Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that looks awful. Hard pass.

It looks like no one is going directly from 36.5.1 to 44.25 without 44.6 first so crossing my fingers that I get 44.6.
@Lowchrg
Still waiting for 44.6 as well. It seems a few of us Early Adopters aren't even getting the NON FSD updates. I'm still 36.5.6. I have a 120 mile drive on Dec 30th to Service Center to get 4 new tires. I'm going to try and get 44.6 pushed to me then. I'm not even going to waste my breath asking about 10.8 since they don't know anything about that.

Teslafi firmware tracker is currently showing that some folks that had 36.5.6 got the upgrade straight to 44.25.2. The remaining owners still on 36.5.6 are mostly Model S, with a few X and 3s sprinkled in there. It's not much, but at least it gives us OG S/X folks hope that we won't be stuck in 36.x.x for much longer (hopefully).

What if you bought the car used with FSD? Does that put you at the back of the line?
I bought a 2017 X with FSD through Tesla in October of 2020 and was in the first batch of invites (invited on 11/8) for camera upgrades.

I have had the camera upgrade for 6 weeks. I am still on 2021.36.5.1. I have not seen anyone with a camera upgrade getting any updates, let alone an FSD update.
I am in the same boat, I am on 2021.36.5.6. I had the camera upgrade done a couple weeks ago (took 2-3 hours for those wondering) and no activity since with firmware or FSD enrollment. My wife's car (3, EAP w/o FSD) has received numerous updates in that time frame.

@Lowchrg
Still waiting for 44.6 as well. It seems a few of us Early Adopters aren't even getting the NON FSD updates. I'm still 36.5.6. I have a 120 mile drive on Dec 30th to Service Center to get 4 new tires. I'm going to try and get 44.6 pushed to me then. I'm not even going to waste my breath asking about 10.8 since they don't know anything about that.

Yeah there is no rhyme or reason to the updates. I have a "FSD" 2016.5 MS and I got both 44.6 and now V11.

I hate V11 but installed anyway since will need to get used to it in order to get new features.

Still keeping fingers crossed for a camera install invite. Looks like there haven't been any new invites in almost a month.

Reactions: Saxman
Teslafi firmware tracker is currently showing that some folks that had 36.5.6 got the upgrade straight to 44.25.2. The remaining owners still on 36.5.6 are mostly Model S, with a few X and 3s sprinkled in there. It's not much, but at least it gives us OG S/X folks hope that we won't be stuck in 36.x.x for much longer (hopefully).

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff I really just want 44.6 but I’m at the point where I’ll take anything given to me.

Feeling like a true Tesla cuck and I hate it.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff I really just want 44.6 but I’m at the point where I’ll take anything given to me.

Feeling like a true Tesla cuck and I hate it.
You and me both! It's been nearly 8 weeks since I got put onto 2021.36.5.6, and this now matches my longest wait for an update. the last big wait I had was a 7 week gap between 2021.4.18.2 to 2021.12.25.7 (sky force reloaded came in this one).

@Lowchrg

I'm with you.
Does 44.25 have the new autopark included, or is that just in 44.6. I don’t want to give up Tesla Vision AutoPark and get Arcade Games that I'll never use.

Yes it has vision autopark in it as well.

The new UI is a total dumpster fire though. It's just absolutely awful.

Yes it has vision autopark in it as well.
Not sure everyone feels that way. I've used it a few times and it works well for all my use cases. I like having my energy screen and other options with quick access on the bottom. I don't need to change my seat heater often (it's been on low since it has gotten cold here). There are simple voice commands to change it if I don't want to press the now closer HVAC icon to bring up dialog and then either of the two options then (the old button style button or the graphical seat). I've seen a lot of hyperbolizing just like past releases.

Not sure everyone feels that way. I've used it a few times and it works well for all my use cases. I like having my energy screen and other options with quick access on the bottom. I don't need to change my seat heater often (it's been on low since it has gotten cold here). There are simple voice commands to change it if I don't want to press the now closer HVAC icon to bring up dialog and then either of the two options then (the old button style button or the graphical seat). I've seen a lot of hyperbolizing just like past releases.

They removed a bunch of stuff.. seat heater is annoying now for sure but the absolute worst part for me is the fact that you can't quickly cancel the seat movement when you get into the car.

So I grab my wife's keys, get in, car proceeds to crush me until I go into a menu and stop her seat profile. Used to have a cancel button before.

I actually do like that they brought some color back into the UI but I find all the buttons are microscopic, there's lots of blank space, and too many things buried in menus.

Dumpster fire.

They removed a bunch of stuff.. seat heater is annoying now for sure but the absolute worst part for me is the fact that you can't quickly cancel the seat movement when you get into the car.

So I grab my wife's keys, get in, car proceeds to crush me until I go into a menu and stop her seat profile. Used to have a cancel button before.
Can't you just tap one of the seat controls with your left hand to stop it? (I haven't tried that since I don't use auto profiles, but I've been told that using the controls stops the auto-adjustments.)

Just got 25.2 on my Model X.

First impression: The UI/UX sort of feels unfinished or rushed.

Why are the bottom row of icons so small compared to the amount of blank black space? With icons do small, they could have easily added names under each icon.

Why is there blank space on the right side of the bottom black menu? The icons should be evenly spaced.

The spacing and sizing all through the menus seems odd. I’m not sure, but it feels like everything is stretched out in an odd way.

I like the new font on the IC. But why didn’t they make ANY other changes to the IC at all? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

I don’t think the new audio screens are immediately intuitive. To be honest, I think it’s all a lot more confusing trying to select music sources and quickly changing to favorite or recently played stations.

I’ll take the car for a drive tomorrow and really spend time with the new interface. But first impression is that the interface needs lots of polish.

Not sure I understand why you are grabbing your wife's keys instead of your own but I have heard of other uses cases where the husband & wife travel together and the wife gets to the car first so it uses her (phone) profile and seat positioning. In any event, it seems like this general use case is something that could be resolved.

I see a lot of folks don't like it. For me, it is fine. Maybe that is because I almost always use voice commands since I don't like rummaging through the interface while driving. On the few occasions I go in there, it was ok, but yea, I hear a lot of complaints.

Last edited: