Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cameras upgraded in January
Assuming you have 80+ safety score and 100+ miles with Autosteer, it seems like it's not that uncommon for Service to have installed the wrong cameras. Check your invoices for the part numbers and/or load this color test screen on your phone and put it in front of the cameras and check TeslaCam (for the front and repeater cameras) to see if they're actually RCCB or still RCCC.

Reactions: HELLAWATTS
Assuming you have 80+ safety score and 100+ miles with Autosteer, it seems like it's not that uncommon for Service to have installed the wrong cameras. Check your invoices for the part numbers and/or load this color test screen on your phone and put it in front of the cameras and check TeslaCam (for the front and repeater cameras) to see if they're actually RCCB or still RCCC.
What's this color test? Care to explain a little more? I already have the beta so I wager my cameras are fine, but this color test has me intrigued.

What's this color test? Care to explain a little more? I already have the beta so I wager my cameras are fine, but this color test has me intrigued.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Yes, the estimate is $0. Just the part numbers. The service replied to my question and said everything is correct after double checking. The part number is auto generated by the system. so I accepted the estimate to let the replacement happen. I will talk to the mobile tech when he is here in the morning.
Mobile tech just left. The last step he did was to hook up his computer. Three of the five replacement are still RCCC. I will post the wrong parts to the spreadsheet. He said he will schedule another service to correct those.

Three of the five replacement are still RCCC.
They need a "sad" (not "disagree") emoticon on this forum. How long has this been going on? It just can't be that difficult to see this time after time after time! You would think they had a service bulletin which told them which parts to use which was double-checked when ordering the parts!

Mobile tech just left. The last step he did was to hook up his computer. Three of the five replacement are still RCCC. I will post the wrong parts to the spreadsheet. He said he will schedule another service to correct those.
They have a computer that verifies if the RCCC cameras are right? I just went through service center and they didn't mention anything about computer verification. Although my invoice was correct and parts match XGeek who just got FSD Beta a couple of days ago. I am still waiting though - I may try the color test manually.

They have a computer that verifies if the RCCC cameras are right? I just went through service center and they didn't mention anything about computer verification. Although my invoice was correct and parts match XGeek who just got FSD Beta a couple of days ago. I am still waiting though - I may try the color test manually.
Yes, the tech ripped out the cubbie under the screen, pulled out a wire and connected to his computer. He said the inline 3 is wrong, 1089531-00-c. That's what I have been warning them all along. Then he said the B pillars are reporting as RCCC as well. Those are shown on my invoice as 1069104-SR-D and should be correct. He said his advisor will contact me later today to set up a follow up service.

They need a "sad" (not "disagree") emoticon on this forum. How long has this been going on? It just can't be that difficult to see this time after time after time! You would think they had a service bulletin which told them which parts to use which was double-checked when ordering the parts!
that's what the tech did. He pulled out a paper and said everything is marked as RCCB replacement. But he also said this is first upgrade ticket he did in the last two years. I guess not many of us dinosaurs with FSD are still around. He was super nice and friendly, though. work was awesome, just the wrong parts.

So I am assuming these are wrong. They swear are correct.
Screenshot_20220923-124007.png

The triple (1089531-00-C) and both repeaters cameras (1034344-00-B 1034345-00-B) are wrong. The pillar cameras seem to be okay. The triple should be 1120520-00-B and repeaters can be 1642010-00-A 1642011-00-A or 1495866-22-C 1495867-22-C (or a mix).
My repeaters shown on the invoice is 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C, but the mobile tech says the computer reads them as RCCC, too. He scheduled a service center appointment for me in 2 weeks to sort things out.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors