Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine paying $15k right now and not even having a guarantee of getting into the FSD beta.

You're paying $15k for promises.
The problem is perception. There are people who paid $15K and want to test pre-release software. And there are people who pay $15K and would be very angry to find that FSD Beta is for testing and has lots of bugs. We've seen many here on TMC complain about the state of FSD Beta after they were invited to participate. "I paid $15K for this?!?".

My understanding is that everyone that paid or has a subscription and wants to join the FSD Beta will be able to do so in the near future. I'd expect within the next 6 months. Elon has stated by the end of this year, but please don't listen to him. :)

I had the beta for a couple of weeks and as a result am now truly disillusioned with the whole thing. It's utter garbage. It seems to have stopped working completely now and I am not sad about it. I am only sad about the $10K I wasted. I received no notices or warnings. Maybe it deemed me to be a reckless unsafe driver, or maybe it just died of inadequacy. I came here out of curiosity to find out why my beta died. I see all the hopeful people waiting in line for the beta, waiting for their chance to be disappointed as well. Oh, the humanity! If only we could find a way to harness and convert this massive wave of endless disappointment, we could certainly solve the global energy crisis at least.

I'm getting super frustrated waiting. 2022.10.9 paid, 95 score and hundreds of autopilot miles, Beta "ON". 👺
Did you get your cameras retrofitted or needed to? If yes maybe create a service appointment to have all camera part numbers physically checked. Also, try emailing Tesla and include your VIN. Let them know you meet all requirements. Then when they send you the automated response, reply back to it. Not sure if this will work but it’s worth a shot.

Email: [email protected]

Dear FSD Tesla Team,

I meet all requirements to enter the FSD Beta Program and would like to request to have the software pushed to my vehicle.

VIN

I have read the automated reply and have confirmed I do meet all requirements to participate in the FSD Beta program.
  • Vehicle must have Full Self-Driving Capability (subscription or one-time purchase)
  • Full-Self Driving Computer
  • Eligible Safety Score
  • At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer
I would like to request FSD Beta to be pushed to my vehicle as all cameras have been retrofitted.

VIN

Thanks, It's not a typo and which support do you recommend? The App?
First consider just requesting it:

(a) Use the Tesla App.
(b) Under "Service" / "Request Service" / "Software" check the "Update" circle.
(c) Add something like "No software updates - Please check" in an accompanying message.

Second If you have a SC nearby you could try it yourself (note: I've not tried this myself):

1. Go to SC parking lot - verify it connects to their WiFi.
Push and hold on your Model in the Software Screen, let go after 5 seconds
PXL_20220216_200109414.jpg

4. Enter “service”
PXL_20220216_200121801.jpg

5. Remove speed limit
PXL_20220216_200129924.MP.jpg

6. Back out of menu
7. Pick “Software Reinstall”
PXL_20220216_200022515.jpg

8. Pick “Full Reinstall”
- Partial Install probably works, but why chance it.

First consider just requesting it:

(a) Use the Tesla App.
(b) Under "Service" / "Request Service" / "Software" check the "Update" circle.
(c) Add something like "No software updates - Please check" in an accompanying message.

Second If you have a SC nearby you could try it yourself (note: I've not tried this myself):

1. Go to SC parking lot - verify it connects to their WiFi.
Push and hold on your Model in the Software Screen, let go after 5 seconds
PXL_20220216_200109414.jpg

4. Enter “service”
PXL_20220216_200121801.jpg

5. Remove speed limit
PXL_20220216_200129924.MP.jpg

6. Back out of menu
7. Pick “Software Reinstall”
PXL_20220216_200022515.jpg

8. Pick “Full Reinstall”
- Partial Install probably works, but why chance it.
FYI, you no longer need to be connected to the wifi at a Service Center in order to enter service mode.

Here are the part numbers from the invoice when cameras were upgraded in January:
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,LH(1642010-00-A)
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-C)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)

The ONLY part that's not confirmed by all here and the spreadsheet is the applique pillar camera, unless listed on the invoice and actually installed parts are not the same....

oy oy oy, always something with these techs, always

Like many, I also got a camera upgrade invite in the Tesla app yesterday.
ZHhPkg7.jpg

I'm on 2022.40.1 a ways past the fork that the FSDBeta software is on as far as I understand it. Meaning even with 'new' cameras and a good FSDBeta score wouldn't I have to wait for a catchup (or perhaps it is a complete install even if going backward - some lost features in 40.1 that are not in FSDBeta).

Is there any advantage to waiting to get the camera upgrade?
  1. Possibility of mobile techs getting more experience in doing camera replacements
  2. Tesla having better procedures to make sure the correct cameras are installed (ie. you can't verify the B-pillar cameras yourself)
  3. Possibility of getting the latest cameras shipped in current newly built cars
FSD at bottom of this list in red:
fZ87AEB.jpg