fact our cars supposedly are so reliant on software fixes by engineers in Fremont makes it really tough to get certain issues resolved. I have had the updated cameras for FSD Beta access for over a month but the next/last steps cannot be completed by the local service center. It supposedly requires totally inaccessible engineers in Fremont to fix.

Another example: For a couple years I have watched YouTube TV every week while waiting to pick up my flight attendant wife returning from trips but now it seems to require a web browser fix — it has been broken for nearly a month! — and of course the local service center simply says it requires intervention by those inaccessible engineers in Fremont.

In both instances I cannot find out if either issue truly is being addressed in Fremont, much less get any estimate of when either issue will be resolved. Love my Teslas but hate Tesla Black Hole service!

Last edited: