Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a suggestion for Elon. Instead of focusing on letting in those with 95 safety scores, why don’t you move those of us who paid for FSD back in late 2016, have made all the necessary HW upgrades and maintained a 100 safety score for quite some time, move to the top of the priority list. We are losing patience here.
I'm sure, before 95 score cars get FSD, anyone with 98+ will get it.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
Map Related : The first time we see reference to a feature that specifically mentions "inaccurate maps". I'm sure they know wrong map is one of the top reasons for disengagements. This could also help where the car starts slowing down & stops for stop signs etc.
A road near me is undergoing a major revision this spring/summer - adding shoulders, turn lanes, and actually moving part of the road. Typically mapping data lags such changes by 6-12 months so it will be interesting to see how FSD handles it.

A road near me is undergoing a major revision this spring/summer - adding shoulders, turn lanes, and actually moving part of the road. Typically mapping data lags such changes by 6-12 months so it will be interesting to see how FSD handles it.
If you see all the saga I've reported (in the maps related thread and others) - I've seen roads that haven't been updated for over 10 years.

FSD looks extremely confused when you have a situation where the map is wrong. It might try to turn into a sidewalk if the map shows a road there - and stops because it can't find a drivable path.

Here it comes... Over 100 cars downloading now.

1647279725358.png

I have a hard time believing that would make a discernable difference (people using the lowering of the safety score for entry to beta as the basis for making a $12k investment). FSD is a long-term play and most of us bought in before there was a safety score or FSD beta.

I do agree with the notion of giving more people something for the money they've already paid.
Yea but when Safety Score started and people made 99/100 sound unobtainable, I’m sure it turned off a bunch of people and made them wait to purchase whenever they will actually be able to participate in beta. I could be wrong, just an opinion.

Reactions: dcesq06
Here it comes... Over 100 cars downloading now.
I bet could have used 10.11 during my FSD drive thru downtown Boston during rush hour this morning. Although I had to disengage a few times FSD did reasonably well especially since I wasn't real familiar with the section of Boston I was driving thru and leveraging FSD was helpful. Will be interesting to compare when I receive the update. Boston is a tough place to drive whether you're familiar with the cow pasture road layout or not.

Pure speculation here (and I'll explain what I'm thinking), but let me start with a question.

Is there anyone in the US with a Safety Score of 98 or higher that is also not currently an active FSD Beta tester (you've hit the button, but you aren't in yet) with software newer / higher than 4.5.3 that also has their software update preference set to Advanced?

For example, I have all the above mentioned ..... I've hit the enroll button, have a current SSB of 99.22 for the past month and a 100 over each of the past 8 days, have my software update set to Advanced, but haven't had 4.5.5 or higher roll out to me yet. What I'm speculating is that (and I can only hope I'm right) folks are stuck at 4.5.3 because they will get FSD 10.11 Beta sometime in the coming days and having 4.5.16 would have impacted that.

Pure speculation here (and I'll explain what I'm thinking), but let me start with a question.

Is there anyone in the US with a Safety Score of 98 or higher that is also not currently an active FSD Beta tester (you've hit the button, but you aren't in yet) with software newer / higher than 4.5.3 that also has their software update preference set to Advanced?

For example, I have all the above mentioned ..... I've hit the enroll button, have a current SSB of 99.22 for the past month and a 100 over each of the past 8 days, have my software update set to Advanced, but haven't had 4.5.5 or higher roll out to me yet. What I'm speculating is that (and I can only hope I'm right) folks are stuck at 4.5.3 because they will get FSD 10.11 Beta sometime in the coming days and having 4.5.16 would have impacted that.
I am, 99 for over a month with software 4.5.3. I actually last week got a notification on my screen saying configuration was changed and needed to reboot my screen. I like to think that they moved me to the beta update channel but I'll never know till it happens.

Reactions: tholly and clydeiii