Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replied to the same thread and asked again, no response this time.

Definitely appreciated. But also a bit curious - isn't he like the top engineer? And he doesn't know without checking? If so it makes me wonder who (if anybody) is calling the shots. Maybe it's really "status quo" and nobody knows, or bothered to flip the switch allowing beta FSD deliveries on our cameragraded cars.

Might explain Musk's silence as well. Don't know, don't care, won't check.

Hope he at least talks to us. It's their silence that is the most frustrating. Tech issues happen - we get that. But there's no excuse to be an a-hole about talking to us.

Definitely appreciated. But also a bit curious - isn't he like the top engineer? And he doesn't know without checking? If so it makes me wonder who (if anybody) is calling the shots. Maybe it's really "status quo" and nobody knows, or bothered to flip the switch allowing beta FSD deliveries on our cameragraded cars.

Might explain Musk's silence as well. Don't know, don't care, won't check.

Hope he at least talks to us. It's their silence that is the most frustrating. Tech issues happen - we get that. But there's no excuse to be an a-hole about talking to us.
Exactly. No news is worse than bad news. With bad news at least we know and can stop worrying (or join a class action against Tesla).

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Definitely appreciated. But also a bit curious - isn't he like the top engineer? And he doesn't know without checking? If so it makes me wonder who (if anybody) is calling the shots.

Karpathy is head of AI. He has nothing to do with retrofitting existing fleet with updated cameras (beyond perhaps having confirmed from the software side that doing that is needed for older cars)

Retrofit stuff would be handled be management in logistics and supply (to line up parts) and service to arrange installs and set feature flags on each car when it's upgraded.

Karpathy is head of AI. He has nothing to do with retrofitting existing fleet with updated cameras (beyond perhaps having confirmed from the software side that doing that is needed for older cars)

Which is why I only asked about camera retrofitted cars still being excluded from FSD Beta, although I still don't have camera retrofit invite. That would be supply chain and service teams.

Which is why I only asked about camera retrofitted cars still being excluded from FSD Beta, although I still don't have camera retrofit invite. That would be supply chain and service teams.
Again Karpathy is head of AI. Ashok is more the head of AP and Milan is in charge of hardware integration. (At least that is how I understand things from the AI day presentation.) So Karpathy would likely have to check with them on the status of things.

Not sure everyone feels that way. I've used it a few times and it works well for all my use cases. I like having my energy screen and other options with quick access on the bottom. I don't need to change my seat heater often (it's been on low since it has gotten cold here). There are simple voice commands to change it if I don't want to press the now closer HVAC icon to bring up dialog and then either of the two options then (the old button style button or the graphical seat). I've seen a lot of hyperbolizing just like past releases.

Not sure I understand why you are grabbing your wife's keys instead of your own but I have heard of other uses cases where the husband & wife travel together and the wife gets to the car first so it uses her (phone) profile and seat positioning. In any event, it seems like this general use case is something that could be resolved.

This user did a really nice overview of the horizontal screen v11 interface and their perceived philosophies behind it. Yes, I realize what thread I'm in but still thought it was useful. There are some features that work on our vertical screens. Example like swipe up from the bottom anywhere along that lower area (ie. try far right corner)

One interesting point was that for the situation with multiple FOBs/cards/phones entering the car at the same time or one after the other ... just set all [or just shorter folks] the profiles to use 'easy entry' then the seat is back for everyone and will automatically adjust. I tested this with my SOs profile. [note: had to drive 1" and put in Park as manual states]

Jbvioso.jpg

Our camera install appt just got pushed back from this Thursday to January 10th. I sent a message to ask which camera(s) have not yet arrived that they are pushing our appointment back. This is the 3rd time it is being pushed back due to back-ordered cameras.
Same here. 1st appt was for 12/14, they moved it to 12/30.
12/30 didn’t work for me so I moved it to 12/27.
Then they moved it to 1/12 and told me specifically if I need to reschedule to only do so for a later date and not to move it any earlier.
I also asked why can’t mobile do it, and hey told me flat out because they don’t.
I’m getting quite annoyed.

Same here. 1st appt was for 12/14, they moved it to 12/30.
12/30 didn’t work for me so I moved it to 12/27.
Then they moved it to 1/12 and told me specifically if I need to reschedule to only do so for a later date and not to move it any earlier.
I also asked why can’t mobile do it, and hey told me flat out because they don’t.
I’m getting quite annoyed.
It is annoying. They said they have everything except the B pillar applique for our car. The Service Center employee says they're "in-transit" so I hope they arrive soon.

It appears that FSD Beta v10.8 has just started rolling out to legacy S&X vehicles. Hopefully it will include the ones with upgraded cameras.
@MP3Mike
Where are getting this information and how reliable do you think it is?
How could it roll out to legacy S & X that DO NOT have the upgraded cameras? Hasn't the Original Cameras been the problem getting FSD Beta, all along?
Am I missing something?

Reactions: Matias
@MP3Mike
Where are getting this information and how reliable do you think it is?

People have reported getting it, very reliable. And TeslaFi shows a lot of S&X in process of upgrading to 2021.44.25.6. (And there aren't many non-legacy Xs out there.)

How could it roll out to legacy S & X that DO NOT have the upgraded cameras? Hasn't the Original Cameras been the problem getting FSD Beta, all along?
FSD Beta has been going out to Legacy S&X that shipped with AP2.5+ for a long time. (I consider them original cameras since that is what came with their car.) They just have been stuck on FSD Beta 10.5/6 until today.

Yeah guys are using 2 different meanings of legacy here.

Folks with HW2.5 cams (and HW3 computers for the beta), but vertical screens, are now getting updated to Xmas update (which for those in the beta is 10.8) when they initially were not.

Folks with HW2.0 still need camera upgrades (as well as having HW3) to get the beta code at all.

Reactions: outdoors and Saxman
Yeah guys are using 2 different meanings of legacy here.

Folks with HW2.5 cams (and HW3 computers for the beta), but vertical screens, are now getting updated to Xmas update (which for those in the beta is 10.8) when they initially were not.

Folks with HW2.0 still need camera upgrades (as well as having HW3) to get the beta code at all.
@Knightshade
Thanks for clearing that up. I do have the camera upgrade and MCU2 & HW3, but not ANY version of FSD Beta, as of now.

Karpathy response from 1.5 hours ago
“There was some issue with firmware/UI that slowed the release for Legacy S&X, but I'm told this is now resolved, so we're rolling out imminently”

Still nothing on my car with new cameras
They always roll out to existing FSD Beta testers before they add new ones. So after all the current Legacy S&X testers get v10.8 would be when they might start adding new testers.