Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Thanks for that. When I say it went out after the software update, it was minutes later that I got back in the car and no audio. Just got off the phone with Support and as I suspected, I have done all TS steps. TikTok, Netflix and Hulu sound all don’t work either. She said to do a service appt and “enginnering will try to roll me back”. She acted funny when I asked her if this is a trend on 8.2.
My car had an issue a few weeks ago where I couldn't get music to play either. I didn't try video streaming. Sounds from car functions worked fine. I tried switching between FM, Streaming, etc., and I think my issue was related to my phone. I tried many things over about a 10 minute period and got it working again. I can't say for certain what fixed it, but you might try unpairing any phones/Bluetooth and see if that has any effect.

i hate twitter lol, and use it rarely but i saw a tweet from EM yesterday that i can find now, but it said 10.12 would come out on tues for US and fri for CA... since i can't find it now take that with a grain of salt, but i'm checking out for a few days on the firmware monitoring to preserve my mental health haha

That tweet was over 2 weeks ago lol

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
i hate twitter lol, and use it rarely but i saw a tweet from EM yesterday that i can find now, but it said 10.12 would come out on tues for US and fri for CA... since i can't find it now take that with a grain of salt, but i'm checking out for a few days on the firmware monitoring to preserve my mental health haha
From March 5th.

Its linked in the first post of this thread.

You can do advanced find on Twitter or search something like "from : @ elonmusk 10.12".

I have got to wonder what the issue is with 10.11.1? I have had it now for a week and it started off rough on the first trip then settled settled down. I know I'm one of the only ones to get get it here but haven't seen any show stoppers using it. Hopefully I don' t find out the hard way. I've been very limited on time to drive last and this coming week. I've gotten probably 200 miles on it now.

The worst thing I have noticed and maybe this is it. At stop signs the car is faster to pull out from the stop instead of sitting around waiting on me to hit the gas. The issue is it stays at the slow speed until the car has cleared the intersection "Box". So if there isn't a car coming it is so slow one will get there before you know it. I have been deliberately letting the car drive the whole time. I have been going into work real early so I'm the only one on the road and have no pressure. It is like the command to GO is held up after the car says its safe to proceed. What ever is holding it up releases once the intersection Box is cleared.

For the most part the version is doing very well. It has been forgetting to change lanes for an upcoming exit once or twice, and I just tap the turn signal and it jumps over and makes the exit. I have almost made it to work twice without doing anything. the second issue is the right turn on red. Like the stop sign it is so slow I have to take over. I'm turning right from a residential street onto a 55MPH divided highway. It seems like an eternity for the car to take off. Far away cars are closing on me way to fast to sit idly by. I have to hit it. Now I am running in chill mode, I don't know if it would improve with a higher setting. I have seen worse out of FSD but I'm trying to see how good it is getting.

Otherwise I feel they continue to smooth things out. stop signs are improving as well as the smoothness of turning, right or left. Circles got a little smoother also. I went through a school zone with kids everywhere and it did fine, slowing down. When pedestrians were present and or in the roadway J walking the car favored the center line, weaving around them. It was pretty congested in areas. Didn't miss any speed bumps.

I have got to wonder what the issue is with 10.11.1? I have had it now for a week and it started off rough on the first trip then settled settled down. I know I'm one of the only ones to get get it here but haven't seen any show stoppers using it. Hopefully I don' t find out the hard way. I've been very limited on time to drive last and this coming week. I've gotten probably 200 miles on it now.
I've seen some people report that it misses turns and keeps going straight, recalculates, lather, rinse, repeat. So there is some condition that appears to cause a disconnect between the navigation system and the Beta FSD. They may consider that a show stopper.

I've seen some people report that it misses turns and keeps going straight, recalculates, lather, rinse, repeat. So there is some condition that appears to cause a disconnect between the navigation system and the Beta FSD. They may consider that a show stopper.
I see it happen when several things happen in short order. I had just turned left, it needs to get over a lane then turn right. Back in the early beta days I would go to Starbucks and had to do the same with bike and turn lanes. The car just gave up and stopped. I'm wondering if the computer cant handle all the action.

I forgot to mention, I have a really tricky double exit ramp I take to work exit right, S turn merge then right back off and bare left. The car is smoothing this out. I'm beginning to wonder if they are now reading yellow exit speed signs or at least slowing down. The car is not charging into exits like it was. Less latency, slowing some before the curve.

Don't ask me why but the car does improve when you repeat the trips and gets familiar with the turf. I thought the car would be able to do the entire run with out me touching anything. Were getting close. I have made it home, just not to work.

Didn't miss any speed bumps.
Thank for the update. Curious if the speed bumps are all marked on the pavement with lines or markings?
I go thru a neighborhood that is about 3 years old and the speed bumps are not marked. Only once in one direction has FSD slowed down or visualized the bumps. I have reported this Tesla a couple of times and hoped the last map update might help.

Reactions: Ramphex