Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD and reduced driver nag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to rationalize what might actually make FSD more interesting. One thought was its ability to greatly reduce how often driver nag occurs during highway driving. Has anyone seen if this is being considered? Or is the driving nag more of a regulation related issue?

Reactions: SlimJim
Trying to rationalize what might actually make FSD more interesting. One thought was its ability to greatly reduce how often driver nag occurs during highway driving. Has anyone seen if this is being considered? Or is the driving nag more of a regulation related issue?

I feel you on the driver nag. I turned on red lights and stop sign nag for about 2 miles before I turned it off again after the auto brake whiplash I kept getting and the frustration of constant driving stick clicks. I've since decided to turn it back on periodically to help the beta testing cause, but I can't drive like that all the time, I'll go batty. Having said all that. I ask myself, whats better, no self driving and no nagging? Or self driving with nagging and future of FSD and no nag. So I suck it up and deal with the nag. I am married so I am kind of a pro at it already! Ohhhhhh! too close to mothers day!? My apologies..

You are a pioneer in what you are doing, nag it up! Many will thank you later! But I'm with you, waiting for the day it's cleared to go away. My car!!! Not my wife!.. :)

On the last update they moved the nag time back to 30 seconds (it was 10 seconds in first stoplight update).

It would be nice if they moved HWY nag to 2–3 minutes and kept street at 30. I could live with that.

It would be better if:

1) On a major interstate
2) Navigating to a far destination or
3) After driving for more than 30 minutes

Nag would drop even lower to 5 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
On the last update they moved the nag time back to 30 seconds (it was 10 seconds in first stoplight update).

It would be nice if they moved HWY nag to 2–3 minutes and kept street at 30. I could live with that.

It would be better if:

1) On a major interstate
2) Navigating to a far destination or
3) After driving for more than 30 minutes

Nag would drop even lower to 5 minutes.
I'd like to see stop and go greatly decreased. The risk is very low when you're only moving <10MPH and the accuracy is very high of the system. I don't see why it couldn't go 10 mins+ very safely.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I'd like to see stop and go greatly decreased. The risk is very low when you're only moving <10MPH and the accuracy is very high of the system. I don't see why it couldn't go 10 mins+ very safely.
I recently tested my FSD nag, and the interval is set for ten minutes. I used to be 20-30 seconds, but for months now it has been ten minutes. This is great for the stop-and-go traffic that you mentioned as well as for long freeway drives.

I sure wish they would change the nag to be triggered by eye detection from the cabin camera vs input on the steering wheel.

Seriously, I respectfully disagree and vote for hand on wheel. It's more important that you can immediately steer.
In 2 years I've had 2 sideswipe attempts where I had a fraction of a second to pull away.

hScreen Shot 2019-10-08 at 18.46.28m.jpg

Really glad I've settled into a habit of the right hand at 3 o'clock, resting on my little 3 oz (100g) counterweight. Just paying attention is not enough. A small counterweight can make normal movement of the hand on the wheel usually enough to clear the nag, no need to jerk, but doesn't block it. The way some people hold the wheel is good enough for them. The nag comes up at appropriate times, and trust me, they know what they're doing. You wouldn't want to defeat it or rely on a camera system deciding you're paying attention enough. You could be paying attention plenty with your hands up your behind.

No idea what's going on with @Petermcg's car, maybe his wheel alignment is skewed.

Last edited: