Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While 10.11.2 (moderator edit) has some improvements one regression has been a surprise. On the highway when the right hand lane widens from an on ramp FSD/NoA fairly consistently tries to use the wider lane when it shouldn't and then jerks back when the wider lane narrows. Very odd. Have others seen it? Similar to how NoA handled this situation when first released.

(moderator edit)

For me, this issue has never been fully resolved. The best the car ever performed (according to my own observations) in this use case was on a firmware released late fall of 2019. Even then, some ramps cause more problems than others. If the highway is straight, it usually was ok. If the highway was bending left, it almost always drove as a human would. But if the highway was bending right, it almost always failed and centered itself in the wide part.

Throughout the FSD beta versions, it's still been hit or miss depending on the ramp. While it still tries to center sometimes, it does so with less jerk than in the past.

I am hoping that single stack highway driving eliminates this problem. I don't see this happening at all on local streets when the lane space widens (usually when a new dedicated lane appears).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VanFriscia
I assume you meant 10.11.2?

For me, this issue has never been fully resolved. The best the car ever performed (according to my own observations) in this use case was on a firmware released late fall of 2019. Even then, some ramps cause more problems than others. If the highway is straight, it usually was ok. If the highway was bending left, it almost always drove as a human would. But if the highway was bending right, it almost always failed and centered itself in the wide part.

Throughout the FSD beta versions, it's still been hit or miss depending on the ramp. While it still tries to center sometimes, it does so with less jerk than in the past.

I am hoping that single stack highway driving eliminates this problem. I don't see this happening at all on local streets when the lane space widens (usually when a new dedicated lane appears).
Yes 10.11.2 sorry about that. For me there has been a distinct regression with this behavior that takes me back a couple of years. Appears to be getting worse too. Of course we all know the "big one" 10.12 will fix everything:)

I figure at least a month before I get an update and it will likely be 10.12.1.
Yes - 10.10 to wide release was 15 days. 10.11 to wide 10.11.2 was 23 days.

1652368916354.png

Have beta transferred to new car. Some have emailed the beta team and got it done.
This is the email response you get back after asking:

“If you have sold or traded in your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please note that it is not transferable to your new vehicle. You can request access on your new vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.”

I think that only works if you have YouTube channel with a trillion followers/subscribers.

This is the email response you get back after asking:

“If you have sold or traded in your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please note that it is not transferable to your new vehicle. You can request access on your new vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.”

I think that only works if you have YouTube channel with a trillion followers/subscribers.
It’s a shills only feature, how dare you ask

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
I decided to opt out of safety score jail until June based on Elon’s latest tweet. My luck, it’ll mean it releases to the rest of y’all this weekend, which honestly, I’d be okay with.
If it means you enjoy driving your car more then it’s the right choice. I understand the frustration i’ve ever been trying to get into the FSD beta program. Especially when Elon is so cryptic and inconsistent with his messaging. Hopefully they can expand it so that more people can get in soon.

Reactions: Ramphex