Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: JB47394
I would not call this a wide release. It's wider than initial testing, but WIDE releases go out to thousands of cars in the course a day or two. This release has been a few hundred cars each day spread over a week.
Wide release goes out wide. There have been some that trickled for 2 weeks before everyone got it, a slower pace than 12.3.

Odd thing to debate, but people all over the country have it. I had to dig around, but before every release had FSD, I found something on Reddit that said about 14% of cars on Teslafi had FSD, so about half have been upgraded.

Reactions: Bigriver
I guess I'm just confused where you are figuring that 40% of all testers have it? While you claim that about 15% of all Tesla's have FSD beta, you have no idea how the number of TeslaFi users with FSD equals out. There's almost 20,000 users on TesalFi now, and the various FSD versions add up to ~50% of those users being FSD beta users. Which tracks, as if you are nerdy enough to use TeslaFi, you are likely a "buy FSD" type of person also.

TeslaFi shows ~1,300 installs with 156 pending. A normal wide release will have thousands of installs pending.

Would you call 40% of all testers already having it going wide? Because that's the number that others are predicting and it's still growing.
No, I would say it has to be over 50% to be called wide.

The truth is that we have no idea what % of cars have it.

We know that only ~22% FSDb "tester" cars on TeslaFi have it. (And that tends to be very representative of what is actually happening.)

Reactions: Fiver
I guess I'm just confused where you are figuring that 40% of all testers have it? While you claim that about 15% of all Tesla's have FSD beta, you have no idea how the number of TeslaFi users with FSD equals out. There's almost 20,000 users on TesalFi now, and the various FSD versions add up to ~50% of those users being FSD beta users. Which tracks, as if you are nerdy enough to use TeslaFi, you are likely a "buy FSD" type of person also.

TeslaFi shows ~1,300 installs with 156 pending. A normal wide release will have thousands of installs pending.
All builds have FSD, that doesn't make them FSD Beta testers. Again, I went back to an old thread from a little over a year ago that said about 14% of cars on Teslafi at FSDb...now it's impossible to track.

Anecdotally, a majority of active people here, in the 2 FB groups I'm in, and on Reddit who are beta testers have V12 now.

We know that only ~22% FSDb "tester" cars on TeslaFi have it. (And that tends to be very representative of what is actually happening.)
As far as I can see, there's no way to distinguish tester cars from non-tester cars anymore.

Either way, this is a large rollout and it's continuing. Someone broke down the rollout steps and we're certainly past employee group, what used to be OGs, and small group....

All builds have FSD, that doesn't make them FSD Beta testers. Again, I went back to an old thread from a little over a year ago that said about 14% of cars on Teslafi at FSDb...now it's impossible to track.
Not impossible to track. The people still on 2023.44.30.x are mostly FSDb testers, the people that are on the 2024 releases are not.

1710943596922.png

But that puts the testers at almost 30% of the TeslaFi fleet now.

Not impossible to track. The people still on 2023.44.30.x are mostly FSDb testers, the people that are on the 2024 releases are not.

View attachment 1029926

But that puts the testers at almost 30% of the TeslaFi fleet now.
You're missing 2024.2.7, which is FSD Beta also. So between that 42.7%, and the 6.5% of 12.3, that's almost 50% of the TeslaFi user base alone, not counting the other random versions. (Meaning at least 50% of TeslaFi users are FSD beta users also). I agree to be "wide" a release should be on more than 50% of all cars, and 12.3 isn't close to that. It's more expanded testing at this time.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 8.14.17 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks
I'm not missing it. (Every version now has FSDb.) While it has FSDb in it, it is not the version that the "testers" are on. (People on it currently have no path to get FSDb v12.3.)

Tesla is holding the actual testers back on 2023.44.30.x so that they can receive FSDb v12.x once it is released.
Yes, my point being that if 40% of all cars can't even get 12.3 (in its current release) then 12.3 isn't "wide". It's expanded testing for sure though. I dunno this is a stupid argument and it's early in the morning for me. I don't know why I'm riled up lol.